Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 11-21-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So uh...lets make sure Santonio Holmes gets re-signed this offseason. So. Clutch. Braylon's catch to set it up was pretty sweet too... this is the best team we're gonna have for awhile I think. And this team isn't playing it's best football right now either.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am shocked right now.

Anybody reading the week 11 discussion thread? Apparently we won because of luck yet again and nobody wants to give Sanchez credit. (Pats fans).

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I am shocked right now.

Anybody reading the week 11 discussion thread? Apparently we won because of luck yet again and nobody wants to give Sanchez credit. (Pats fans).
If the last second heart attack inducing wins the past few weeks are luck, the Jets organization needs to start paying everyone in lottery tickets.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Feels good to know we have a franchise QB

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
If the last second heart attack inducing wins the past few weeks are luck, the Jets organization needs to start paying everyone in lottery tickets.
Or it's just taking all of those years of "same old Jets" and repaying the organization and its fans for the many, many times the same things happened with the Jets on the other side of the field. But I like to think that it's because we have a gutsy, scrappy, mentally tough team. Probably a little of both.

By the way, I've been talking a lot about how the offense is the better unit than the defense and so in the draft even though needs are on the defensive side the offensive side may make more sense to address...I'd like to retract those comments. I'm not sure which unit is better, but the defense needs a lot of help at multiple positions right now.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

14 days 22 hours 50 minutes.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
14 days 22 hours 50 minutes.
Game of the Year

Sig by Me
Old 11-22-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, now, with our 5 free agents, I don't know who I would let go. Between Bray, Holmes, Cro, and Harris, Ellis.

They have all been huge contributors. Cro locked it down while Revis was out and is still playing great. Holmes and Bray have each been played great other than a few miscues. Harris has been Harris. And Ellis has been a beast, yet again, although he is the oldest of the bunch.

Having to lose any of them will suck. But, hopefully, with Taylor off the books, maybe getting rid off Woody (replaced by Ducasse), and Gholston, maybe we can keep them all? And losing Pryce's contract, obviously. I like him for this year, but next year hopefully we draft all D-line and rushing OLB's.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
So, now, with our 5 free agents, I don't know who I would let go. Between Bray, Holmes, Cro, and Harris, Ellis.

They have all been huge contributors. Cro locked it down while Revis was out and is still playing great. Holmes and Bray have each been played great other than a few miscues. Harris has been Harris. And Ellis has been a beast, yet again, although he is the oldest of the bunch.

Having to lose any of them will suck. But, hopefully, with Taylor off the books, maybe getting rid off Woody (replaced by Ducasse), and Gholston, maybe we can keep them all? And losing Pryce's contract, obviously. I like him for this year, but next year hopefully we draft all D-line and rushing OLB's.
If I had to pick one to let go, I'd pick Braylon Edwards. He's made a lot of big plays, but he blown a lot of big plays too that someone with better hands could make.

If I had to pick two, the second would be Shaun Ellis if only because of his age.

If I had to pick three........ then it would get difficult....
Despite his reputation of being one of the worst players ever, Antonio Cromartie has played great so far for the Jets and is who Rex Ryan thought he was.

As for the Patriots game, to me, it is important to see that the Jets have an answer on D to what the Brady and the Patriots are currently doing. A big reason why the Jets won the first game against the Patriots was that Brady lost his mind and just started forcing bad passes. To me, seeing that they can still rattle him is the most important thing, even more important than the W. Or at least contain him.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kris Brown had a workout with us earlier today. I wonder if a change at K is coming soon...

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-03-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Braylon Edwards is the most overrated WR in the NFL. He drops more passes that hit him in the hands. I mean Im probably statisically wrong on that comment but it certainly seems like it to me as an outsider looking in.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Braylon Edwards is the most overrated WR in the NFL. He drops more passes that hit him in the hands. I mean Im probably statisically wrong on that comment but it certainly seems like it to me as an outsider looking in.
I wouldn't say he is the most overrated WR in the league but you bring up a valid point. I just don't think anybody thinks he is very good anymore. Actually, I think he has dropped less balls than he did last year so that's good to see.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-03-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Jim Leonhard broke his tibia in parctice and he is out for the year. Big loss for the defense as he is rock solid in the secondary and the "quarterback" of the defense.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-03-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

The Leonhard loss definitely hurts but i don't think it should be too big of a deal. I think he was gonna get targeted pretty heavily this week seeing as how he is a huge mismatch to either Hernandez or Gronkowski. At least Smith has better size, even though he isn't much of a better matchup either

I basically feel the same way about this game as i did in week 2. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but the more and more i think about it, the more logical it seems that we should win this one. We should be able to shutdown Branch and Welker, then scheme to take away the TE's. We don't really have anyone to matchup 1 on 1 with the TE's but i feel like we should have enough extra defenders to focus in on them and take them away. Basically we matchup perfectly with their offense IMO. My only real concern is Woodhead sneaking out and making a big play, but when thats one of your biggest concerns i think your in pretty damn good shape.

On O, Sanchez has been playing even better recently (besides Bengals game) than earlier in the year when he picked apart this secondary. If BB comes out daring Sanchez to beat him, i have full confidence that he can and will. On the other hand, if they start to respect Sanchez (Unlikely, I know) We should be able to run against 7 in the box.

My biggest concern really is the 10 day layoff from last week, and not for the players, but for the coaches. So far the only times we have lost is when we had extended time to prepare for our opponent, and it seemed as though the coaches outsmarted and over thought the game plan, trying to get too cute with it. IMO the only way we lose this game is if something like that happens again

Sig by Me
Old 12-03-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Uggggggghhhh uninformed posting....

