Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2010, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Predicting the BCS Bowls

I'm always intrigued by the BCS Bowl selection process, since it is similar to a draft. A lot goes in on deciding who is in or out, but I will be taking my guesses week to week.

This year, the selection is as follows:

Which Bowl loses #1 team (if applicable)

Which Bowl loses #2 team (if applicable)

Sugar Bowl

Orange Bowl

Fiesta Bowl

If this happens as it stands, my guess is this:

National Championship: #1 Oregon vs. #2 Auburn

The following problem is that there are 5 teams for 4 spots. TCU, Boise, Ohio State, LSU, and Stanford. BCS Bowls can select whoever they want in the Top 14 of the BCS Standings.

Rose Bowl: Wisconsin vs. Boise State (Selection #1)

Sugar Bowl: LSU (Selection #2) vs. Ohio State (Selection #3)

Fiesta Bowl: Nebraska (AQ as Big 12 winner) vs. Pitt (AQ as Big East Winner, selection #5)

Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech (AQ as ACC Winner) vs. TCU (Selection #4)

Here is where my questions come in:

1. Does the Rose Bowl want to keep Big Ten vs. Pac-10? If so, they can take Stanford. This would bump off Boise/TCU or Ohio State from the BCS however.

2. Does the Sugar Bowl take the more appealing name match-up with Ohio State vs. SEC or take Boise to face LSU?

3. How much appeal does TCU and Boise have? The fact is, not much as evidenced by TV Ratings. It would be tough to justify not putting one in a BCS Bowl (and both will likely make them,) but Boise could be the 2nd to last team selected because of it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 11-14-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote