Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-24-2006, 04:40 PM    (permalink

I'm sober from the Game 7 homerism I was feeling.

My analysis
The MAvs have everything going on for them right now. Dirk elevating his play to the point where he is setting himself up to be a legend. Terry scoring out of his goddamn mind, J-Ho coming off some good games, and the same thing for Stack. But the best thing they have right now is confidennce. The Win over the Spurs gave them the confidence that they can and will beat anyone if they can defeat the the Champs. I liked the Mental toughness they showed especially in Games 3.4 and 7, when they showed they could grind it out in the final two minutes, and showed that even if they are down, they have clutch guys
The Suns offense is obviously going to be feeling it, coming off a shootaround in Game 7 vs. The Clippers.Nash isn't scoring like he can at his best, but he is dishing out very well, and Shawn Marion has done a good job of picking up the scoring bulk and showing people that Amare wasn't the only dominat forward on that team. I like how they have utilized LEonardo Barbosas and Boris Diaw, mainly because of the way nash is dishing the ball, leading to wide open shots on the perimeter. The Suns are not very good defensively, But Raja Bell is. this is a lockdown perimeter defender, who will likely be asked to defend J-Ho or maybe suprisingly, Jason ETrry. I also liek how Tim Thomas has been used throughout this playoff run, as an outside shooter, who can at times come inside and do what it do.
The X factor in the series is going to be the bench, and that is the reason why the Mavs have a clear edge and are the favorites. The Suns have noone beside Thomas and MArion, who can play beyond the 3 position. HTe Mavs are a top 3 team in depth, and it will be impossible for the Suns to match That.Both teams are pretty even in terms of FT making ability,so I Don't look for officiating to be a constant factor in this game, especially given that these teams can run it up no matter what(See Dalla, Game 7, First half,Shot only 9 FTs).Dallas has a rebounding edge, so if they can use that to their advantage especially with Diop and Dampier, they could set up a great Deal of oppurtunities for themselves on secodn chance points, and could also outrun the Suns because of this rebounding ability.In The End Dallas's Nowitzki and Terry will be too much, and their depth will also be to much for Pheonix to handle

My Prediction:Mavs in 6
Old 05-24-2006, 04:57 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i agree, mavs in 6
Old 05-24-2006, 05:04 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tons of scoring, should be a very entertaining series. I guess I go for the Mavs.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pa-hoenix
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:05 PM    (permalink

phx...
Old 05-24-2006, 05:16 PM    (permalink

come on now

that analysis told you everything
Old 05-24-2006, 05:22 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mavs in 6.

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:23 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrenMan007
Mavs in 6.
copier :D
Old 05-24-2006, 05:36 PM    (permalink

bumpers
Old 05-24-2006, 06:19 PM    (permalink

bumpers
Old 05-25-2006, 11:06 PM    (permalink

Anyone else see Josh Howard get clubbed in the junk?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLV3a...page=1&t=t&f=b
Old 05-25-2006, 11:39 PM    (permalink
bgeorges
Rookie

bgeorges hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the Mavs take it in 6
Old 05-25-2006, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Suns in 4 !
Old 05-25-2006, 11:45 PM    (permalink

DOES NO ONE ELSE FIND HILARITY IN JOSH HOWARD GETTING SOCKED IN THE WANG?
Old 05-25-2006, 11:48 PM    (permalink
bgeorges
Rookie

bgeorges hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yeah Dan(i hope i am right in thinking that's who you are), its fairly comical
Old 05-25-2006, 11:50 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeorges
Uh, no. Sorry?
Old 05-25-2006, 11:52 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarOnTheShore
Quote:
Uh, no. Sorry?
Kevin?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 11:52 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarOnTheShore
Quote:
Uh, no. Sorry?
Kevin?
Troy?
Old 05-26-2006, 01:05 AM    (permalink

Suns in 5
Old 05-26-2006, 01:44 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamillitary
Suns in 5
Jason?
Old 05-26-2006, 01:49 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Suns in 5
Jason?
uhh...what?
Old 05-26-2006, 01:50 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Suns in 5
Jason?
uhh...what?
Simon?
Old 05-26-2006, 08:04 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

I really want the Suns to win, but i just can't see it. However, I don't think that the Mavs are going to win 4 of the next 5, so I think it goes 7, with the Mavs winning.