Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-19-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're definitely very top heavy. Some of the teams the MWC has are still pathetic. There are some lowly teams in that conference.

I'd expect them to get one. Its gonna be nice havinng Boise and TCU play every year and Nevada, Fresno, Air Force, and Hawaii are just as good as what the other conferences boast in the middle. Its the remaining five teams that could keep them from getting a spot. Reading the article, the second thing it is based on is final computer ranking of every team in the conference. MWC average is going to be brought so far down by those bottom 5 teams that even having Boise and TCU top 5 may not be enough to bring it up.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I think they'll get one. God I hope they do. They pick up two consistently great teams in Boise and TCU, and a handful of teams who can be decent any given year....I really don't see how they are any worse than the Big East or ACC.
...really?

line the teams up and have em go head to head ACC will end up at least 9-3

just because there are 2 good teams doesn't mean the other 10 stack up

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really don't see how they are any worse than the Big East or ACC.
Because they are.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BYE BYE WAC!

Soooooo happy!!! We may be able to save our recruiting class afterall. No one wanted to play for us with the WAC being completely worthless.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When are they going to get Houston? I think now if they get Houston they will get the Bid.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they had kept Utah and BYU, they'd be getting a bid.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
If they had kept Utah and BYU, they'd be getting a bid.
Of that I don't think there is any doubt. I don't see BYU coming back into the fold, though, as they have made plenty of money already by signing a lucrative tv deal with ESPN. The Cougars will make four times more money in September 2011 than all 2010 combined with MWC TV tie.

Also, Colorado State shouldn't be ranked in the "bad" category. They have stumbled upon hard times but they have an over .500 winning percentage since the formation of the BCS. Houston, does not (.479) but them and SMU are probably the best of the what's out there as far as name recognition. I feel, however, that Utah St. will be given the other invite because it helps with the Utah market or what little is left since that state is mostly concerned with Utah and BYU.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 11-19-2010 at 05:52 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s...e=NCFHeadlines

SDSU president Stephen Weber told the media that the MWC is interested in a 12 team conference. Speculation is that Houston could be the next school invited.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-20-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the value of the Utah market when you can have the Houston market? This is a no-brainer to me.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
What's the value of the Utah market when you can have the Houston market? This is a no-brainer to me.
Because Houston doesn't really have that market. It's more UT and TAMU, however, I would expect that the Cougars have the market more than Utah St. has the Utah market.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-20-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Because Houston doesn't really have that market. It's more UT and TAMU, however, I would expect that the Cougars have the market more than Utah St. has the Utah market.
Exactly. Utah State is the third biggest team in Utah. Houston is the third biggest team in Southeast Texas. I'd take the latter.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

U of H is big in Houston.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly. Utah State is the third biggest team in Utah. Houston is the third biggest team in Southeast Texas. I'd take the latter.
SouthEast Texas >>>>>>>>>>>> Utah.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
BYE BYE WAC!

Soooooo happy!!! We may be able to save our recruiting class afterall. No one wanted to play for us with the WAC being completely worthless.
The new WAC will be anybody who finds an open date to get a cheap win over New Mexico St. -- their dance cd. is always pretty full b/c everybody gets well vs. NM St.

WAC FB is evaporating rapidly.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So does the WAC dissolve with the remaining teams going independent or begging to be apart of a 16 team MWC?

Or do some of these teams fall out of the FBS and the WAC goes to the FCS?

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
So does the WAC dissolve with the remaining teams going independent or begging to be apart of a 16 team MWC?

Or do some of these teams fall out of the FBS and the WAC goes to the FCS?
Seems to be the common wisdom. That said, the remaining WAC still might be better than the Sun Belt conference, especially if they can poach North Texas like it was originally thought they would do.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the WAC and Sun Belt need to combine what's left.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

The WAC could go back to the Big Sky conference. Assuming Montana still says no, Weber State and Northern Arizona are two programs that could merit a bump up.

Both are in decent markets (Ogden, Flagstaff), both have student enrollments around 20k (important to simply fill out a stadium), and both are competitive in one of the better FCS conferences in the nation.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 11-20-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Montana has already declined the WAC same with North Texas. Why would any team want to accept an invitation to join the WAC when its future is in flux?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-20-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Just depends if you want to go Division 1 or not. It's a hell of a lot easier to do in a conference, any conference, than as an independent.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just depends if you want to go Division 1 or not. It's a hell of a lot easier to do in a conference, any conference, than as an independent.
Montana and all other Big Sky Teams are still D-I

They are in a separate half. FCS and FBS

But ya, the theory is that within the next 10 years the FCS will be gone but i doubt that happening.

I think the remaining WAC teams will be begging to find another conference.

I could see Louisiana Tech trying to jump to the Sun Belt (Makes sense geographically)
Utah State, Idaho, San Jose State will all try to join the MWC or will be forced into the Big Sky. With slight possibility of ending up in the Sun Belt or C-USA

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
I really don't see how they are any worse than the Big East or ACC.
The ACC must play one of the hardest schedules, because they have the second most players of any conference in the NFL. (though, our coaches are so dumb, their combined IQ is probably as high as a chimpanzee)

The SEC is #1.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great move from both parts imo.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad Utah and BYU left... Would be an inasanely good conference with those two still there.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have an automatic qualifier, they just have to be Top 12 or Top 16 in the BCS (and above Big East/ACC/other big conference). Do we really want the Mountain West to be automatically in a BCS Bowl if they aren't in the Top 16 teams in the country? No.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote