Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.17%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 125 32.13%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.54%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.88%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 32 8.23%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 78 20.05%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Meh, sounds like your a rival fan trying to bring him down. He's down everything asked of him this season. He's better than Hasselbeck, but he also isn't Peyton Manning. I would argue he does have All-Pro potential, because although he does not have the "elite" arm strength of some of these other guys, I think he understands the game better and is clutch as hell in the 4th quarter.
and your post just seemed like a Falcons fan being a homer.

Not really. That has been a pretty standard criticism of Ryan since his second year, and I have heard tons of Falcons fans say it themselves. But if you are picking one guy how are you picking the guy who has way less potential, also there are a few clutch qbs on this list. Until I see him progress like a franchise QB should I fail to see how you take him number one overall.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:33 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I voted Stafford but it's so tough to guage because he hasn't played that much this season so I don't know if he has taken the next step, or if he's regressed really. Still I love his potential the most, I'm always looking for flashes in a young player and the way he tore his shoulder up in the Cleveland game and came back to throw that TD showed me he wasn't just another JAG at QB.

I have Freeman 2nd on the list, and he could easily be my #1, but it was a toss up between him and Stafford. Matt Ryan looks like his level is Matt Hassalback, Sanchez doesn't have the ceiling of Stafford and Freeman, Flacco is still erratic but he'd be 3rd on my list, and Bradford it's just way too early to tell.

I need to finish the season to seperate Stafford and Freeman, and I need to see Bradford's 2nd season to actually rank him properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:43 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick question: Would Stafford have all those votes if he didn't have 4 TDs last week in his first game back?

Mike Will & V-Jax

Last edited by V.I.P : 11-06-2010 at 02:01 AM.
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan has crazy potential. Certainly freeman is a little bit bigger and athletic and that offers him slightly more potential, but it's not like Matt Ryan is short or skinny. He's 6'4, 220 lbs officially -- Tom Brady is 6'4, 225 lbs officially. Matt Ryan still has potential to be an elite player guys.

Matt Ryan already is a better QB than Hasselbeck. He has a stronger arm, seems more accurate and is making better decisions with the ball. His first 2 seasons were better than Hasselbeck's (as a Seahawk - I'm not counting the 2 seasons he sat on the bench for GB) and this season is shaping up to be better than Hasselbeck's third.

Ryan is smart with the ball. He may never play risky enough to put up 40 touchdowns, but he also isn't going to give you a ton of interceptions. And lets not forget he has some pretty crazy 4th quarter games (which is 1 of the few reasons people are in love with Freeman right now, amongst other things).
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:33 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Freeman - 135/224 (60.3%) for 1533 yards and 8 TDs/3 Ints; 25 carries for 176 yards and 12 1st Downs this year

Note: 5-2. Has rookies starting at Flanker, Split End and RB, LG. 1st year starter @ RT. Potential HOF at TE. Line has given up 16 sacks thus far. (I know sacks don't
paint the whole picture of how well the line is, just using it as a point of reference and for comparison's sake.)

2. Ryan - 156/252 (61.9%)for 1714 yards and 12 TDs/5 Ints; 25 carries for 64 yards and 5 1st Downs this year

Note: 5-2. Throwing to arguably the top WR in the NFL at this point. Has a HOF TE, and a strong running game. Line has given up 13 sacks thus far.

3. Flacco - 140/236 (59.3%) for 1651 yards and 10 TDs/6 Ints; 22 carries for 32 yards and 5 1st Downs (1 TD)this year

Note: 5-2. Has future HOF at both WR and TE, great running game and great line. 10 sacks thus far.

4. Stafford - 37/60 (61.7%) for 295 yards and 4TDs/1 Int; 0 carries for 0 yards and 0 1st Downs this year

Note: 1-1 in his starts this season. Playing with the one of NFL's top 2-3 WR. 1st RD TE. Line has given up 12 sacks so far.

5. Bradford - 171/292 (58.6%) for 1674 yards and 11 TDs/8 Ints; 16 carries for 22 yards and 1 1st Down this year

Note: 4-4. Playing with no one at WR or TE. Future HOF at RB. Potentially great young studs at both OTs. 17 Sacks given up so far.

6. Sanchez- 114/215 (53%) for 1356 yards and 9 TDs/4 Ints: 11 carries for 27 yards and 2 1st Downs this year.

Note: 5-2. Playing with HOF at RB, 2 former 1st rd WRs, young stud at TE. Probably the best O-line of the 6. 11 sacks all year.

I got to give it to my boy Freeman. He is doing the most with the hand dealt to him. I think Ryan was drafted into a great situation, same as Flacco and Sanchez. I think the fact that the Bucs would have nothing close to the record they have now with out Free speaks volumes about how good he is. Can't give enough props to Bradford, because I didn't think he would be this good at all, let alone this early.

Would Ryan and Flacco be able to win with this Bucs squad?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 11-06-2010 at 03:48 AM.
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:39 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Lee is in his 3rd year and I wish K2 was a potential HOF TE!!!!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:47 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My bad. I will fix that. Meant to say 1st year starter at RT.

