Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-05-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh please. Did we forget how he sucked ass the 2 games before that? I want to see him do that for more than just a game here and there.

I do agree that I like our bench though. I want Turiaf starting, Chandler is great energy off the bench, Douglas is solid. I don't like Fields all that much, he shouldn't start.

We need a dog inside in the worst way though. We need a shot blocker/rebounder so bad.

I love Amare, but good God does he suck on defense. Part of me is worried that with him and Melo, our front court will be one of the softest in the league.

You almost can't have those 2 plaing inside together. It's a disaster on the defensive end. I wish we could trade Amare and Felton for Paul and a big body rebounder. Then trade Gallo and whatever else for Anthony, but I know that's not happening.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He did suck, but a lot of players (particularly shooters) get off to poor starts. Gallinari is probably our best defender too, which is half depressing. I actually felt like Amar'e wasn't too bad defensively. He's not a shot blocker or anything, but he's improved from how bad he used to be with the Suns.

I have to say, Mosgov actually didn't look terrible last night either. He's been awful the first few games, but he can run the floor well for a 7'1 guy and has long reach. If he can develop defensively for us that'd be a huge plus. I know the coaching staff is pretty high on him.

Fields isn't that great as you mentioned, but he's athletic and can play defense.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll get a better idea of this team after about 20 games. They're still gelling and creating an identity.

I do like that the defensive intensity is picking up. We're tall too, which is a breath of fresh air.

We need a dog in the front court in the worst worst way. There's gotta be someone out there we can trade for.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Too many jump shots from this team. I don't like how we take so many jump shots.

I love our length. We may not be a championship team, but this is definitely a playoff team. Our length is going to give opponents trouble. We have too many SFs though, we need to move one for a SG.

Amare is starting to tick me off too. Be explosive. Dunk it. Drive to the hoop. Have a clue on defense. Get your head out of your ass.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Oh and Randolph is playing like ass cheeks. I'm willing to give him time though, he's so young, he needs more reps.

But he has to chill with his recklessness.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I really really really like the length we have on our team right now. And I love our tenacity on defense.

Part of me wants Chris Paul more than Carmelo Anthony. We have too many SFs as is. Felton + Chandler + a 1st for Chris Paul?

Yes?

We need a stud in the backcourt.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I really really really like the length we have on our team right now. And I love our tenacity on defense.

Part of me wants Chris Paul more than Carmelo Anthony. We have too many SFs as is. Felton + Chandler + a 1st for Chris Paul?

Yes?

We need a stud in the backcourt.
Doubt that has much of a benefit to New Orleans, especially since we have very few first round picks in the near future.

I'm with you though about CP3. He's one of my favorites in the league by far. Could you imagine CP3 and Amar'e running the pick and roll? They would be unstoppable.

Also, I think Amar'e will get it going soon. Once and Felton get their timing down in the pick and roll it will be impossible to stop Amar'e. They started to get a feel for it last night too.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Doubt that has much of a benefit to New Orleans, especially since we have very few first round picks in the near future.

I'm with you though about CP3. He's one of my favorites in the league by far. Could you imagine CP3 and Amar'e running the pick and roll? They would be unstoppable.

Also, I think Amar'e will get it going soon. Once and Felton get their timing down in the pick and roll it will be impossible to stop Amar'e. They started to get a feel for it last night too.
I personally feel that CP3 is the best PG in the league.

And I always felt that Amare is better than Bosh. I had a mancrush on Amare for awhile, it's a shame that his explosion is gone though. The old Amare would just dunk over everyone. Now you barely see him attack the basket like that anymore.

The thing is, he still can, he just doesn't. Not like before, but he can still attack the basket if he wanted. He needs that ferocity back.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I personally feel that CP3 is the best PG in the league.

And I always felt that Amare is better than Bosh. I had a mancrush on Amare for awhile, it's a shame that his explosion is gone though. The old Amare would just dunk over everyone. Now you barely see him attack the basket like that anymore.

The thing is, he still can, he just doesn't. Not like before, but he can still attack the basket if he wanted. He needs that ferocity back.
I just think he's struggling to create his own shot right now. Usually Nash would give him great looks and he'd just throw down all the time. I'm confident as Felton learns the offense and he and Amar'e play more you will see Amar'e start to throw down some awesome dunks. He had a couple of amazing jams in the first game of the year.

I agree with you about CP3 though. His injuries scare me a little, but for my money he's easily the best PG in the league. No one passes the ball better than him. He can average 20-10 with almost no turnovers, plus he creates a ton of turnovers against the opposing team with his steals.

I would pay good money to see him lobbing alley oops to Amar'e. Would be a sight to see.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would it really be possible for the Knicks to still sign CP3 and Melo?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Would it really be possible for the Knicks to still sign CP3 and Melo?
Yeah, they can manipulate their salary cap in a way to pay 3 max contracts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I just think he's struggling to create his own shot right now. Usually Nash would give him great looks and he'd just throw down all the time. I'm confident as Felton learns the offense and he and Amar'e play more you will see Amar'e start to throw down some awesome dunks. He had a couple of amazing jams in the first game of the year.

I agree with you about CP3 though. His injuries scare me a little, but for my money he's easily the best PG in the league. No one passes the ball better than him. He can average 20-10 with almost no turnovers, plus he creates a ton of turnovers against the opposing team with his steals.

I would pay good money to see him lobbing alley oops to Amar'e. Would be a sight to see.
I hope so. I haven't been this excited about Knicks basketball in 10 years! It's been so long. I know just merely a playoff team right now, but hell, after the past 10 years its a step in the right direction, and something to get excited about.

I'm gonna go to at least 4 games at the Garden this year. I'm so pumped up to watch them play.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So apparently I like Fields more than you guys to. I don't think he'll ever be a great player, but he's really smart, plays hard and has a good skillset. A prime around 14-15 pts on really high efficiency, 2.5 assists, 3-4 boards, with good D and really smart team play is a really useful player. That last part's why I like him so much, the kid just does a great job for such a young player at adjusting to his team-mates and helping the team whenever and however he can. I think Gallo's got that same type of skill for team-work except gallo's a much more gifted scorer, shooter and is longer.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Well that was just a good old fashioned ass whoopin.

Gotta start winning some of these games. Too many jumpshots from this team. Need to start attacking the hoop more.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Well that was just a good old fashioned ass whoopin.

Gotta start winning some of these games. Too many jumpshots from this team. Need to start attacking the hoop more.
Haha, yeah, I think we're still prone to those. The difference this year is that we now at least have a fighting chance to win most games. Last year it was just expecting to lose and being pleasantly surprised when we won a game.

I'm not worried about the jump shooting too much. That's sort of our style, but even for us it's still probably too much right now. Really it's just about guys missing shots at this point.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Jump shooting teams run hot and cold. I hate it. And long rebounds lead to fast breaks on the other end.

I like our tenacity, I LOVE that we're finally blocking some shots, but we need to attack the hoop more. We have the horses to do it, we just have to do a better job of finding lanes and making that extra pass.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Gallinari sucks. I hate him so much.

It's nice to see Amare getting his groove back. When he first came to the Knicks, he wasn't dunking it down like the old Amare. Now him and Felton are working on that pick and roll that he thrives in, and he's starting to show that aggressiveness in his dunks again. I like it.

And I love how aggressive we are in blocked shots. I feel like a better coach can really teach this team to be a great defensive unit. Amare is so lost on defense, he's good for blocks but he can't rebound for crap and he struggles locating his man.

But we're getting better. It's exciting to be a knicks fan again.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Gallinari sucks. I hate him so much.

It's nice to see Amare getting his groove back. When he first came to the Knicks, he wasn't dunking it down like the old Amare. Now him and Felton are working on that pick and roll that he thrives in, and he's starting to show that aggressiveness in his dunks again. I like it.

And I love how aggressive we are in blocked shots. I feel like a better coach can really teach this team to be a great defensive unit. Amare is so lost on defense, he's good for blocks but he can't rebound for crap and he struggles locating his man.

But we're getting better. It's exciting to be a knicks fan again.
Interesting how you only post on nights Gallinari has a bad game, haha. He pretty much carried our team during the road trip. I still (for the 100th time) will never understand how you can hate such a likable kid. Plays hard, a solid defender (he pisses teams off so much with his pesky D), one of the best FT shooters in the NBA. We just need to stop being stupid and let him take the ball off the dribble instead of making him just spot up from 3 all the time. He knows how to draw fouls and with his ability to hit FT's he could easily be a 20 point scorer every night.

