Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which of these teams is most likely to miss the playoffs in the AFC?
Patriots 4 5.13%
Jets 8 10.26%
Steelers 2 2.56%
Ravens 10 12.82%
Colts 7 8.97%
Titans 47 60.26%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Lovie Smith challenges that.
I left him out just because....well idk. Better record than the Vikes or Cowboys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Don't you mean calls a time out, the replays show its a completely wrong call but he forgets to challenge it, then gets a delay of game penalty for squinting at the replay and scratching his chin?
Cutler has been sacked 7 times and has thrown 3 picks, but somehow the team is still in the game thanks to the defense playing like crazy and a Hester return or twelve. 4th and inches...need it to stay in the game.....Martz calls a 7 step drop with 5 WRs. The other team rushes only 3 yet all 3 defenders absolutely crush Cutler.

Switch to shot of Lovie staring at the scoreboard with the most confused look ever on his face wondering "How are we losing this? Is that score right? Maybe I should challenge it.....uh oh, the team is ready to snap the ball.....timeout!"

He thinks it over some more....sees that the replay is obviously in favor of the other team.....challenges, loses and is now down 2 timeouts in the span of about 10 seconds.

And the saddest part of all? This isn't even really that much of an exaggeration.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
I think injuries are just brutal on the Titans right now, who I had in the Superbowl :(
The only significant injury to a starter is to Britt. Everyone else will be healthy after this week's Bye, VY included. Even David Thornton, whose been on PUP, has been practicing. Tony Brown is really the only guy who's questionable, so outside of him and Britt, the injury situation is pretty good. Losing Derrick Morgan to an ACL sucked though, but Babin and Ball are some of the NFL sacks leaders.

Hopefully Moss will pick up where Britt left off. I'm hoping VY can develop the same type of downfield connection with him that he had with Sweed in college.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course it's Britt who's hurt. :(

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Of course it's Britt who's hurt. :(
I know, my FF guy just like Romo and Ryan Grant!

I think the Titans are the odd-team out as well. I love Fisher as a coach, but I just don't see them making it of those teams.

But what I saw of the Jets last week..... makes me have some doubts now.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I no its not popular.. but I voted the ravens.. after seeing the game vs the bills, even though they did comeback to win it.. even tho i think too. they had a letdown after losing to the pats

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they might as well call the AFC CG the Superbowl this year and the Superbowl the Pro Bowl and the Pro Bowl...well just don't play it because no one cares anyway

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:49 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked the Patriots. Why? Really, like most of my opinions, they have no backing, no facts to support it. My opinions are based on if I love them or I hate them. I hate the Patriots. That is all, the rest is detail.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I picked the Patriots. Why? Really, like most of my opinions, they have no backing, no facts to support it. My opinions are based on if I love them or I hate them. I hate the Patriots. That is all, the rest is detail.
Sounds good to me!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:03 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
they might as well call the AFC CG the Superbowl this year and the Superbowl the Pro Bowl and the Pro Bowl...well just don't play it because no one cares anyway
Yet the Saints beat the Steelers last week, the Patriots lost to the Cleveland Browns while the Jets barely escaped with a win against the Lions and the Eagles beat the Colts.

Something tells me the AFC isn't as amazing as people are making it out to be.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:10 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The AFC playoffs are going to be amazing.

Any combination of matchups would be awesome because all those teams are very good.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:40 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Current AFC standings, with Pitt/Cincy left to play:

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:05 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While logic tells me that Rivers can't do it without Gates, and any team with a moderately capable pass defense will find a way to win. V. Jackson will be back in 3 weeks. At some point over the past 4 years, we've all counted the Chargers out when they started slow. They've got round 2 of their division games & the Colts as games they desperately need.

As of now, it looks like there will be an 11 win team that's watching TV in January. Sad part is the winner of the NFC West might only have 8 wins.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
While logic tells me that Rivers can't do it without Gates, and any team with a moderately capable pass defense will find a way to win. V. Jackson will be back in 3 weeks. At some point over the past 4 years, we've all counted the Chargers out when they started slow. They've got round 2 of their division games & the Colts as games they desperately need.

As of now, it looks like there will be an 11 win team that's watching TV in January. Sad part is the winner of the NFC West might only have 8 wins.
Gates, Naanee, and Floyd are back after the bye, and VJ the week after. We do need the division games, but all you have to do is look at those standings...it's not about 'oh the Chargers could still make it a race'...it is a race, right now. 1.5 back with a head to head still to come against KC and Oakland.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really needed the game against the Raiders to keep a lead.. now the Raiders and Chargers have a very legitimate shot to make ground (not like they didn't before, but now it's closer)..

Boo!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Current AFC standings, with Pitt/Cincy left to play:

I still have no idea how the **** Jacksonville is 4-4 with a point differential of -61. The only team they're ahead of is Buffalo, who is at -83.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I still have no idea how the **** Jacksonville is 4-4 with a point differential of -61. The only team they're ahead of is Buffalo, who is at -83.
Not true! Look at Denver.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
The Lions are 2-6 and have a +15 point differential, so they win in terms of weird ass differential.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Not true! Look at Denver.
Nice catch! Denver is a terrible -69. Wow.

They kinda get screwed because of that weird Raiders game, but the Broncos are a terrible football team.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The Lions are 2-6 and have a +15 point differential, so they win in terms of weird ass differential.
That's what happens when you ****-kick the Rams then lose almost everything else.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sadly, I have to go with the Patriots.

The offense is weak w/out Moss. Koppen & Neal are over the hill and averaging one "Olé" moment each per game and will eventually get Brady killed.

The defense is soft in the middle and will continue to be torched by good QBs. And, as we saw this week, is not stout enough against the run so they can be torched by good run teams, too.

So far this team has pushed it's way to the top in the scoring department without any consistency from the offense. Now that Moss is gone the open routes underneath are no longer open, the run is easier to stop, and the scores are hard to come by. With the special teams TDs disappearing this team is being exposed for what it is: a great QB, a great coach, and a whole bunch of young guys trying to find their way.

The amount of miscommunications in yesterday's game was staggering. Whether it was WR / RB / TE not on the same page with the QB or missed assigments in the blocking schemes, it was just atrocious to watch. Very much indicative of the mistakes you see with young teams.

With Pitt, NYJ, IND, GB & MIA still on the schedule plus good pass O's in BUF & DET we could see some more ugly games. If those ugly games come against the AFC teams it'll only make it tougher to get into the playoffs.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What he means to say is we ****** up trading Moss away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote