Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers and Desmond Bishop have been discussing a new contract. I like it alot, Bishop has been averaging 9 tackles a game since becoming a starter and made several big plays already. With Barnett becoming more injury prone lately and Hawk's contract status, locking Bishop up will only benefit us in the long run.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to see Bishop and Barnett on the field together. That will be a tough, physical duo. Plenty of opportunities to blow people up playing behind Raji taking double teams and offenses shifting over watching CM3.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our defense could be ridiculously good next year. It's one of the best in the league right now, and then we'll get back all the injured guys plus get an upgrade at OLB and/or nickelback through the draft.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Our defense could be ridiculously good next year. It's one of the best in the league right now, and then we'll get back all the injured guys plus get an upgrade at OLB and/or nickelback through the draft.
And imagine if just one of Underwood or Pat Lee show something....
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our rush offense hasn't been great but Marshawn Lynch has been downright brutal for the Seahawks so far.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Our rush offense hasn't been great but Marshawn Lynch has been downright brutal for the Seahawks so far.
Word. And Nance looked good today, very north-south runner who can make people miss and pound for yards. Much better in that aspect than Jackson who dances around back there without the speed to make it up. Always like Jackson outta the backfield as a WR and blocking, though.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle's offensive line is absolutely bush though.
There are better OL's in the Big Ten right now.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Starks is active next week and gets some action on ST at least. Get him up to speed to the NFL. Bjax/Nance/Starks should be fine down the stretch, especially in the cold

what I loved today was that 4th TD pass by Rodgers. It was 3rd and 1, and there was Kuhn, lined up in the backfield. I was thinking to myself "oh great, here comes the freakin FB run again" and to my surprise it was a PA and then a beautiful throw and catch for a TD to Jennings

Last edited by BloodBrother : 11-21-2010 at 05:46 PM.
BloodBrother is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Hopefully Starks is active next week and gets some action on ST at least. Get him up to speed to the NFL. Bjax/Nance/Starks should be fine down the stretch, especially in the cold

what I loved today was that 4th TD pass by Rodgers. It was 3rd and 1, and there was Kuhn, lined up in the backfield. I was thinking to myself "oh great, here comes the freakin FB run again" and to my surprise it was a PA and then a beautiful throw and catch for a TD to Jennings
This. That was the sexiest play of the season for us, I immediately texted my brother 3 times and then called him. Rub that **** in, **** you Vikings.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Old 11-21-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

I find it disappointing we only had the one INT. Slackers back there in the secondary.
I find it amusing how often Favre was on his butt for the game and how scared he was of the blitz, throwing and ducking outta the way.

Also, what happened with not being able to get hit on a foot first slide? Seemed like Rodgers got hit a bit on a couple of them and I always remember the refs being super flaggy about that unless it was clearly incidental.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Bigby's Hamstring again?
I like Peprah better, but still, we want our depth good. What's his hamstring made of? Pasta?

COACH MIKE MCCARTHY

How satisfying is it to come in here and knock off the Vikings, ending any playoff hopes they might have had?
Well we're not really concerned about their standings and where they are going with the playoffs. Our focus was clearly on getting this division win. Though building to play in. I can't give the players enough credit. You can see this building through the week, our work throughout the practice was outstanding. It was very important for us to play well. We knew coming into the game, if we were to take care of the football, zero giveaways, play disciplined football reflected in the zero penalties and we felt very confident that our defense was going to take the football away.

How good is your team right now?
We're 7-3 and that's the facts. We're a good football team, we always knew we were a good football team. We have seven wins, three losses and we have an opportunity coming up here in seven days in Atlanta. It's important for us to take the things from today that we can do better. We'll do that oer the next two days, make sure we correct that.

Can you talk about the play of Greg Jennings, the plays he made, the catches he made?
Greg is outstanding. A, the route running, B, the yards after the catch. We felt that if they were going to give us the one-on-ones in space that we were going to be able to take advantage of it. They played exclusive, a lot of two-deep early. We struggled there, i think, the first, maybe second series. Had one sack and we made a mistake on protection, but then after that I though our offense played well with a good rhythm. Aaron kept us in very good plays at the line of scrimmage. We managed the crowd noise excellent. I can't say enough about our fans. They were awesome. It was a great day for the Green Bay Packers.

Injuries?
Anthony Smith had an ankle; X-rays were negative. He did not return. Patrick Lee had an ankle injury, he was re-taped and returned. Atari Bigby had a hamstring and did not return.

AARON RODGERS

What personally did you take from being sacked so many times last year to playing well today?
Not very personally. I'm proud of the way we played today. I think our guys did a really nice job upfront. We had a couple sacks early on. In the second quarter, we just started getting things rolling.

You talked about getting things rolling, but it didn't happen till the second half?
Well, we had a big momentum swing there. We were up 10-3 and Tramon had a big-time pick and we were in the 2-minute mode and we were able to put that thing 17-3 going into halftime. Got the ball after halftime and scored to make it a three-score game. From there it was just kind of, run some time off the clock and our defense played great.

Talk about making plays yourself.
Yeah, i was joking with Jared Allen after the game that sometimes I just close my eyes and keep moving and make sure I have two hands on the ball. In that situation, I felt like there were some guys around me and i was able to get out of it. And once I got out I realized I was kind of clean and Greg made a great reactionary play to come back to the middle and we were able to get a touchdown.

GREG JENNINGS

That long one, what was that move you put on the defensive back?
You know, that's kind of crazy because I watched film the first time we played them and someone had put a move on him, kind of got him turned around like that in the previous game they had and it was kind of like deja vu all over again except I was the one with the ball.

