Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-05-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jack Donaghy is one of my favorite characters who hasn't been mentioned yet.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe it's just me, but Frank is my favorite character on IASIP.

At times he acts with/like Charlie, and at other times he acts like he's better/smarter than the others.

I also like how he gets so excited about dumb things, like "the gang" used to have a 4th member, or hanging out with Dennis's old frat.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
No, two different guys.

Unsolved Mysteries = Robert Stack.

Harry Morgan = James Remar
I just watched the entire Battlestar Galactica TV series... Complete mindfuck when Harry Morgan showed up on that show (season 2?). It's so hard to watch an actor on a show when he has a very familiar character on another show...just screws everything up. Still can't believe Harry Morgan tried to kill Lee Adama.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I just watched the entire Battlestar Galactica TV series... Complete mindfuck when Harry Morgan showed up on that show (season 2?). It's so hard to watch an actor on a show when he has a very familiar character on another show...just screws everything up. Still can't believe Harry Morgan tried to kill Lee Adama.
Similarly, I watched BSG first so I'll always think of Edward James Olmos as Adama. Then I watched West Wing, and I could not accept him as a Hispanic Supreme Court Justice and talking with a Hispanic accent.

Also, my dad was so confused when Tom Zarek showed up and he didn't understand why Starbuck was a bad guy in the new series.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 11-05-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Seinfeld is the most overrated show ever. I've tried multiple times to get into it but...meh.

IASIP was fantastic last night. Frank trying to push Schmitty out of the car was awesome.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I still think Seinfeld is the most overrated show ever. I've tried multiple times to get into it but...meh.
Try again. Seinfeld is the second best show ever(only behind the wire)
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Try again. Seinfeld is the second best show ever(only behind the wire)
You fool Chucky.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I don't get it either. It's not funny.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I don't get it either. It's not funny.
My biggest issue with Seinfeld is that Jerry Seinfeld is not a funny comedian.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

I enjoy Seinfeld occasionally. It has really funny moments, but it's not always that way.

I also think Jerry is incredibly annoying, and George is definitely the best character.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-05-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is far better than Seinfeld ever was.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Curb Your Enthusiasm is far better than Seinfeld ever was.
Corey speaks the truth. Curb is pretty, pretty, prettayyyyy, pretty good.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-05-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seinfeld has the best "rewatchability" of any show ever. I have seen every episode 20+ times
Old 11-05-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arrested Development (or to a lesser degree, Friends) win over Seinfeld.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-05-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Friends? No. I'll give you AD, but not Friends, and I liked Friends.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

AD only really had two great seasons(the third season was pretty meh), and that is too short for it to be ranked over Seinfeld.

And Friends? Are you ******* serious?
Old 11-05-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Friends > Seinfeld. You got a problem with that?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-05-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this thread has fallen off a cliff.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
this thread has fallen off a cliff.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-05-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have several sitcoms that I'd rate over Seinfeld. That said, excluding seasons 1 and 10, Seinfeld did have some of the funnier moments on television during its heydey. But for me, IASIP, Scrubs and AD are most definitely funnier shows overall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Comedies I'd rate over Seinfeld:

Arrested Development
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Simpsons
Futurama
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Scrubs
Undeclared
The Office (both)
30 Rock
Community
Parks and Recreation
Better Off Ted
Louie
The League
Friends

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-05-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe it's just me but I find the UK office horrendous.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Maybe it's just me but I find the UK office horrendous.
No I agree and Brodeur, that list is just absurd.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
No I agree and Brodeur, that list is just absurd.
Seinfeld is just absurdly overrated.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-05-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Oh, are we taking animated shows into account as well?

In that case, Simpsons > all. That show IS my childhood, and during it's prime 10-12 years it was unstoppable.

But I would agree, Seinfeld has strong rewatchability and is a fantastic cable-syndicated show. The greatest thing to even happen to Seinfeld was reruns getting put on TBS (outside of it's originally airing, of course). That **** was on every night for like 2 hours, and still is on all the time.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver