Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-05-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's true that Auburn's defense is better than Michigan....though 11 random posters here could probably field something better than what Michigan has. Hell put me at MLB. I can at least dive towards the guy running with the ball and maybe get a hand on him.....that practically qualifies me for a scholarship by Michigan defensive standards.....

But Auburn's defense sucks too. It's piss poor for an SEC defense.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a gut felling Cam is not innocent. If he is my bad, but you're guilty until proven innocent. I'm just not surprised at all about this whole situation. Your 1 of THE top players coming out of JUCO with your elite size and talent, of course you're going to get $ thrown at you to join a program. I guess he will have to continue to show out to get that 1st rd status so his pockets will make up for what he is alleged to have took. LIKE COACH SAID ALL THAT MATTERS IS CAM NEWTON IS INDEED ELIGIBLE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
This has to be a +200 in swagger.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is why LOIs are bad for sports. If you create something of value, people WILL pay for it.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
This has to be a +200 in swagger.
LOL! Blast from the past :)

I'm flattered that anyone remembered.

I like your implied formula: 1 Swagger point per $1000 in pay.

Heisman finalist = +50 swagger
Heisman winner = + 50 swagger (on top of finalist)
QB for BCS championship team = +100 swagger
Destroying BCS championship chances by getting caught with a major infraction = +250 swagger

The guy might explode from all of that if any of it comes true.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
LOL! Blast from the past :)

I'm flattered that anyone remembered.

I like your implied formula: 1 Swagger point per $1000 in pay.

Heisman finalist = +50 swagger
Heisman winner = + 50 swagger (on top of finalist)
QB for BCS championship team = +100 swagger
Destroying BCS championship chances by getting caught with a major infraction = +250 swagger

The guy might explode from all of that if any of it comes true.
Hey I gave him 20 extra bonus pts just for being from Zone 3 in ATL lol

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 11-05-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Hey I gave him 20 extra bonus pts just for being from Zone 3 in ATL lol
I was wondering where that came from! I certainly have no idea what ATL zone 3 is :)
Old 11-05-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I was wondering where that came from! I certainly have no idea what ATL zone 3 is :)
College Park is in the Atlanta GA area and its also called Zone 3 lol

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 11-05-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1018821.html

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
That guy is an atrocious writer, even if you discount that abortion of an article I just read. His opinion shouldn't be given any credibility.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you can kinda keep up to date with things with this..

http://twitter.com/JHokanson

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
That guy is an atrocious writer, even if you discount that abortion of an article I just read. His opinion shouldn't be given any credibility.
he is horrible, yesterday he wrote an article a complete 360 from this and signed off as SMU. and now he brings this.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
he is horrible, yesterday he wrote an article a complete 360 from this and signed off as SMU. and now he brings this.
A complete 360 would mean he wrote a similar article...
Old 11-05-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, why do I want to keep up to date with "information" from an Auburn writer? Wouldn't that be kind of pointless? Don't I want to keep up to date from an unbiased source?
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
If Kellen Moore wins the Heisman I will shoot myself.
What do you have against his greatness at Boise State .Hes done a great deal there as a small type QB player and well deserve the Heisman as much as Newton does if not MORE . If Boise State gets in the National Title game and WINS he should get the trophy .Honestly Newton has a great deal in Auburn but isn't quiet the QB just yet .He is a runner still . I would give him the trophy is he was a RB for the team but as a hybrid QB not quiet yet .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
What do you have against his greatness at Boise State .Hes done a great deal there as a small type QB player and well deserve the Heisman as much as Newton does if not MORE . If Boise State gets in the National Title game and WINS he should get the trophy .Honestly Newton has a great deal in Auburn but isn't quiet the QB just yet .He is a runner still . I would give him the trophy is he was a RB for the team but as a hybrid QB not quiet yet .
Kellen Moore is not the most outstanding player in the country.

If he was, he wouldn't have the same stats as Ricky Stanzi against weaker competition.

The Heisman is not the MVP.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:37 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
A complete 360 would mean he wrote a similar article...
true, 180.. you catch my drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Also, why do I want to keep up to date with "information" from an Auburn writer? Wouldn't that be kind of pointless? Don't I want to keep up to date from an unbiased source?
youre absolutely right, its not like hes re tweeting the AP press or espn writers. or even re-capping live interviews with kenny rogers and etc.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:32 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NCAA is going after his father's bank statements.

Is that serious enough? Maybe they think some $ changed hands?

But you're right about it not affecting his draft chances, I don't think the pros give a rat's.....However there will be questions asked at the Combine by all teams interested, he better be well coached on his answers.

Better than what he told Jim Rome in his radio interview that Rome replayed yesterday:

"My next move will be a business decision..." (alarm bell rings) wrong answer Cam, that one could come back to haunt you.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
"My next move will be a business decision..." (alarm bell rings) wrong answer Cam, that one could come back to haunt you.
Wow. More fuel to the fire.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reportedly, Newton cheated at Florida academically.

True or not, this has no bearing on his eligibility at Auburn, but there's a lot of smoke around this kid
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a huge Auburn fan, i hate to read this because all it does is rain on the parade of doing great. Its just so bad to be number 2 and feel like your QB wont win the Heisman or you wont go to the national championship, like its not enough. I agree with "Wonderbredd" he is a ton of smoke around him. But that was at Florida so i mean it shouldn't have an effect on his Heisman chances. But it does anyway. Honestly but sadly its to the point where your guilty till proven innocent and when its all said and done when he does win the Heisman and we win the National Championship its gonna be a huge asterisk by it. Quite frankly i am pissed the f**k off that this is happening. Unbiasedly or not I'm starting to believe it is a character attack. Granted i have no proof and my opinion my be bias but i mean i bet he did cheat at Florida. at Florida he sounded like a dumb ass. But i don't think he was paid to go to Auburn from the bottom of my heart and gut feeling. I really hope i am right and this is all over hyped media bull s**t.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'm one of the few but I don't listen to any of this crap and could care less about any of these accusations unless he is deemed ineligible from school. Unless that happens I remain a big fan of Newton and still pray for an Oregon vs Auburn title game, that would be so epic, like 55-50 or something.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN is saying that Cam Newton and his dad admitted in phone conversations that it would take money to get Cam. If true, Auburn is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
The Heisman is not the MVP.
Even if it were, Kellen Moore wouldn't be winning it.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hear these allegations of cheating in academics?

I have no doubt he has. Most kids do, myself included. No shame in it.