After an 8-yard first quarter, what happened with the offense then?
Aaron ended up with 300 yards? We turned on who we were instead of playing into their hands and we started being more aggressive, trying to attack them vertically, which kind of opened things up for the running game and opened up the middle of the field a lot more. And guy just stepped up and started making plays.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 11-21-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Couple more individual notes for the game from what I saw with my choppy internet feed.

Rodgers - Looked spectacular. What else can you say? Accuracy, arm strength, avoiding pressure, smart plays.

Jackson - Bad running the ball, doesn't seem to get you need to go forward and not dance. Looked good catching and blocking; thought he would score on that one reception.

Nance - Deserves mention for looking like a workhorse out there. Considering Jackson's struggles and the Vikings expecting the run for a lot of his gains, very good performance.

OLine - Struggled early, settled down a bit after the 1st quarter.

Jones - Nice catch, no mistakes that I caught. Looks like a #1 when he doesn't screw up.

Jennings - The man. Really establishing chemistry with Rodgers.

Jenkins - Looked manly without the cast on.

Raji - Controlled the middle and looked good.

Matthews - Made some decent plays but mostly opened up for other guys.

Williams - Continues to look like a stud. That pick on the slant was a textbook example of how to play that. Also made some nice breakups and that one hit to jar out the ball was sexy for a corner.

Woodson - Dude plays the run and the ball as good as any corner out there. Loved the play he just grabbed the ball and wouldn't let go, even though he didn't get the strip there you get the ball 80% of the time on a play like that.

Best team effort of the year. I thought the punt return with Shield getting the reverse was too gimmicky, he's got ability but that slow developing, backwards play isn't going to work often in the NFL. Needs to just keep catching balls in practice and hopefully next year he can be a guy back there for us.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
jnkjnkjnkjn
You're not supposed to be posting full articles like that. Post a little part in a quote and then link.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
You're not supposed to be posting full articles like that. Post a little part in a quote and then link.
That was a press conference at the podium, not an article.
Can't those Q & A's be posted? I always thought so.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
That was a press conference at the podium, not an article.
Can't those Q & A's be posted? I always thought so.
I know, but still. Just post part of it and link.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

This guy is going to break the bank this off-season.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

The past 2 years I've been wondering this myself, why do we always choose to receive when winning the coin toss? We always seem to go 3 and out anways so why not start on defense?

Quote:
WHAT IF . . . For the first time as the head coach in Green Bay, Mike McCarthy chose to defer and play defense after winning the coin toss. We'll never know whether the first half would have unfolded any differently had he elected to receive instead of kick off. But what we do know for certain is that after the Packers scored a touchdown with 5 seconds left in the first half to make it 17-3, they got the ball to start the third quarter and drove 73 yards for another touchdown that essentially put the game out of reach at 24-3. "We're playing outstanding adversity defense and that's why we wanted to start our defense," McCarthy said. The coach said he started thinking on Friday about deferring if the Packers won the toss, "and the more I thought about it, the more it made sense."
Old 11-21-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

If you have an electric return man that's going to start you off with great field position then I like starting the game with the ball. Obviously we don't have that. Without that I'd chose to defer every single time.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:52 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
HAHAHAHA.

Although, I'm not sure if Rodgers or Favre's complete denial of being a joke this year look is better.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:58 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when I saw that on NFL.com I busted up. Rodgers smirk says it all
Old 11-22-2010, 04:36 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Rodgers is now on pace for 4150, 64%, 30 TD, 14 int.

Really made up some ground considering how bleh he looked earlier this year. And I'm sure I'll jynx it, but he has a lot of really juicy secondary matchups coming up. None of the teams we have left to play are really known for a great secondary.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 11-22-2010 at 04:44 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:27 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Rodgers is now on pace for 4150, 64%, 30 TD, 14 int.

Really made up some ground considering how bleh he looked earlier this year. And I'm sure I'll jynx it, but he has a lot of really juicy secondary matchups coming up. None of the teams we have left to play are really known for a great secondary.
True, but 3 or 4 of them have good pass rushes that present a challenge.

Check this out. Another stat that has us rated #1 in football.
Also, there are only 3 teams with more wins than us (8 to our 7). And we beat one of them, and we play the other 2 coming up.....

Check out the overall points scored/allowed:
  1. Green Bay +106
  2. Pittsburgh +70
  3. New Orleans +65
  4. Atlanta +64
  5. NY Jets +61
  6. Tennessee +59
  7. Philly +58
  8. Baltimore +55
  9. Indianapolis +52
  10. New England +47
  11. Chicago +45
  12. San Diego +42
  13. Kansas City +36
  14. NY Giants +33
  15. Oakland +15
  16. Tampa Bay +3
That's it for teams that have scored more than they've allowed on the season.

FYI the bottom 10 are:
  1. Carolina -135
  2. Arizona -104
  3. Buffalo -63
  4. San Francisco -59
  5. Minnesota -54
  6. Jacksonville -50
  7. Denver -49
  8. Seattle -48 (1st place in their division)
  9. Cincinnati -47
  10. Houston -43
  11. Washington -43
  12. Dallas -42
Old 11-22-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers need to slow down, or we'll make the entire NFC better.

First, we knock out Kevin Kolb. Vick came in...and look what happened.

Then, we get Wade Phillips fired. Jason Garrett takes over and the Cowboys are 2-0 since.

Now, we got Chilly fired. I can only assume the Vikings will improve under Frazier, because, well....they can't play any worse.

With games against the Falcons, Giants and Bears coming up, I feel like we should go easy on 'em or we'll turn 'em into world beaters.

:)
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote