Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-25-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish shoelace beats their ass.. old ******

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I wish shoelace beats their ass.. old ******
i do too, but the guy has got to stay healthy first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
TCU or Boise would definitely be the favorites to beat Ohio State this year.

That's also the most realistic Rose Bowl matchup at this point.

I don't think OSU will pass Wisconsin. I think if we see OSU beat Michigan they'll play in the Orange bowl, with the Sugar bowl taking TCU to play an SEC.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 11-25-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why would the Sugar take TCU over Ohio State? This doesn't make sense from the tendency of the BCS in the past to take the money drawing teams like OSU and Notre Dame as at-larges as soon as they get the chance.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
why would the Sugar take TCU over Ohio State? This doesn't make sense from the tendency of the BCS in the past to take the money drawing teams like OSU and Notre Dame as at-larges as soon as they get the chance.
cuz tcu is better than you guys.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But the Sugar would make a ******** more money from Ohio State ahead of TCU.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why they would, there's no benefit to having TCU. Worse ratings certainly. But a lot of the projections have the sugar bowl opting for TCU over Ohio State.

Works out for me. Florida traveling is easier/safer then New Orleans, and tickets to the Orange Bowl are much cheaper.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
But the Sugar would make a ******** more money from Ohio State ahead of TCU.
i know this, but i wanna see the best teams play. i could care less about how much money is made.

Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Like I've said before, it's not hard to get up for one game when you've played a bunch of patsies all year that don't really force you to use your depth and challenge you consistently.
This is completely assbackwards. If anything it is more tough to get up an face someone after facing a bunch of nobodies. It is a lot tougher to deal with when you get punched back by someone your own size.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
i know this, but i wanna see the best teams play. i could care less about how much money is made.
That's great. When you get named to the Sugar Bowl committee, maybe they'll care about what you have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
This is completely assbackwards. If anything it is more tough to get up an face someone after facing a bunch of nobodies. It is a lot tougher to deal with when you get punched back by someone your own size.
It's tougher when you have to play your players for all four quarters. It takes a bigger toll on both your starters and your depth players to play for four quarters against a solid football team than it does to play your starters for a half against the Little Sisters of the Poor.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I already hated Ohio State before. Now I hate it with an even bigger passion.

So, I'm gonna say it for the millionth time: there's no point in playing in a contest you can't win. We want playoffs, and we want it now.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
That's great. When you get named to the Sugar Bowl committee, maybe they'll care about what you have to say.
Maybe when you get a better attitude ill care about what you have to say.

Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

My sincerest apologies for telling the truth. No one gives a flying **** what you want unless you're going to be putting money in their pocket.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
My sincerest apologies for telling the truth. No one gives a flying **** what you want unless you're going to be putting money in their pocket.
ill give em a couple bucks if they pick the right games.

Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
ill give em a couple bucks if they pick the right games.
A couple bucks =/= millions of bucks. The Sugar Bowl would make more money putting Notre Dame against Michigan than it would off of Boise State against TCU. They don't give a rat's ass about who the team du jour is. In the end, money decides who goes. If you're trying to make money and you take TCU or Boise over Ohio State or, say, Alabama, you are officially a dumbass. The BCS people may be stubborn and arrogant, but they know how to make money.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
A couple bucks =/= millions of bucks. The Sugar Bowl would make more money putting Notre Dame against Michigan than it would off of Boise State against TCU. They don't give a rat's ass about who the team du jour is. In the end, money decides who goes. If you're trying to make money and you take TCU or Boise over Ohio State or, say, Alabama, you are officially a dumbass. The BCS people may be stubborn and arrogant, but they know how to make money.
well i dont want it to be BSU vs TCU....they need to play different opponents.

I understand your point man im not arguing that. As a college football fan im sure you see where im coming from when i say i just want to see the best football possible.

Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
well i dont want it to be BSU vs TCU....they need to play different opponents.

I understand your point man im not arguing that. As a college football fan im sure you see where im coming from when i say i just want to see the best football possible.
I don't think there's a sane person under the age of 30 that doesn't want a playoff. You're just looking at way too many old-money school presidents and other assorted rich dudes that prefer making a buttload of money than seeing the best football available, though I'd argue that a playoff would increase their profits tenfold.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think there's a sane person under the age of 30 that doesn't want a playoff.
I'm 28 and I don't want a playoff. Not sure if I'm sane.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's been said before that Ohio State and USC (or the Rose Bowl in general) are the people that benefit the most from the system the way it is.
I also agree that a correctly (keyword) implemented playoff could make them a lot more money. I just think people like Gee don't want the Boise States, or Utahs (until next year), or even Appalachian State, should they ever move up to FBS, taking money from the Big Ten or Pac-10 by having Boise State or TCU take playoff spots from Ohio State or Stanford.
On a sidenote, I think the reason the SEC wants a playoff so much is that they know that they stand to gain a lot. They could easily get 2 teams in every year and with their success in BCS games, they could have their teams playing 4 games on a playoff instead of 2 with the BCS.
The BCS has built a system where the big conferences can create a huge cash pie for themselves, and they don't have to share with anyone but themselves. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Also, I'm under 30, am not sane in any way, shape or form, and want a playoff. I like 12 team better, but 8's fine too.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want playoffs. I love the BCS.

Fo realz
Old 11-25-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I am a Michigan and Michigan State fan first and foremost so I do know what I'm talking about.
How is that even possible?
Old 11-26-2010, 09:26 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If BSU got an invite to the Big 10 i bet you they would take it...
So you're allowed to make claims without any proof but the guy you shot down above (regarding Miami beating Nevada) is not? You must go to BSU, your education is starting to show.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So TCU beats the **** out of freakin' Utah and that's how we know they're better than teams like Ohio State and Wisconsin and all the other big boys who consistently win 10 games a year? Under Tressel the Buckeyes have rolled every team they've played OOC games that aren't of equal talent. Kansas State, OK State, Notre Dame - and they were each favorites against the Bucks believe it or not. That's not to mention Miami this year and Washington State PAC Ten champs in 02.

Unfortunately the BCS selection process isn't about the best teams going, it's about money. We could have an NC State vs Pittsburgh Orange Bowl and undfeated TCU could be in some December Bowl playing a lousy midmajor.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 11-26-2010 at 10:47 AM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
So TCU beats the **** out of freakin' Utah and that's how we know they're better than teams like Ohio State and Wisconsin and all the other big boys who consistently win 10 games a year?
1 - Both BSU, TCU and Utah have had 9+ wins seasons for a while now.

2 - TCU beat Utah who was #5 at the time by a 40-point margin on the road. OSU and Wisconsin beat average teams by a couple of TD's.

Plus, I freaking hope Denard beats the hell out of OSU this week.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
1 - Both BSU, TCU and Utah have had 9+ wins seasons for a while now.

2 - TCU beat Utah who was #5 at the time by a 40-point margin on the road. OSU and Wisconsin beat average teams by a couple of TD's.

Plus, I freaking hope Denard beats the hell out of OSU this week.
1-This was against the likes of Idaho, Fresno State, New Mexico, Nevada, etc.....not Michigan State, Michigan, Iowa, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, etc.

2-Utah was #5 at the time b/c they beat a bunch of sorry midmajors and then got beat the following week by a terrible, injury-bitten Notre Dame team. They aren't even one of the 30 best teams in the country.

Boise State and TCU can complain all they want about getting left out. They have nothing to complain about playing teams like that. Join a big boy conference, until then just be grateful that the BCS Bowls are actually taking you at all.