Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will be the number one pick?
Enes Kanter 7 7.07%
Perry Jones 14 14.14%
Kyrie Irving 49 49.49%
Harrison Barnes 19 19.19%
Other 10 10.10%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 NBA Draft Thread

I don't give a ****, this Wolves season is done, College Basketball has already started and I need something to look forward to. So who are the Wolves going see get taken taken four spots ahead of them with the number one pick in the draft? I'd love to have Irving or Jones on the team.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate to say it bro but the Wiz will win the lottery again next year, with the 8th worst record. Really though for the Wolves it's tough because all of the top guys in the draft are swing men or stretch 4's. You guys are pretty much loaded with swingmen and PF's. You definitely should go PG or Center. Jared Sullinger IMO is the best big guy in the draft but don't think he fits well with Love, that's assuming Love is still a T'wolve. Right now I guess I'd say that Irving is the safest pick for you, even though I'm a bigger Brandon Knight fan. I just think drafting Harrison Barnes or Perry Jones will just create a further log jam and make someone like Wes Johnson into a wasted pick. BTW call me crazy but I'm expecting big things from Wally Judge this year.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enes Kanter is ineligible for the year... can he still go into the draft?
Old 11-11-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pistons should have the #1 or #2 pick. Make it happen!

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This just in: The Timberwolves will get screwed in the lottery and drop from the #1 favored spot down to the #4 pick in the lottery.
Not that there's any franchize HOFers in this draft.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:29 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meyers Leonard. Learn this name because he's going to blow up. He's not a 2011 prospect, but looking toward 2012 he has a chance to be lottery.

He's 7 feet. Good size. Insane athleticism. Moves well. Runs the floor like a deer. Has high rebounding potential. Good shot blocker. Moves his feet well. Shows a respectable post game for his age. Has stepped out and knocked down the open 12-15 footer. He's also shown some passing ability.

He's a little thin right now, but a summer of strength training/season in the physicality that is the Big 10 will help him immensely. He also gets a little lost on both ends, but he came from a small school in Illinois and hasn't had much traditional big man coaching/competition.

But his upside is ridiculous. Richmond gets a lot of pub as our burger boy, prized recruit, but Meyers has a higher upside, a much higher upside because of his physical tools.

The main reason I think people are going to look at him though and fall in love with his game is because he has a mean streak. He's tough as hell and competitive as hell. In fact, he needs to tone it down a few notches as he gets pissed off pretty easily and it can be a detriment to his play. He's definitely a player you'll love to hate because he's kind of a tool, but he's far from a finesse center. He's a power center with high offensive potential

I truly believe he has a chance to be a big time draft prospect so long as he keeps working on his game, which shouldn't be a problem. Usually it's easier to tone down a guy than spark fire out of thin air. Meyers doesn't want to go around you he wants to go through you.

Here, check this video out and see his potential;

What is scary is that Leonard has the physical tools to be great and he has the attitude/work ethic to get there. Dude never takes a play off and from all practice accounts is one of the hardest working guys day in and day out.

I don't pimp Illini prospects too often, but Meyers is going to be on lottery draft boards next year. Hell, I bet he starts getting some pub after people see his raw potential this year. He's truly a "prospect" in every sense of the word, but I believe he's a low risk/high reward type prospect that you won't regret taking.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:56 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Selby is ma boy. Period.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:26 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perry Jones makes me cream my pants so much.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