K2 will get there, bro. Trust me.

But do you agree with my rationale and post all together? (Bias aside?)

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:21 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:02 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
My bad. I will fix that. Meant to say 1st year starter at RT.

K2 will get there, bro. Trust me.

But do you agree with my rationale and post all together? (Bias aside?)
Other than bumping Stafford up a few spots it's the same list I had. Freeman love :D

Old 11-06-2010, 07:08 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, very dominant performance here for Stafford, and a pathetic result from Sanchez.
Interesting right there in that they (Sanchez vs Stafford) face off against each other tomorrow in the Ford Field Dome in Detroit.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:21 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
and your post just seemed like a Falcons fan being a homer.

Not really. That has been a pretty standard criticism of Ryan since his second year, and I have heard tons of Falcons fans say it themselves. But if you are picking one guy how are you picking the guy who has way less potential, also there are a few clutch qbs on this list. Until I see him progress like a franchise QB should I fail to see how you take him number one overall.

I guess everyone just can't be Josh Freeman with his dominant quarterback play.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Bradford fan. Bradford was my highest rated qb since Eli Manning. I liked him that much.

Based on my ratings coming out of the draft I had them:

1. Bradford
2. Flacco
3. Sanchez
4. Stafford
5. Ryan
6. Freeman

Some of you may remember that I hated Ryan coming out, and did not like Freeman either. So far I've been wrong on those 2 guys.

But I'm sticking with my guns on Bradford. He's going to be a stud, and I had no doubt in my mind he would become one as long as he was healthy.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:43 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure how Henne would miss the cut, but you'd have Sanchez on here. Sanchez has a better team (although their overall records as starters are almost identical despite Sanchez playing for the better team), but Henne has the better numbers. Overall I'll take Stafford for the long term. For comparison.

Chad Henne
Season: 4-3, 154/243 (63.4%), 1,669 yards, 8 TD's/7 INT's
Overall: 11-9, 435/706 (61.6%), 4,614 yards, 20 TD's/21 INT's

Mark Sanchez
Season: 5-2, 114/215 (53.0%), 1,356 yards, 9 TD's/4 INT's
Overall: 13-9, 310/579 (53.5%), 3,800 yards, 21 TD's/24 INT's

And the rest:

Joe Flacco
Season: 5-2, 140/236 (59.3%), 1,651 yards, 10 TD's/6 INT's
Overall: 25-14, 712/1163 (61.2%), 8,235 yards, 45 TD's/30 INT's

Matt Ryan
Season: 5-2, 156/252 (61.9%), 1,714 yards, 12 TD's/5 INT's
Overall: 25-12, 684/1137 (60.2%), 8,070 yards, 50 TD's/30 INT's

Matthew Stafford
Season: 1-1, 37/60 (61.7%), 295 yards, 4 TD's/1 INT
Overall: 3-9, 238/437 (54.5%), 2,562 yards, 17 TD's/21 INT's

Josh Freeman
Season: 5-2, 135/224 (60.3%), 1,533 yards, 8 TD's/3 INT's
Overall: 8-8, 293/514 (57.0%), 3,388 yards, 18 TD's/21 INT's

Sam Bradford
Season:4-4, 171/292 (58.6%), 1,674 yards, 11 TD's/8 INT's

I'm positive that record for Bradford is wrong, but I couldn't remember what games he actually started this year. If someone can correct me, much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:00 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I'm not sure how Henne would miss the cut, but you'd have Sanchez on here. Sanchez has a better team....
That's it right there.
I'm no fan of Sanchez as you can tell by that Sanchez thread I started in August. But he helped guide his team to the AFC Title game last year as a rookie with a nice playoff performance.

I doubt your records above factored those playoff wins into the record you posted, but I did.

Anyway, I wanted to leave it at 6, and the 2 playoff wins as a rookie were more than enough IMO to move Sanchez above Henne. Plus Sanchez has more charisma.

Write-in votes are allowed though.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Bradford because I want to see Stafford not get hurt.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
elway=goat
Rookie

elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I took Stafford, now I sorta think he is overrated by some, because we havent seen a whole lot from him. He still hasnt proven he can stay healthy or be consistant.

However, the flashes he has showin especially in the Browns game, makes me think I dont want to bet against him.

for me..

Stafford
Ryan(safest pick)
Flacco
Freeman
Bradford(capt checkdown)
Sanchez(sucks, gets protected by the best running game in football)
elway=goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you really say that K2 was a potential HOFer and that Todd Heap was a future HOFer?

I stopped reading then.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Did you really say that K2 was a potential HOFer and that Todd Heap was a future HOFer?