I also don't think Amar'e is that bad defensively. At least, not as bad as he's looked lately. He's been getting into early foul trouble the past few games and you can really see him ratchet back on D once he gets too many fouls.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our problem is that is that we don't have a pure 3 pt sniper. When Gallo's hot he can drain 3s like nobody's business, but he's a rhythm shooter and so is streaky, unfortunately despite that he's our most consistent and dependable shooter which is why Gallo gets stuck watching on the perimeter so much. We need him out there for floor spacing because our guys don't have the chemistry to create that space with off of the ball motion yet. If we had someone like Kapono to come off of the bench cold and drain open 3s we'd be a much better team and Gallo'd be scoring 20 every game.

Still Gallo's pretty nuts, even against a really good defensive team Gallo has scored 25 points on 16 shots in 2 games, that's the type of effeiciency that makes me love gallo. When we let him drive good things happen, he either draws the foul, hits the open man or gets to the hoop. I love this kid and BBD is insane for not liking him, especially when he's one of our best perimeter man defenders. Hell Turiaf, Fields and Felts are the only guys on this team that are better man defenders than Gallo, even though guys like Chandler are better help defenders.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Our bench is pretty amazing though. We really just need one more star and we could be a really great team. I desperately want CP3. Even more than Melo. He's SO good. Everyone always talks about how great Deron Williams and Rajon Rondo are as passers/PG's but Paul averages one less turnover than them. That's insane for how many assists he dishes out. Paul loves throwing alley oops too and with Amar'e it would be almost unstoppable.

Plus Paul is also insanely efficient at scoring and has improved his three point shooting.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I'd love Paul, but I don't think there's any way we add him this year and this year's team needs one pure sniper for the bench and someone other than Mozzie that can be our backup Center, I like what I've seen from Mozzie but he's still really raw, makes a lot of mistakes and looks unsure of his hands.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-29-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I love Amare. He's better than Bosh, no doubt. He's tougher, he attacks the hoop more, he's a better scorer, and he's not a finesse player.

If only Lebron came to the Knicks...*sigh*. He had a championship team here if he signed with us.

Oh well, we're winning which is great. Amare is coming along, him and Felton continue to work on that pick and roll, and we're on the right track as a team.

I just hate how we shoot so many 3s, and how we can't close out games. I don't like D'Antoni as a coach. I think this team has the qualities to be a great defensive team with a better coach. We're tall and we block shots. We should be better on defense and rebounding.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

We're a pretty good road team too, which is always a good sign for a young team. I really like the development of our roster.

You forgot to mention how Gallo closed out that game in double OT, BBD! Hah.

We seriously need to get him the ball more. He's so clutch. Just let him dribble to the basket and get fouled. He's one of the best FT shooters in the league. He could easily be putting up 20+ a night with the way he scores and can shoot from the line. Rosebud is right though. We just make him sit at the 3pt line and the times we do give him the ball in non-catch and shoot opportunities he usually scores, gets fouled, or gives it up for an open look to his teammates.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Oh please. We went into the 2nd OT bc his dumbass fouled Teyshaun at the worst possible time.

I do admit he needs to attack the basket more. Again, it goes back to coaching. I don't like D'Antoni as a coach. I feel we can be a better team with a different coach.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh please. We went into the 2nd OT bc his dumbass fouled Teyshaun at the worst possible time.

I do admit he needs to attack the basket more. Again, it goes back to coaching. I don't like D'Antoni as a coach. I feel we can be a better team with a different coach.
It was a BS foul though. In fact, pretty much every one of Gallo's fouls on Tayshaun was nonexistent.

I wouldn't underrate D'Antoni though. I guarantee you half of the players on our rosters wouldn't be half as good as they are now if it weren't for D'Antoni. Douglas, Chandler, Gallo, David Lee (when he was here), Bill Walker, etc have benefited from his coaching.

He would probably be a better assistant coach on a team with a good defensive head coach, though. We've gotten better on defense though, not surprisingly, as we started to accumulate more talent.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Na that was a legit foul. He hit his hand. It was a touchy foul, but thats the home team, they're going to get that call.

Yeah, that's true. D'Antoni is a good teacher. I just don't like his style. We rely on jumpshots way too much.

Fields is great at attacking the basket. Gallo can improve his game by attacking the basket, Chandler should attack more.

We have guys who can attack, but we usually just attack with Amare, and have everyone else sit back and wait for the kick out pass for an open jumper. I don't like it.

And we don't fast break enough either.