**** everyone on the Wolves, I want Perry Jones too
Old 11-12-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not gonna lie I have seen absolutely nothing from Perry Jones other than a few highlight videos but with Beasley and Wes already here STRIP is right, we would be much better served going after Irving or Knight, or maybe hoping that a big plays well enough to elevate his draft status to where we're going to be picking. Sullinger is going to be a beast this year and again I've only read and seen highlight videos on him but everything is telling me he's going to be a better college player than a pro. He's not a great athlete, plays K-Love's position, and at 6'9 I can't really see him playing a lot of center.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One sleeper that I think people should be aware: Tyshawn Taylor. I've noticed he's not getting much love from the mocks I've seen, but honestly, he's got the most pro-potential of anyone that I've seen play at Kansas for a while. He's got a great size/speed combo to run the point in the NBA. He's great defensively with some good length. And he's always had the speed and quickness to attack the basket. The big thing for him was always decision making and 3-pt shot, but it looks like he worked on that over the off-season. He's been running the point for KU in our first few games and he's looked great. He's always been able to make some sick passes, but he's cut down on the mistakes. And he's shown the ability to knock down the open 3. Obviously, it's one thing to do it against Valpo and Longwood and another to do it against teams like K-State and Baylor, but he's a guy to look out for.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ******* pumped for the Raps to grab Harrison Barnes. Him and Demar would be nice on the wings.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Perry Jones looked really nice today, living by the rim. Had a double-double.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baylor played La Salle, not exactly a juggernaut.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Morris is a sleeper.not sating he should go #1 but if he declares whoever gets him will be very happy
Old 11-16-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perry Jones stands out to me for this year. 6'11 230lbs SF. Him, Tyreke and Cousins? That would be crazy

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harrison won't declare! You heard it here first!
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still stick by my Rashard Lewis comparison until he develops more post moves. Of course he's more athletic though which gives several advantages.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Harrison won't declare! You heard it here first!
And neither was Ed Davis.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...or Mike Conley, Greg Oden and any other player that said they were staying or wanted to graduate.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw video of it though!!!!!! na but seriously I feel that he won't unless the season stops after next year or something crazy.

He talks like our president.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm bound to do a homer corner post at some point about all of the potential Villanova draftees now and down the road, but in the meantime I will say that people talk about Maalik Wayns and Mouph Yarou, but I think our best NBA prospect may be Dominic Cheek. Somehow he's the forgotten guy, but he's got everything you look for in an NBA wing IMO, he's got a chance to be a great player in the league. Maybe not a go-to guy, but a player who knows his role and does a great job of it. Wes Johnson-esque, only as a smaller guy, but plenty of size to play the wing in the league.

As far as this class goes Perry Jones has ridiculous upside, Barnes should be a really solid player, and Irving is my favorite PG. Sullinger I like a lot but he's going to get pushed down to his perceived (perhaps correctly) lack of upside. He'll be a hell of a college player though. My favorite "sleeper" in this freshman class (mentioned him in the NBA thread) is CJ Leslie...ridiculous athlete and enough skills to possibly transition to the 3 long-term, though he's probably best served bulking up and being a stretch 4. He's going to have the opportunity to play a lot in a solid conference, so his development will be interesting to watch. Don't think he's a one and done though.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Love Cheek's potential especially defensively, not sure about the Wes Johnson comparison though because Johnson had the silkiest jumper in college last year. I see Cheek's offense coming more in a scrapper type role.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Love Cheek's potential especially defensively, not sure about the Wes Johnson comparison though because Johnson had the silkiest jumper in college last year. I see Cheek's offense coming more in a scrapper type role.
He and Johnson are completely different players, didn't mean the comparison that way. I just meant starting caliber wing, good defense, spot up for threes, get some garbage buckets. Not a first option, but a do-everything role player who can be an important part of a good team. They can fill similar roles, but definitely very different players. Not sure about an actual comparison for Cheek since he's got legit size for a 2 and rebounds and defends so well along with the ability to knock down the 3, we haven't seen a similar off guard come out in a little while. I'll think about it, but more just saying I really like him as a prospect. If he works on his game he's a do everything 2 guard prospect. Would love to see him next to Rose someday.

Now that I think about it, the closest I can think of is a slightly less athletic and bulky Pietrus but a better ball handler.

Last edited by derza222 : 11-16-2010 at 08:43 PM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the Bulls to target a guy like Buford, but if he's not available, im hoping for a backup PG like Kemba Walker.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote