Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,613
Reputation: 2345985
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Good points guys. Guess I overthunk it.

Jerry may ask to see guys play though. Like he did when he wanted to see Felix more.

...in other news... How pathetic is our team? They forgot to renew the DC.com domain name. LMAO.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-283761
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sardinia - Italy
Posts: 1,878
Reputation: 27913
Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
I think the team just hated to lose and it wore on them without them even knowing. I was watching the NFL network and they interviewed Cowboys players and they looked really sad AND shocked that this happened. To me, that shows they liked him, and they almost seem blindsided by the firing.

When we fired Fasshole, everyone knew this was coming. I can remember huge "Fire Fassel!" chants erupting throughout the crowd, to the point where Wellington Mara said that the crowd had spoken, and we needed to change the product.

I think the players just hated to lose and fell into a rut. I don't think they hated or gave up on Wade so to speak. I always said you guys needed a Tom Coughlin type coach. We had a Wade Philips coach in Fasshole, and I hated him and that style of coaching.

I always liked the Parcells and Coughlin type of coaches. So I was glad we hired a guy like Coughlin, even though Giants fans and the media hated him.

For HCing you don't have to be a yeller. I like the strict style but I, myself, am more analytical type of person. I would fall under the Tony Dungy style of coaching in regards to yelling and cursing and such. I think I am a good communicator and motivator, however, I would hire yellers and fiery coaches to help communicate my message to the team too. I think a good manager surrounds himself with the proper talent.

JG needs to do that, but also, realize he is not in control of 1 side of the ball now. EVERYTHING falls under his control, including phases of the game he wouldn't have to worry about. That's the hardest thing now. Media and interviews which as a position coach or coordinator you don't have to do, now all have to get penciled in now.

As a HC he has to focus on the big picture and not worry about micromanaging everything. Let your coaches help you, and if that means giving up playcalling to your brother then so be it.
What about his brother? He's also an ivy-league alumn? Do you think he could be a good OC?
__________________


In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut, D1 ATHLETE
Posts: 1,343
Reputation: -3869
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Default

AOA is better than ball by default of his **** sucking, so by your theory MOTH, he should be starting. :)
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 40,786
Reputation: 789330
M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

lol. Pretty pathetic, D. Cant do anything right.

Just to clarify my stance on things...I know some guys are jumping on the Garrett train a bit now. But a key reason why I'm not really in his corner, is because I dont think he even deserves this opportunity. Garrett's a good guy, an intelligent guy...but he's been handed a helluva lot. Garrett has been a huge part of the problem...and the last few years, a larger problem than Wade, who was coaching an elite defensive unit. It just doesnt seem right.

Also, the fact that Wade is the only fall guy right now. It really sucks to see that. Sure, you dont want to blow up your staff completely...but Wade was the only one sent walking. Doesnt resonate with me too well.

This is how the league tends to work, however. But yeah. I dont expect any real changes in the next 8 weeks.
__________________

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,331
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
What about his brother? He's also an ivy-league alumn? Do you think he could be a good OC?
I think John would be a great coach. I actually coached with him at the event. He is a very good coach, understands the Xs and Os, and motivates people very well. I liked him, and thought he was a cool guy. Even the next day when I went over their house, he was nice to me when he saw me talking to his brother, Judd.

I think he can be a good OC from what I have seen. But I haven't been around him long enough to actually see him on a regular basis. He did create a lot of plays and the coaches had to learn it in an hour, which was like a crash course job.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 40,786
Reputation: 789330
M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I love John Garrett, myself. haha.
__________________

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,331
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
lol. Pretty pathetic, D. Cant do anything right.

Just to clarify my stance on things...I know some guys are jumping on the Garrett train a bit now. But a key reason why I'm not really in his corner, is because I dont think he even deserves this opportunity. Garrett's a good guy, an intelligent guy...but he's been handed a helluva lot. Garrett has been a huge part of the problem...and the last few years, a larger problem than Wade, who was coaching an elite defensive unit. It just doesnt seem right.

Also, the fact that Wade is the only fall guy right now. It really sucks to see that. Sure, you dont want to blow up your staff completely...but Wade was the only one sent walking. Doesnt resonate with me too well.

This is how the league tends to work, however. But yeah. I dont expect any real changes in the next 8 weeks.

That's a fair opinion. But that's on par with the coaching industry and public/private sector. In the business world, who you know goes a long way, and it especially is true in the coaching industry.

