Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-14-2010, 10:04 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Little Colt McCoy Case McCoy is gonna end up playing shortly, no reason why not at this point. I wasn't expecting Gilbert to have a season like Colt's freshman year, but from what I saw in the NC game I thought he would be much more polished then he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:05 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Whatever happened to Major Applewhite, is he in the Horns staff? He's primed, rested & ready for the HC job, turned the Rice offense around (led the nation for awhile) & the Bama offense in Saban's 1st yr. with Shula's mediocre leftovers.
You haven't heard of Will Muschamp? But yes Applewhite is the assistant O coordinator or QB coach, one or both but I believe both.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 11-14-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Little Colt McCoy Case McCoy is gonna end up playing shortly, no reason why not at this point. I wasn't expecting Gilbert to have a season like Colt's freshman year, but from what I saw in the NC game I thought he would be much more polished then he is.
At this point they aren't going to burn his redshirt.

I was at the game last night. I made until 5 minutes left and my group couldn't take anymore.

In person, Gilbert stares down receivers with laser beams. Everyone in the stadium knows where he is throwing 99% of the time. It's terrible.

Greg Davis loves him an east-west offense.

Justin Blackmon is a stud. That was damn good coverage on the bomb, he just adjusted perfectly to the ball and shielded the DB like a pro.

The line has no idea how to run block. The running backs have no idea how to adjust to what the line has given them.

The defense put no pressure on the 200 year old QB. Yet there were still wide open receivers all night. MAKE A F***ING ADJUSTMENT MUSCHAMP!!!
Call some blitzes for cripes sake. I mean, if you can't cover and you can't get pressure, CHANGE SOMETHING UP, IT AIN'T WORKING!

A freaking debacle.

There needs to be some shaking up going on. The staff has lost the team.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, i saw bits and pieces of the first half cause i had to work, but Muschamp has too much faith in the front four. The zones were getting chewed up relentlessly. Where's Jackson Jeffcoat? Haven't heard his name much after the first half of the season.

Case McCoy isn't the answer, i still believe Garrett Gilbert is going to be good. He needs some coaching though, because they're just about to lose this guy's talent forever. If there's anyone that's gonna challenge Gilbert for the spot next year, it'll be Connor Wood. At this point it makes no sense to bench Gilbert, all you're gonna do is kill his confidence some more. The team is a mess, i agree that Mack needs to get pushed onto the AD job already, Greg Davis is fired, promote Muschamp, let Major run the offense and go find another stud DC. We need Muschamp's recruiting ability as a HC after this season.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
aLARGEtopHat
Rookie

aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did enjoy the fire Greg Davis chant and horribly delicious stadium nachos yesterday.
aLARGEtopHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLARGEtopHat View Post
I did enjoy the fire Greg Davis chant and horribly delicious stadium nachos yesterday.
The Greg Davis chant was funny.

Sausage wrap for me. It was not tasty.

Oh, btw, did you see all of that spider silk flying in the night sky? Gross.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You haven't heard of Will Muschamp? But yes Applewhite is the assistant O coordinator or QB coach, one or both but I believe both.
Thought Muschamp was going to go to UGA when they fire Richt. He's an Ugga alum.....

Any way you slice it this Horns season is inexcusable, & that's all on the HC, Mr. Brown.

Last edited by LizardState : 11-14-2010 at 07:47 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....o-win-las.html

Longhorns RB Tre' Newton decided to quit football after another concussion.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Thought Muschamp was going to go to UGA when they fire Richt. He's an Ugga alum.....

Any way you slice it this Horns season is inexcusable, & that's all on the HC, Mr. Brown.
Muschamp is still the Head Coach in Waiting until something changes. I'm worried about UGA too, but Richt hasn't been fired yet, and Muschamp is still HCIW until something changes. This kinda season makes people want to push Mack out faster.

Quote:
Old 11-17-2010, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Texas can switch Major to OC. Keep Greg Davis as the QB coach and let Major call all of the plays.

It would be cool to see Texas get back Tim Brewster back into the program in some capacity.

I like the players. I do think that the players need to get stronger in the offseason though.

I'd still like to see Texas win out and go to a Bowl.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweet catch Malcolm!!!

It would be cool for him to get 5 more this season.

A win is a win. I'll take it.

Last edited by Texas Homer : 11-21-2010 at 02:27 AM.
Texas Homer is offline   Reply With Quote