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/leaders.a...NFL&ran k=232

Braylon has less drops than Santonio, Keller, and Cotchery.

He's actually become extremely underrated, because everyone thinks he sucks now, when he has actually played very well for us this year.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

How's everyone feel about the game tomorrow?
Old 12-05-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

It's going to be a great game. Brady and the Pats have been on fire lately and we have been kind of shaky. But I do think we matchup very well with them.

Brady has been on fire but their WR crop does not scare me at all. Branch, Welker, Tate......I have confidence in Revis, Cro and company to limit them. However, Hernandez and Gronk scare me. They will expose us over the middle of the field. The Jim Leohnard injury will hurt us here.

New Engalnd's D is not what it once was so lets hope Schotty gives Sanchez the keys and lets him attack that secondary. (McCourty has been great this year.)

I give us the slight edge but this game could go either way. Win or lose, it should be a helluva game.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2010, 12:43 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
The Leonhard loss definitely hurts but i don't think it should be too big of a deal. I think he was gonna get targeted pretty heavily this week seeing as how he is a huge mismatch to either Hernandez or Gronkowski. At least Smith has better size, even though he isn't much of a better matchup either

I basically feel the same way about this game as i did in week 2. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but the more and more i think about it, the more logical it seems that we should win this one. We should be able to shutdown Branch and Welker, then scheme to take away the TE's. We don't really have anyone to matchup 1 on 1 with the TE's but i feel like we should have enough extra defenders to focus in on them and take them away. Basically we matchup perfectly with their offense IMO. My only real concern is Woodhead sneaking out and making a big play, but when thats one of your biggest concerns i think your in pretty damn good shape.

On O, Sanchez has been playing even better recently (besides Bengals game) than earlier in the year when he picked apart this secondary. If BB comes out daring Sanchez to beat him, i have full confidence that he can and will. On the other hand, if they start to respect Sanchez (Unlikely, I know) We should be able to run against 7 in the box.

My biggest concern really is the 10 day layoff from last week, and not for the players, but for the coaches. So far the only times we have lost is when we had extended time to prepare for our opponent, and it seemed as though the coaches outsmarted and over thought the game plan, trying to get too cute with it. IMO the only way we lose this game is if something like that happens again
My thoughts about the game

Sig by Me
Old 12-06-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I think that the Patriots are red hot right now and we're underperforming at the moment. I do like the matchup, though Brady could kill us in the passing game if he makes good decisions. The secondary is week at safety IMO so their tight ends will be a key, and the wideouts aren't going to be completely neutralized despite how good our corners are. Welker's always an issue and they've still got some speed and athleticism there if not size and big names. Offensively I don't like the fact that our running game hasn't been good and while I love what Sanchez has been doing this season I'm not sure I trust him to carry the offense in a cold weather game of this magnitude. Would be a huge step for him, the team, and the organization as a whole to win this game. I'm not necessarily optimistic, but I hope that the game goes well.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
As for the Patriots game, to me, it is important to see that the Jets have an answer on D to what the Brady and the Patriots are currently doing. A big reason why the Jets won the first game against the Patriots was that Brady lost his mind and just started forcing bad passes. To me, seeing that they can still rattle him is the most important thing, even more important than the W. Or at least contain him.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand apparently not. Oh well. Same old Jets. :(
Old 12-06-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand apparently not. Oh well. Same old Jets. :(
Yup. You and I always expect the same old Jets to come out at some point in the season. Looks like it's tonight. What an ugly game. Defense bad, poor coaching, and absolutely no offense. Looks like 5128's concern about the long time period before the game was somewhat valid, although they're just getting outplayed. Rough game.

ALSO I knew letting go of Danny Woodhead would come back to bite us in the ass once the Pats picked him up. Oh what a mistake keeping him instead of McKnight was.

Last edited by derza222 : 12-06-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

That was pathetic. We got raped in all 3 phases of the game. Not sure what else to say.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

I know it wasn't a good thing when I wasn't too confident going into the game, but I never expected that. It's the first time that I can remember in the Rex Ryan era that we just didn't seem to show up and play that hard. Very frustrating to watch but like Rex said it only counts as one. We've needed a wake up call like this for a while now but I never wanted it to come in that game. Hopefully we use this blowout and turn it into a constructive thing instead of spiraling downward. Gotta turn it around quick because we have a tough schedule to close out the year.
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Definitely have to turn this around. I'm beginning to think the Jets are overrated based on their record. Wins against teams that are 5-7, 2-10, 3-9, 5-7, 2-10, 5-7, 2-10, 6-6, and 10-2. That's only one team above .500, and that Pats team was very different from the one we just got absolutely crushed by. On top of it, outside of the Bills games the wins really haven't been convincing. Teams have still been in these games late, if not winning, and they're not great teams. With the Steelers, Bears, Dolphins, and Bills coming up I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if we end the season 10-6 based on who the Jets have beaten this year and how they've beaten them. They've got to show something in these next 3 weeks, I'd like at least 2 wins otherwise this team isn't what they seemed to be earlier in the season.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The issue is personnel to be honest.

I think from a talent perspective, the Jets defense is severely overrated by the masses. You have 2 great CBs, 2 good blitzing/run stuffing ILBs, and that's pretty much it.

The dline is very mediocre, the OLBs are mediocre, and the safeties are mediocre.

You have absolutely no pass rush. For all the blitzing you do, you don't get enough sacks. That's bc that front 7 is very average. And when you go against a team who can spread you out and isolate matchups like the Pats, the results showed.

You guys desperately need upgrades to OLB and dline this year. Rex can only do so much. There comes a point where schemes get old, and players gotta make plays. And outside of 2 good CBs and 2 good ILBs, you don't have much talent on defense.