It helps that ALL 3 sons and the old man worked for the Cowboys. It helps that the connections the old man has fostered in the NFL can now help his sons in the industry.

As fans, we tend to see things as black or white, but just like in real life, there is lots of grey too. Something as simple as being tight with the owner goes a long way.

However, now it's up to him to show how good he is so he can earn a longer contract. If not, the whole staff gets cleared..
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut, D1 ATHLETE
Posts: 1,343
Reputation: -3869
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Default

THat's a boss:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...BFFC58B0974181
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,331
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Dallas Cowboys Conference Call Transcripts
http://www.giants.com/news/headlines...story_id=44545
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 2,529
Reputation: 455868
TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I've seen this idea thrown around a little bit and I mentioned it a few weeks back just to bring up some discussion, but if we wind up with the #1 pick in April I think we have to give a hard look at Andrew Luck. I love the kid and if he is the second coming of Troy Aikman and we pass on him we will be kicking ourselves for years.

The biggest problem with this team is attitude and a false sense of entitlement. When I look at Tony Romo I see both of those characteristics. When you watch guys like Drew Brees and Peyton Manning on the sideline, they seem like they are always preparing mentally for the next series (working on adjustments, taking advantage of defensive looks, studying/reviewing the playbook) while Tony seems like he sits on the bench by himself buying time until he has to go out there next.

I know I might be stepping on some toes in here, but Tony is apart of that loser mentality that we have developed here. He's 31 next season and has 1 playoff win to his credential (which was against an Eagles team that stumbled into the postseason). Romo comes off as a guy who thinks he's figured it out, when he really hasn't done anything in this league. I've been hesitant when discussing Romo with other teams fans because I never thought that he was a big game QB. With all the talent Jerry put around him he couldn't do more than 1 playoff win?

What I'm getting to is this, We realistically only have 3-4 more years with Romo playing at a high level, maybe less. The culture of this team needs a drastic makeover, we are on the verge of an offseason where there will be many new faces coming onto the team and lots of old ones leaving. We have some guys like RW, MB3, Spencer, Spears, Bennett, Newman that still have some trade value we could get some decent picks for them. Luck could be the first piece to our rebuilding mode and despite what people want to think we are in rebuilding mode right now. Luck is the right move for this franchise.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,378
Reputation: 199093
E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Romo usually does have meetings with offensive players though. I always see him and the receivers going over things with the offensive coordinator once a series is over. The thing is that the offensive players aren't going to have a meeting the entire time the defense is on the field. A lot of QBs sit there drinking Gatorade. In fact, I see both Manning and Brees do that all the time, and the same thing with Brady. Romo is no different from those guys in regards to how he moves about the sideline. The media may show different perceptions of them, but they all look the same to me.

Plus, you also have to look at how good Romo is when it comes to giving his team a chance to win. When the Cowboys were 1-4 with him there was no time that you can say that he never kept them in the game. Every time his team needs a chance he's busting his ass to make plays happen. Of all the players mentally checking out, I've yet to see him really do that. Luck may be a great talent, but Romo is already the playmaker you need. The game is never over with him because he consistently puts you in position to win if his defense comes through.

The defense is what needs to be addressed more, so I'd pass on Luck to get a stud like Peterson or Amukamara. Peterson is a "once in a lifetime" player too, and usually players getting that label on defense pull through at higher rates than QBs. How many times have we heard that some quaterback in the upcoming draft is the best prospect since [insert elite QB]? Couch, Carr, Palmer, Eli, Smith, etc. were all supposed to be one of a kind guys in the same way Luck is touted as now. The last time a safety got as much love as Peterson it was Sean Taylor.
__________________
"If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: I love that dirty water...
Posts: 3,351
Reputation: 28727
Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Id be so ******* pissed if we went QB. In no way does it improve the team in a way Peterson or Amukamara, etc can.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut, D1 ATHLETE
Posts: 1,343
Reputation: -3869
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Default

When we lose by 40 I wonder if the media is gonna kill Garrett..
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:12 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,613
Reputation: 2345985
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I've seen this idea thrown around a little bit and I mentioned it a few weeks back just to bring up some discussion, but if we wind up with the #1 pick in April I think we have to give a hard look at Andrew Luck. I love the kid and if he is the second coming of Troy Aikman and we pass on him we will be kicking ourselves for years.

The biggest problem with this team is attitude and a false sense of entitlement. When I look at Tony Romo I see both of those characteristics. When you watch guys like Drew Brees and Peyton Manning on the sideline, they seem like they are always preparing mentally for the next series (working on adjustments, taking advantage of defensive looks, studying/reviewing the playbook) while Tony seems like he sits on the bench by himself buying time until he has to go out there next.

I know I might be stepping on some toes in here, but Tony is apart of that loser mentality that we have developed here. He's 31 next season and has 1 playoff win to his credential (which was against an Eagles team that stumbled into the postseason). Romo comes off as a guy who thinks he's figured it out, when he really hasn't done anything in this league. I've been hesitant when discussing Romo with other teams fans because I never thought that he was a big game QB. With all the talent Jerry put around him he couldn't do more than 1 playoff win?

What I'm getting to is this, We realistically only have 3-4 more years with Romo playing at a high level, maybe less. The culture of this team needs a drastic makeover, we are on the verge of an offseason where there will be many new faces coming onto the team and lots of old ones leaving. We have some guys like RW, MB3, Spencer, Spears, Bennett, Newman that still have some trade value we could get some decent picks for them. Luck could be the first piece to our rebuilding mode and despite what people want to think we are in rebuilding mode right now. Luck is the right move for this franchise.
I think you like the thought of a new QB. Have you really had your own chance to evaluate Luck?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:00 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 2,529
Reputation: 455868
TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Romo usually does have meetings with offensive players though. I always see him and the receivers going over things with the offensive coordinator once a series is over. The thing is that the offensive players aren't going to have a meeting the entire time the defense is on the field. A lot of QBs sit there drinking Gatorade. In fact, I see both Manning and Brees do that all the time, and the same thing with Brady. Romo is no different from those guys in regards to how he moves about the sideline. The media may show different perceptions of them, but they all look the same to me.

Plus, you also have to look at how good Romo is when it comes to giving his team a chance to win. When the Cowboys were 1-4 with him there was no time that you can say that he never kept them in the game. Every time his team needs a chance he's busting his ass to make plays happen. Of all the players mentally checking out, I've yet to see him really do that. Luck may be a great talent, but Romo is already the playmaker you need. The game is never over with him because he consistently puts you in position to win if his defense comes through.

The defense is what needs to be addressed more, so I'd pass on Luck to get a stud like Peterson or Amukamara. Peterson is a "once in a lifetime" player too, and usually players getting that label on defense pull through at higher rates than QBs. How many times have we heard that some quaterback in the upcoming draft is the best prospect since [insert elite QB]? Couch, Carr, Palmer, Eli, Smith, etc. were all supposed to be one of a kind guys in the same way Luck is touted as now. The last time a safety got as much love as Peterson it was Sean Taylor.
I'm not talking about drinking gatorade sitting down, I'm talking about pouting...



I have never seen Brees or Brady or either Mannings do this.... hell I don't know what other QBs do this on the sidelines. Tony does it a lot, and it just adds to the soap opera we have here in Dallas. IDK maybe i'm totally wrong on this and I hope I am because I know Jerry loves Romo and would never get rid of him but geez his body language just seems so much different than the other 'top QBs' in the league.

And I don't know if I would agree that Tony is the playmaker we neeed, I mean the guy has had some pretty damn good talent around him and he only won 1 playoff game. That's not what we need, my goal, as is the rest of our fanbase, is a Super Bowl.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 11-11-2010 at 07:02 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:09 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 2,529
Reputation: 455868
TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
Id be so ******* pissed if we went QB. In no way does it improve the team in a way Peterson or Amukamara, etc can.
It sends a message throughout the organization that we are committed to winning and will make whatever moves necessary to get there. No more free passes for any player. I think that is exactly what the young players on this team need to understand. Tony is an easy guy to root for, but he comes off with this false sense of entitlement that has spread around our locker room resulting in this disastrous season. When you have a deep seeded problem like that you need to make strong moves like this to let players know we will not accept this type of attitude and we want winners.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:18 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 2,529
Reputation: 455868
TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think you like the thought of a new QB. Have you really had your own chance to evaluate Luck?
The only game where I felt I really evaluated him was the Arizona game. I wasn't sure about all the hype surrounding him before that, I watched way more Stanford games last year than this year (Gerhart makes me smile), but I was sold after that.

I could be totally wrong a Tony, he could be a great leader inside the locker room and I could just be spewing nonsense right now, but like I've said before I see the culture of this team and then I see Tony Romo and his bodylanguage/post game conferences/failure to play big in big games, and they seem eerily similar to each other.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Connecticut, D1 ATHLETE
Posts: 1,343
Reputation: -3869
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I'm not talking about drinking gatorade sitting down, I'm talking about pouting...



I have never seen Brees or Brady or either Mannings do this.... hell I don't know what other QBs do this on the sidelines. Tony does it a lot, and it just adds to the soap opera we have here in Dallas. IDK maybe i'm totally wrong on this and I hope I am because I know Jerry loves Romo and would never get rid of him but geez his body language just seems so much different than the other 'top QBs' in the league.

And I don't know if I would agree that Tony is the playmaker we neeed, I mean the guy has had some pretty damn good talent around him and he only won 1 playoff game. That's not what we need, my goal, as is the rest of our fanbase, is a Super Bowl.
You've never seen manning be a ***** on the sideline after a loss? Dude stop talking outta your ass.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
You've never seen manning be a ***** on the sideline after a loss? Dude stop talking outta your ass.
http://www.manningface.com/
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,506
Reputation: 1503744
Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Ugh... evaluating Luck based on ONE game? That's as awful as trying to claim Romo has no heart in football and isn't mentally prepared. Oh wait.

Sheesh. I understand some people dislike Romo but cmon. How many INTs does he have? 7. How many were tipped off Witten and the WR core? 5. You have a QB with an atrocious offensive line that buys extra time with his legs and he has 2 INTs that weren't tipped balls. Yeah he's terrible. On top of that keep in mind our OC can't call running plays because 1) our oline sucks and 2) our defensive his making Gerrard look like Peyton freaking Manning.

Shipping your franchise, and multi-pro bowl winning QB, to "send a message" is ignorant and stupid. Keep in mind all Romo has done for the franchise which at times has included carrying the team on his back. Football is the ultimate TEAM game so pointing at his playoffs wins is an indictment of the entire franchise and not Romo in and of itself.

Quote:
Records and honors

* 2006 Pro Bowl
* 2007 Pro Bowl
* 2009 Pro Bowl

NFL All-Time Records
Career

* #3 All-Time Career Passer Rating: 95.6
* #4 All-Time Yards Per Attempt: 8.1

Dallas Cowboys team records
Career

* Games with 300+ yards passing: 24 (previously held by Troy Aikman with 13)

Season

* Games with 300+ yards passing: 8 (2009)
* Passing TDs: 36 (2007); previously held by Danny White with 29
* Passing yards: 4,483 (2009); only Cowboys' quarterback to throw for more than 4,000 yards in a season (2007. 2009)
* Completions: 347 (2009); previously held by Romo with 335

Game

* On Nov 23, 2006, Romo threw 5 TD passes in a game, a record he shares with Troy Aikman.
I completely understand the jump ship mentality fans have. We were supposed to be great. We were overrated. VASTLY overrated. However we are not the 0-16 Detroit Lions or devoid of talent. You do not blow up a team and rip out its core to mix things up.

As far as the off season goes... adding someone like PP in the 1st along with 2 future starters on our oline will go a long way towards having a competitive team.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,613
Reputation: 2345985
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
It sends a message throughout the organization that we are committed to winning and will make whatever moves necessary to get there. No more free passes for any player. I think that is exactly what the young players on this team need to understand. Tony is an easy guy to root for, but he comes off with this false sense of entitlement that has spread around our locker room resulting in this disastrous season. When you have a deep seeded problem like that you need to make strong moves like this to let players know we will not accept this type of attitude and we want winners.
No it doesn't. Tony is not a cancer to this team. Nor is he a liability. Where were your thoughts on him last year? Non-existent. That's where.

It would only send a message that this team is not interested in winning now.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 3,947
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
HAHA, alot of head hanging there!!
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,613
Reputation: 2345985
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I just think it's clear that the OL needs a massive fix before we can blame any QB back there... including Kitna.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 2,529
Reputation: 455868
TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
No it doesn't. Tony is not a cancer to this team. Nor is he a liability. Where were your thoughts on him last year? Non-existent. That's where.

It would only send a message that this team is not interested in winning now.
D it just comes down to if you think Romo can win us a championship. There has been a lot of disappointing finishes the last few years with Tony at the helm. The talent was there, the O-Line wasn't always this bad. There were no excuses. What makes you think that now, with many of our former pro-bowlers appearing over the hump, that he can do more with less. Because that's what its going to take from him.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 2,529
Reputation: 455868
TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I just think it's clear that the OL needs a massive fix before we can blame any QB back there... including Kitna.
I can agree with that, our OLine needs a massive overhaul.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.