Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a choke job by MN. Luke Ridner blows

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
This is why I hate the Lakers far more than the Heat..
good! glad to hear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
good! glad to hear it!
Excellent. Then we're in agreement.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Excellent. Then we're in agreement.
hey man, the Miami Heat are for ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL to hate...

.....except shiver of course.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Perhaps I'm forgetting, but weren't you a huge LeBron fan?
I was a HUGE LeBron fan, but then I became an actual Cleveland fan. Still cheer for them now. And when I watched the decision, that whole thing really pissed me off and I saw everything he's ever done in a whole new light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grant Hill just flopped to get Derrick his 6th foul in Double OT. Absolutely putrid call and a ***** move by a player I really respect.

Derrick screened out Hill so Korver could get a look and Grant went to the floor.

Oh well, up by 6 with 15 seconds left after being down by double digits the majority of the game.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
And when I watched the decision, that whole thing really pissed me off and I saw everything he's ever done in a whole new light.
I tried to tell you guys (along with STRIP), but you just wouldn't listen. :D

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

King Monta played like ****. Where is Evilnixon?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was a HUGE LeBron fan, but then I became an actual Cleveland fan. Still cheer for them now. And when I watched the decision, that whole thing really pissed me off and I saw everything he's ever done in a whole new light.
Eh, see, I just don't understand this line of thinking. How can you see everything he's done in a "new light" after he's left you? It sounds to me like you're just pissed because he left your team (which is fine) and not because he was always a douche and you just never realized it. If he said he was "taking his talents to crappy streets of Cleveland" you're telling me you wouldn't be defending him right now?

I just hate the justifications people try to use for disliking LeBron now. There were plenty of people who disliked LeBron before he left Cleveland. I just find it funny people are trying to make up excuses to dislike him like "he took the easy way out." or "I'm seeing him differently now because he decided not to play for my team!"

It's like all the Knicks fans who fapped to him 24/7 for two years straight and because he decided to go somewhere better he's a giant d-bag who we wouldn't want on this team. When in reality if he chose the Knicks everyone one of them would have done back flips and called the rest of the NBA fans crybabies or sore losers. It's pretty two faced.

That's what bothers me, not the fact that people dislike LeBron or the Heat (I don't like either of them, btw).

Anyways! Enough of the long/boring LeBron/Heat post. Toney Douglas is god damn amazing. Knicks are .500! WOO.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Lebron has definitely just always been a douche.

Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you Wolves. I hate my life.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Thank you Wolves. I hate my life.
Expecting a win? You lost to the Spurs.

Unrealistic expectations FTW! At least you made it competitive.

Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 12:46 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orlando beat the Heat. I just love the way that sounds. :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Expecting a win? You lost to the Spurs.

Unrealistic expectations FTW! At least you made it competitive.
We were up by at least 12 after each of the first three quarters. That's the third close loss to a quality team this year. I now know what it feels like to be a Bills fan this year.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:49 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Orlando beat the Heat. I just love the way that sounds. :D
What's wrong with Vince? Saw he didn't play tonight.

Oh and told ya so with Brandon Bass (or maybe it was MOTH). Dude is a beast.

Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 12:57 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
We were up by at least 12 after each of the first three quarters. That's the third close loss to a quality team this year. I now know what it feels like to be a Bills fan this year.
The 4th Quarter of the NBA is the most important period in all of sports. Crazy **** happens. If you can't execute in the 4th you're ******. We went through the same **** last year. Got up on teams and pissed down our legs in the 4th and it cost us multiple victories.

Most teams are defined by what they do in crunch time. The good ones come through and the bad ones don't.

Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 01:12 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Oh and told ya so with Brandon Bass (or maybe it was MOTH). Dude is a beast.
I've been trying to hype him up since he left Dallas. LOVE players like him, he's a really underrated player and I hope his minutes continue to climb.

Quote:
Eh, see, I just don't understand this line of thinking. How can you see everything he's done in a "new light" after he's left you? It sounds to me like you're just pissed because he left your team (which is fine) and not because he was always a douche and you just never realized it. If he said he was "taking his talents to crappy streets of Cleveland" you're telling me you wouldn't be defending him right now?

I just hate the justifications people try to use for disliking LeBron now. There were plenty of people who disliked LeBron before he left Cleveland. I just find it funny people are trying to make up excuses to dislike him like "he took the easy way out." or "I'm seeing him differently now because he decided not to play for my team!"

It's like all the Knicks fans who fapped to him 24/7 for two years straight and because he decided to go somewhere better he's a giant d-bag who we wouldn't want on this team. When in reality if he chose the Knicks everyone one of them would have done back flips and called the rest of the NBA fans crybabies or sore losers. It's pretty two faced.

That's what bothers me, not the fact that people dislike LeBron or the Heat (I don't like either of them, btw).

This is a great post and couldn't be more spot on, sad that some people don't see it.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:27 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:17 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's almost sad that the Wolves,after drafting and acquiring 600 point guards, are a point guard away from being a legit playoff team.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:27 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always been a big Bass fan...I actually wish he was starting. He's beasting this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I'm not sure you are familiar with how defense works.

How many points you score has no effect on whether your defense is good or bad. Just because you score 11 points more than you give up does not mean your defense isn't bad.

Just so you know, it doesn't matter what they are limiting their opponents to in terms of shooting %. They are still letting them score 100 ppg. That's not good. It's not terrible, but still, it's enough to complain about.

Now, that doesn't mean the Lakers aren't good. Anytime you score 11 ppg more than you give up you are going to be good. But that just means their offense is really good. But if you can't stop anyone from scoring, you are screwed if you offense has an off night.
I don't know what you don't understand about 42.8% from the field and 33.5% from 3 point land. Also, opponents are only getting to the free throw 23.1 times per game.

The reason why the Lakers give up more points per game is because they take more field goal attempts than the averag team, and there's more possessions to be had.

By your logic, Portland is a good defensive team because they only give up 96.6 points per game. However, opponents are shooting 46.5% from the field and 34.0% from three point land.

Finally, the Lakers are tied for 1st in the NBA in opponents points per shot at 1.14.

I don't know what else I have to prove. They are a good defensive team. They give up less free throw attempts than most teams despite having more defensive possessions, and they are tied for 1st in opponents per shot.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Anyways! Enough of the long/boring LeBron/Heat post. Toney Douglas is god damn amazing. Knicks are .500! WOO.
Well, saying everything was an exaggeration on my part. But let's look at the CHOSEN1 tattoo, for example. I knew he was unbelievably cocky when he was younger, but based on a lot of his actions in Cleveland, to me it looked like he had moved past that arrogance. He always clowned around with his teammates, in a way that someone with a major superiority complex wouldn't. Then, when he took an hour long primetime special to basically stab all of his loyal fans in the heart and jump on a major bandwagon in Miami, it showed me no, he hasn't changed, he's still a cocky bastard. There are more I can't think of right now, but that's a big one. Both "The Decision" which was unbelievable, I mean, think about it, and the choice to go to Miami. I actually would have respected him more if he went to NY. At least in NY, he and Stoudemire create a great duo to give us exciting matchups with them vs Bosh/Wade, the Celtics and the Magic. That would have been a competitive move. When Bosh and Wade joined up, honestly I kinda saw the writing on the wall. But I figured he'd join another star, not have the vagina necessary to go team up with 2 top 10 players. And the way it all went down was really douchebaggish. No one in the Cavs organization knew a thing until he said, "I'm gonna take my talents to South Beach." That whole event just showed me that everything(again, an exaggeration) I thought I knew about LeBron was a fabrication. He's a walking PR machine.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't like him because he took the easy way out, and I am a Wolves fan. Is that more legit?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I don't like him because he took the easy way out, and I am a Wolves fan. Is that more legit?
Taking the easy way out is big for me, too. For people who say "Oh there's no such thing as an easy way," I challenge you to name a way that is in any way less difficult than teaming up with 2 top 10 players.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Taking the easy way out is big for me, too. For people who say "Oh there's no such thing as an easy way," I challenge you to name a way that is in any way less difficult than teaming up with 2 top 10 players.
teaming up with the lakers :)

but i dont want him so lets not kid about that.

Quote: