Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

Old 10-20-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that last sentence you said is the key. It wouldn't surprise me if he's already started packing his office up...
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap...a win AND Gettis further emerges as the front runner for the #2 WR spot (assuming we believe Smitty holds up much longer as the #1).

Still see issues with the play calling, the talent on the d-line, and the hole that is RG (though Schwartz did do better today than Bernadeau). Be interesting to see how we do against the Rams next week and if the momentum continues.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the OLine is really a disaster. Garry Williams was 3rd string for a reason and Schwartz a back up for a reason. I still don't think Gross is earning his paychecks and Jeff King was trash today (his poor blocking lead to 2 turnovers from what I could tell)

but hey, we won! no 0-16!

Now put Jimmy Checkdown back in so we don't ruin our top 5 pick
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

Schwartz did better than Bernadeau has sad to say.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Moore was ok, that INT would have been death for us had we been playing a good team.

But I really only care about Mr. Gettis and even Lafell made some plays!

I'm not expecting that out of them every day but seriously, when was the last time you've seen someone other than Smith go 100+ and two TDs? I know he dropped one but he has enough understanding to run a double move as a rookie and that has me excited for him.

I hope DeAngelo is alright as well.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
scpanther22
Rookie

scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Matt Moore was ok, that INT would have been death for us had we been playing a good team.

But I really only care about Mr. Gettis and even Lafell made some plays!

I'm not expecting that out of them every day but seriously, when was the last time you've seen someone other than Smith go 100+ and two TDs? I know he dropped one but he has enough understanding to run a double move as a rookie and that has me excited for him.

I hope DeAngelo is alright as well.
Agree..the best part of the game was seeing some young talent at the WR spot.

I hope we get to see Devin thomas and Armanti edwards some time this season
scpanther22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the more I watch this team suck the more I have to think that Richardson's cheap ass will see that we need a REAL qb on the team next year and that hurney and his idiot Everette Brown/Armanti Edwards drafting ass has to get fired

right? right???
Old 10-31-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
the more I watch this team suck the more I have to think that Richardson's cheap ass will see that we need a REAL qb on the team next year and that hurney and his idiot Everette Brown/Armanti Edwards drafting ass has to get fired

right? right???
Why can't Clausen develop into an solid QB? I mean, he's only a rookie - give him at least another year to learn the system.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post

right? right???
Wrong. Wrong.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

If Clausen can be the guy, great

Dont give a **** who it is, because this organization has never had one.

Not sure what sitting on the bench learning John Fox's stupid ass offensive "scheme" does for him, though. If I were the owner, I would tell him right the F now who the next coach is, and have him get a playbook
Old 11-01-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

I think Jerry will want whomever he hires as the next head coach to give Clausen a year, that being said if Andrew Luck is there I'd have a hard time not throwing something through my tv if the team passed on him.

Right now I see the team taking AJ Green. Smitty won't last much longer as a #1 receiver and none of the rookies have shown anything that makes me think any of them project any better in the future than a #2.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might be a bit early in the Week but oh well might as well get some discussion started; Saints are going to travel to your place this week. A lot of our fans are going to predict this as a slam dunk win for us, but honestly I don't think so. Coming off an emotional win, on the road against a Divisional opponent it will most likely be a very tough game.

John Fox always seems to get his team to play very tough against Saints and I don't think that changes this week. I mean we did manage to lose to the Cardinals, and Browns this season...and even our first game between us came down to the final drive. What are the thoughts going into this week?

Last edited by Auron : 11-01-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:14 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

Jam our young receivers (they haven't shown the ability to get off them) and you should have no problem winning.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF View Post
Jam our young receivers (they haven't shown the ability to get off them) and you should have no problem winning.
Problem is we'll need healthy Corners to do that, and we just don't at this point. During the Pittsburgh game we were down to our 5th string Cornerback, and a Safety playing Cornerback.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:25 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

Well, that was a butt whooping.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

Moore, Connor, and T Davis placed on IR.

The hits just keep on coming...
Old 11-08-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Well, that was a butt whooping.
Yeah I didn't think it would be that bad, it seemed like all of your guys were dropping like flies and outside the Sharper hit on Stewart none of the hits seemed to be that vicious... also we suffered quite a bit of injuries as well. However not as serious.

In your minds does Fox already have 1 foot out the door?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

Fox has had one foot out the door since last off-season when the team reportedly told him they'd let him take the Buffalo job if he wanted it.

Last edited by JPF : 11-08-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fox has had one foot out the door since last off-season when the team reportedly told him they'd let him take the Buffalo job if he wanted it.
Or he will go to Dallas depending on if Garrett stays.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who do you think will get the start Sunday, Clausen or Pike?

I'd stick with Clausen at the start, but have him on a very short leash. See how he can do with a week's preparation. If he throws an interception early on, yank him (unless he's made some plays before the pick). If he's ineffective in the first half, move to Pike for the second half.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

And now Otah has been placed on the IR.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:08 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn! That sucks.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
Who do you think will get the start Sunday, Clausen or Pike?

I'd stick with Clausen at the start, but have him on a very short leash. See how he can do with a week's preparation. If he throws an interception early on, yank him (unless he's made some plays before the pick). If he's ineffective in the first half, move to Pike for the second half.
Clausen should be the guy for the next few games. Pike should not be an option for a real NFL team at this point. Unfortuantely, the Panthers are barely an NFL team and Fox seems to like Clausen even less than he liked Moore (which was not much) so who knows.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

Apparently Clausen sustained a concussion yesterday and his status for next Sunday is questionable at best. The Tony Pike Era seems to have began.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Rookie

... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.... is so money.

Looks more like the Brian St. Pierre era now. Awesome.
... is offline   Reply With Quote