I stopped reading then.
I'm so sorry vidae.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda interesting the guy with the 25-12 record (Ryan) isn't known for being able to "JUST WINZ GAMEZ!!!!!one!" like Freeman has in his half of a good year.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Kinda interesting the guy with the 25-12 record (Ryan) isn't known for being able to "JUST WINZ GAMEZ!!!!!one!" like Freeman has in his half of a good year.
This. Bucs fans are overreacting huge to this Freeman business. He helped them beat some ****** teams but they got absolutely stomped by the real contenders. The kid has shown some flashes, but for my money I think Stafford has shown much more ability when he's been healthy. As far as just winning games, Flacco and Ryan and even Bradford to an extent have done the exact same stuff Freeman is doing now. I wasn't a big Freeman fan coming out and I certainly wasn't a Flacco fan either. As prospects, I would have rated them

1. Bradford
2. Stafford
3. Ryan
4. Flacco
5. Freeman
6. Sanchez

After seeing them in the pros, and in their respective environments, I think success will end up something like

1. Flacco
2. Stafford
3. Ryan
4. Bradford
5. Sanchez
6. Freeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
After seeing them in the pros, and in their respective environments, I think success will end up something like

1. Flacco
2. Stafford
3. Ryan
4. Bradford
5. Sanchez
6. Freeman
Too bad Boller isn't an available choice, because then he would definately be at the top of that list.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, it is a toss up. Freeman has the potential to be better than all of them (his ceiling is that high!) But honestly, you can't go wrong with any one of them (except Sanchez.)

How I rate them now:
1. Matt Ryan : NFL Comparison: Tom Brady
2. Joe Flacco : Comparison: Dan Marino
t3. Josh Freeman : Comparison: mix between Ben Roethlisbuerger/Steve McNair
t3. Sam Bradford Comparison: Troy Aikman
5. Matthew Stafford Comparison: Brett Farve
6. Mark Sanchez Comparison: More Mobile and accurate Chad Pennington
7. Chad Henne Comparison: ???

This is bound to change guranteed but I think Freeman, Stafford, and Bradford all have the physical tools, smarts, and makings to be elite Franchise QBs. Flacco and Ryan are a step ahead right now (2 yrs ahead of Bradford) and also have elite caliber talent.

Sanchez, honestly, in my opinion, is benefiting from all that talent around him. He's got a top 5 defense, top 5 running game, and a top 3 offensive line. He doesn't have an elite arm and he hasn't shown flashes of brilliance yet. I think he is going to be an above average starting QB that becomes a game manager on an overall star supporting cast.

Chad Henne is somewhat in the same boat, but has more upside than Sanchez. He just looks like a starting NFL QB, but he's a bit behind the other 6 right now. He needs to stop staring down his WRs and he lacks consistency. He might be one of those QBs that needs another year to put it all together, but he's shown a lot of promise and can be the Dolphins QB for a long time.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Honestly, it is a toss up. Freeman has the potential to be better than all of them (his ceiling is that high!)
No he doesn't, and his ceiling is not that high either. First off he's not a better prospect then Stafford and his ceiling isn't as high as his. Secondly you could say Flacco has just about the same potential as Freeman. I like him as much as anyone else but let's not act like he's on his way to the HOF Bucs fans, he doesn't have some sort of potential nobody else has pump the brakes a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Honestly, it is a toss up. Freeman has the potential to be better than all of them (his ceiling is that high!) But honestly, you can't go wrong with any one of them (except Sanchez.)

How I rate them now:
1. Matt Ryan : NFL Comparison: Tom Brady
2. Joe Flacco : Comparison: Dan Marino
t3. Josh Freeman : Comparison: mix between Ben Roethlisbuerger/Steve McNair
t3. Sam Bradford Comparison: Troy Aikman
5. Matthew Stafford Comparison: Brett Farve
6. Mark Sanchez Comparison: More Mobile and accurate Chad Pennington
7. Chad Henne Comparison: ???

This is bound to change guranteed but I think Freeman, Stafford, and Bradford all have the physical tools, smarts, and makings to be elite Franchise QBs. Flacco and Ryan are a step ahead right now (2 yrs ahead of Bradford) and also have elite caliber talent.

Sanchez, honestly, in my opinion, is benefiting from all that talent around him. He's got a top 5 defense, top 5 running game, and a top 3 offensive line. He doesn't have an elite arm and he hasn't shown flashes of brilliance yet. I think he is going to be an above average starting QB that becomes a game manager on an overall star supporting cast.

Chad Henne is somewhat in the same boat, but has more upside than Sanchez. He just looks like a starting NFL QB, but he's a bit behind the other 6 right now. He needs to stop staring down his WRs and he lacks consistency. He might be one of those QBs that needs another year to put it all together, but he's shown a lot of promise and can be the Dolphins QB for a long time.
No homer here right?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
No homer here right?
Buddy, if you watched any games this year, you can just see what Josh Freeman is doing with 2 rookie wr's, I don't even know if you can call average offensive line outside of Donald Penn, a defense that ranks 25th in the league, and 32 against the run, and a rookie RB. He puts that team on his back every game. You should also know what he did to the Bengals in the 4th Qtr. You have to be nuts to say he doesn't have all the tools and talent to succeed.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote