Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 11-07-2010, 11:38 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still thinking about the way Gradkowski led us to victory against Pittsburgh last year.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I'd love to believe that, but I'm waiting to see what happens when we face the Chargers without being handed points. That team scares the crap out of me.
No kidding. They expose the back end of our defense like no other. But McFadden will go off for 150+ rushing, so I'll call the matchup even for now. :)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
I'm still thinking about the way Gradkowski led us to victory against Pittsburgh last year.
What about my boy Murph? He had his own Jacoby-like performance in that game.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
I actually, I knew Campbell was the better QB years ago. Who didn't know that?

So in your mind, McFadden's career year is a result of "taking up the slack?" Nice. I don't know if you know this or not, but there are 11 men on offense and they are all expected to do their jobs. Maybe not you, but I am estatic to see that the other 10 on offense are doing their jobs.
McFaddens year is the result of the team giving him the ball and him being healthy. He's been awesome this year and if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have these past 3 wins. I don't need to be told there are 11 men on offense, and I like every Raider fan am glad most of them are playing well. I really don't know where you're going with that as I never said anything otherwise. I guess you're still not grasping the fact that Campbell is not one of the guys playing well.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im only afraid of the Chargers passing attack. Their running game has been nothing this year and the defense isnt as good as it used too. If we can get pressure like we have been getting the last 3 games we should give Rivers hell

Cant forget about Chaz, if he can get back to his 100% form, we could be really scary on offence.

One thing that made me mad was DHB didnt do **** today. He had a great week last week but had no catches and a drop today. Hopefully he can bounce back

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
First off, I never said that Campbell was solely responsible for the win, so you can take back the words you just put in my mouth. Secondly, it's you that is saying that Campbell had little to nothing to do with the wins, and there hasn't been a more idiotic statement made in the history of mankind. You obviously didn't see clutch throw after clutch throw in the fourth quarter of tonight's game......oh wait, you did and you bitched about the first three quarters.

I give credit to Campbell for his play on the field. You give credit to Gradkowski for "moving the ball." Oh yeah, he does that all by his lonesome but Campbell does it some other way. That makes perfect sense to a lunatic.
In your previous pot you did basically admit that Campbell can't take over a game, that he just dumps it off, and can only take opportunities when the D serves it up on a platter. I know I've been saying Campbell has little to do with the wins and the statements you made previously strengthened my point. Lol @ "clutch" throws. You mean the ones against KC's prevent defense?

Nobody said Bruce does anything all by his lonesome. He throws the ball downfield much more consistently and, unlike Campbell, he doesn't need a WR to have 3+ yards of separation to complete a pass.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
If that's the case, that he actually fits what Jackson wants to do much better, than I'm sure Campbell will get the start against Pitt. What I do know is that Cable has been pretty clear that it's Bruce's job when he comes back, so I'm not really sure the coaching staff is as convinced as you seem to be.
Well, we will have to see how that plays out. Jason was the starter and was pulled after 6 quarters, and it was the right move. It's not the same team now and Jason appears to me to be the better choice. They will have the bye week to make their decision.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
No kidding. They expose the back end of our defense like no other. But McFadden will go off for 150+ rushing, so I'll call the matchup even for now. :)
To me, that gives us the advantage if this coaching staff is worth spit. There is no way we should have all those defensive breakdowns. The S have to play honest and the CB have to understand that the Chargers feature downfield WRs and they need to get their head turned much earlier.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
In your previous pot you did basically admit that Campbell can't take over a game, that he just dumps it off, and can only take opportunities when the D serves it up on a platter. I know I've been saying Campbell has little to do with the wins and the statements you made previously strengthened my point. Lol @ "clutch" throws. You mean the ones against KC's prevent defense?

Nobody said Bruce does anything all by his lonesome. He throws the ball downfield much more consistently and, unlike Campbell, he doesn't need a WR to have 3+ yards of separation to complete a pass.
Sorry, you must be confused. I didn't say he just dumps off balls, you did. The 69 yarder to DHB was anything but a dump off. The last TD pass to Miller was not a dump off. The 74 yarder to Murphy was not a dump off. None of the passes to Ford yesterday were dump offs. And the Chefs D didn't serve anything on a platter. There were defenders in place on all of those plays whether you want to admit it or not. Your bias becomes you.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
McFaddens year is the result of the team giving him the ball and him being healthy. He's been awesome this year and if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have these past 3 wins. I don't need to be told there are 11 men on offense, and I like every Raider fan am glad most of them are playing well. I really don't know where you're going with that as I never said anything otherwise. I guess you're still not grasping the fact that Campbell is not one of the guys playing well.
You are criticizing Campbell for taking what the defense is giving which is known as smart football. You have a problem with that which tells me you have a problem with the fact that our team is winning with Campbell at the helm. I don't know what sort of bias you have against him, but it's disturbing. We are coming off a much needed 3 game win streak, the first since 2002 and you are questioning how we are doing it rather than enjoying the victory. Unbelievable.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Except for the fact that there wasn't 3 yards of separation on most of the throws he made in the clutch yesterday. He fired a ball into triple coverage on 1st and 20 to set up the game tying FG. Live with it.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What about my boy Murph? He had his own Jacoby-like performance in that game.
Murphy is so inconsistent. He has the tools, but he isn't a reliable ball catcher or route runner.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Campbell is horrible. Even the long TD to DHB last week was horribly underthrown =/

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Default For everyone down on Campbell...

I think you at least need to consider what he accomplished yesterday. First of all, he had to drive the team at the end of regulation AND in an overtime and got the job down. But let's not forget HOW he got it done. The receivers were DHB and Jacoby Ford- not exacty the due of choice. Miller and Murphy, the teams leading receivers, were no available. Also, there were no time outs. Finally, we were put in a bad position because of Veldeer's legit holding call at 1st and 20. Did I mention no time outs? The bottom line is that JC did what people said he couldn't do, and that's get the job done in a 2 minute situation.

Would I like for him to play with more emotion? Yeah. Would he be better served to throw the ball away instead of taking sideline sacks and break his tendancy to throw high? Yes and yes, but here's the thing. Just like Campbell isn't a franchise QB, Grad isn't either. Grad has a losing record as a starter. He's not on the field because of his decisions to scramble and take hits on his frail body rather than slide. What reason do we have to think that this will not happen again? This musical chairs at QB cannot remain an ongoing thing.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its wierd how on here we are all mostly calling for Gradkowski, while on a official Raiders forum website they think Campbell should continue to start. I support both guys but have more trust in Gradkowski still.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hue Jackson is doing a great job with the offense. New QB, Rookie LT, No WRs and we are still getting it done.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
Hue Jackson is doing a great job with the offense. New QB, Rookie LT, No WRs and we are still getting it done.
Word. The guy is a mad scientist. I also give him credit for teaching all these plays effectively because the offense seems to know each and every play. We have scored in a multitude of ways with the lack of a legit redzone threat. Jackson has been incredible. I'm not saying he's the long term answer and I'm not saying he will be effective this year. But if Chaz Schillens is able to come back healthy before the year is over, all of a sudden we become that more legit.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get why everyone is so down on Campbell and calling for Bruce like he is so good he played like *** before he got hurt in the Chargers game Didn't play that well in the Houston game and im putting that nicely should of had at least 4 ints against the Cardinals if there DB's actually new how to catch.

I'm not against him starting but don't act like he would be doing so much better then Campbell right now.
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

This QB controversy has literally split our team forum into two. I've never seen anything like this before here. We're usually relatively uniform when it pertains to these kinds of issues.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by _YL_ View Post
I don't get why everyone is so down on Campbell and calling for Bruce like he is so good he played like *** before he got hurt in the Chargers game Didn't play that well in the Houston game and im putting that nicely should of had at least 4 ints against the Cardinals if there DB's actually new how to catch.

I'm not against him starting but don't act like he would be doing so much better then Campbell right now.
Wow, thanks for opening the window and allowing some fresh air to rush in!! I can understand someone have a preferrence, but this romanticization of Grad is completely out of control. Objectively, neither one is THAT much better than the other. For me it comes down to what roles they play. IMO, Campbell is BETTER as a starter and Grad is BETTER as a back up. If Grad starts then goes out again with injury, the we are out a starter AND a back up!
Old 11-08-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This QB controversy has literally split our team forum into two. I've never seen anything like this before here. We're usually relatively uniform when it pertains to these kinds of issues.
Everyone has their own opinion. What's the problem if everyone doesn't agree?
Old 11-08-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not that worried about it. The coaching staff seems to be pretty realistic about getting the guy who's best suited in there now and if a guys struggling they have no problem changing hands mid-game. There's no political attachment to a certain player that we had with Russell.

The passing game will be hugely important against Pitt though, so I hope we put the best guy out there. I personally feel it should be Bruce, but like I said I trust Jackson and Cable to make the right call.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well dude, you can stop feeling sorry for the board. Cable ends the controversy in the manner in I thought he would. Campbell is the starter.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraider...-misdirection/
Old 11-09-2010, 10:13 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well dude, you can stop feeling sorry for the board. Cable ends the controversy in the manner in I thought he would. Campbell is the starter.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraider...-misdirection/
I was aware. I stand by everything I said. I'm happy for Jason because I can see that he's starting to feel comfortable with his role in our offense, and he's got an overall good ethic to him. Just realize that with him you will experience many peaks and valleys in his play. He's not going to win you games by himself, and so there's much less room for error from the rest of the offense. Starting Campbell was the ballsy decision. We'll see how long this lasts.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I was aware. I stand by everything I said. I'm happy for Jason because I can see that he's starting to feel comfortable with his role in our offense, and he's got an overall good ethic to him. Just realize that with him you will experience many peaks and valleys in his play. He's not going to win you games by himself, and so there's much less room for error from the rest of the offense. Starting Campbell was the ballsy decision. We'll see how long this lasts.
No QB wins games by themselves. He's 4-2 as a starter and over the last three games his TD to INT ratio is 5 to 1. There is little debate as far as I am concerned. It would be a ballsy decision to replace the guy who just help get you three wins in a row. Let's not act like Grad was burning it up this year. He looked horrible in his last couple outings and he doesn't read the blitz well pre snap. Again, the bottom line for me is that he is better than JC coming off the bench and JC is a better starter provided the line is decent.