Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Childress isn't the greatest coach in the world, but this team has made several mistakes this season at the worst times. Childress can't tell the offensive or defensive lines (which have been our worst aspects this season) to play better or not suck.
I cannot believe you defend Childress. I would argue he is by a wide margin the worst head coach in the league, if not that easily top 3. He is nothing but a hindrance to the team. He has been decent as far as the draft goes but he cannot take all the credit for that and while he has managed to bring in some good players he has made just as many if not more really bad signings/trades (Berrian and Williams immediately come to mind). I really hope this Sunday I hear more then a few fire Childress chants.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I cannot believe you defend Childress. I would argue he is by a wide margin the worst head coach in the league, if not that easily top 3. He is nothing but a hindrance to the team. He has been decent as far as the draft goes but he cannot take all the credit for that and while he has managed to bring in some good players he has made just as many if not more really bad signings/trades (Berrian and Williams immediately come to mind). I really hope this Sunday I hear more then a few fire Childress chants.
I don't like Childress. I know the only reason we've been relevant the last three or so years is from the sheer talent our team possessed. Where is that talent this year?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I don't like Childress. I know the only reason we've been relevant the last three or so years is from the sheer talent our team possessed. Where is that talent this year?
The team is a ******* mess this year. Full of distractions. We got off to a rough start and Childress being our coach makes matters that much worth. It is tough to stay positive when you watch your coach choke away games from your team and while I agree these guys need to play better I do think Childress is solely responsible for at least 2 losses this season.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Childress can't tell the offensive or defensive lines (which have been our worst aspects this season) to play better or not suck.
The DL sucking has come out of nowhere, but the OL has been below average to horrible for his entire tenure now, that one is most certainly on him because he has flat out refused to address it. You can't have a below average LT, C, RG and RT and expect success. All are very poor pass protectors yet you want to throw 40 times a game, all are solid run blockers. He has basically put together an OL full of maulers who can't pass block and then gone pass happy, that is on him.

Unfortunately I don't think that the coach is our only problem, the DL has been awful, the secondary has never been good since I've been a fan but Winfield is starting to look old and he is the only healthy guy who is even NFL starter level in the secondary. Leber is being exposed because the DL is playing so poorly. Greenway and Henderson are the only guys I'd give a pass mark on defense at this point.

Playcalling has been the worst part of the offense though. You have a run blocking line and a great RB yet you don't run the ball, you take him out on 3rd downs despite him being our 2nd best receiver as well to put in a bigger, slower version of Peterson. We have one receiver now that is worth mentioning and you didn't call plays for the other one before cutting him anyway...

Obviously a coaching change couldn't hurt at this point, someone who would come in and tell Favre to **** off would have my support.

That said, I'd rather wait the season out and get Cowher at season's end, he could work wonders for our sorry ass team then hire Frazier, who I honestly have very little faith in. Frazier is a DB coach with probably the worst DBs in the league and the defense has gotten consistently worse every season under him. Time for wholesale changes.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
The DL sucking has come out of nowhere, but the OL has been below average to horrible for his entire tenure now, that one is most certainly on him because he has flat out refused to address it. You can't have a below average LT, C, RG and RT and expect success. All are very poor pass protectors yet you want to throw 40 times a game, all are solid run blockers. He has basically put together an OL full of maulers who can't pass block and then gone pass happy, that is on him.
This is basically the biggest mistake he has made, and I can never figure it out.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings are going to 'Barry sanders' Adrian Peterson.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
FireChillyDotCom

Ugh! TitleTown088 I hope not. We can get rid of Childress -- WE CAN!
Old 11-06-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Save the cheerleader, Save the world!
Old 11-07-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone hire Childress for their PR department:

Quote:
"I'm not gonna be here and be like Favre and tell you that I need a hug," Childress said. "I'll be all right."
Old 11-07-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre on Wednesday: "Is he a compassionate football coach? Like give us a hug or something like that? I sure could use one too. He hasn’t given me one, no. He’s OK."

Childress is a douche but this is a non-story.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe it is my Favre hate, but that is just about the best thing that Childress has done for the Vikings, I loled!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give AP the ball and keep it out of Favre's hands as much as you can.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More proof that the players are against Childress.

http://thevikingage.com/2010/11/10/m...iking-players/
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, if Childress were fired at the end of this season, and then the vikings figure out what they're going to do about a stadium. I will be one happy boy. But if we don't fire Childress and move to LA? Idk what I will do.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre's ***** wants a hug from Jenn Sterger
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Favre's ***** wants a hug from Jenn Sterger
My ***** wants a huge from Jenn Sterger as well.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if the Cowboys responding immediately with a new coach will help Ziggy press the EJECT button on the pompous red hot Chilly pepper in time for the Packer week.

They have 7 games to make up a 3-game deficit, and beating the Packers could cut that down to 2 games with 6 weeks to go. That's certainly doable, as the Chargers showed 2 years ago when down by 4 games with 4 weeks to go to catch Denver with Cutler.

I think Childress is s***canned tomorrow, and Leslie Frazier is promoted, even though his work on defense has been s*** this year. But for some reason, he's a hot coaching commodity, I hear.

As a Cheesehead, I want Childress to last one more week.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Under The Big Top

The Metrodome is home to the NFL's nuttiest circus. Absolutely nobody knows what's up next for the Vikings, but one thing's for sure: The show must go on

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...read10/Vikings
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
Chilly lost the locker room, Frazier has been a head-coaching candidate in the past.

If they do this tomorrow, I believe the Vikings can go on a run and grab a wildcard spot in the NFC.

Tell me why it wouldn't work.
Are you serious?

With the shittiness of the NFC West, it will take 10 wins to make the playoffs for everyone else.

The Vikings are going to run the table at 7-0? This is a serious thread?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote