Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is James Harden your favorite player?
Yes 63 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember the stud Felton was at UNC. It's too bad it took him this long to show his true promise.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's very telling about Felton that Charlotte is awful this season.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charlotte overachieved last year and they got worse at PG and C. So I'm not too surprised by them being awful this year. But T2 is finally having a good season.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Charles Barkely nailed the Heat's problems, particularly the bad habits LeBron James picked up in Cleveland. And Kenny is right, for the Heat to succeed Wade needs to cede to LeBron James. The Heat's worst lineup thus far has been when Wade and James have been on the court together.
Not like anybody saw this coming or anything.

Wade really needs to work on his outside shooting. He's still the exact same player he was in the beginning of his career, he hasn't developed any other aspect of his game whatsoever.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 11-25-2010 at 09:26 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Charles Barkely nailed the Heat's problems, particularly the bad habits LeBron James picked up in Cleveland. And Kenny is right, for the Heat to succeed Wade needs to cede to LeBron James. The Heat's worst lineup thus far has been when Wade and James have been on the court together.
Good luck getting Wade to come off the bench.

Also... Lebron over dribbles. And the heat take too many mid range jumpers.

They're close to last in the league in points in the paint
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's the thing: none of these guys ever had to develop other aspects of their game before. They can't even execute basics like cutting to the rim when you are off the ball. The Heat lead the league in long 2 point shots, which is horrible when you have the kind of (potential) firepower they have. Some of that comes to the players, but I can't imagine Pat Riley couldn't get much more out of this team.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blake Griffin is going to start pulling away from John Wall to be the clear cut rookie of the year.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's the thing: none of these guys ever had to develop other aspects of their game before. They can't even execute basics like cutting to the rim when you are off the ball. The Heat lead the league in long 2 point shots, which is horrible when you have the kind of (potential) firepower they have. Some of that comes to the players, but I can't imagine Pat Riley couldn't get much more out of this team.
I tried to avoid the Kobe/Lebron debate as much as possible last season (and during this offseason) but this is why Kobe is so clearly the best player in the game.

Can he drive to the basket on every possession on a bad team? No, not anymore. But he's developed in almost every aspect of his game since he's been in the NBA. Not having to develop other skills is a poor excuse, because it opens up the things you do well so, so, so much more.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Blake Griffin is going to start pulling away from John Wall to be the clear cut rookie of the year.
I agree. He's a beast.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I tried to avoid the Kobe/Lebron debate as much as possible last season (and during this offseason) but this is why Kobe is so clearly the best player in the game.

Can he drive to the basket on every possession on a bad team? No, not anymore. But he's developed in almost every aspect of his game since he's been in the NBA. Not having to develop other skills is a poor excuse, because it opens up the things you do well so, so, so much more.
he also knows the triangle better than Euclid himself. Kobe has had games where he hasn't been able to go even half-speed, and he can still carry a team. You nick up any of the aforementioned Heat players and they suck. (See Cleveland/Boston game 5) There is literally nothing that any basketball player in the league can do with a basketball that Kobe cannot. Turnaround's, floaters, three's, fadeaways, midrange jumpers. You name it, Kobe can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:

But that's why the comparison is always awkward to me. We've seen Kobe develop and mature. We haven't seen LeBron's peak yet. He's improved his defense and shooting in the past two seasons to raise his game to an MVP level. He is 25 years old and now has to adapt to playing on talented teams. It has been slower than most thought, but would you really bet that he won't figure it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I agree. He's a beast.
I would still take John Wall every day and twice on Sunday.

Old 11-25-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
But that's why the comparison is always awkward to me. We've seen Kobe develop and mature. We haven't seen LeBron's peak yet. He's improved his defense and shooting in the past two seasons to raise his game to an MVP level. He is 25 years old and now has to adapt to playing on talented teams. It has been slower than most thought, but would you really bet that he won't figure it out?

That's the great enigma about Lebron James. Is he truly focused on improving all aspects of his game like Kobe and MJ were? I have the same questions with Lebron that I do with Dwight Howard. Are they more concerned with improving as basketball players, or are they concerned with the status symbol of being a "superstar"? I honestly don't know the answer at this point.

Shaq was the exact same way. That's actually who Lebron reminds me of the most. Shaq was blessed with possibly the greatest skillset to ever grace the NBA, but he never truly reached his potential because he never put the work in. His talents, however, were so ridiculous that it didn't matter.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I really dont think Lebron has the work ethic. He seems to have the mentality that its all suppose to be easy.

However, it took MJ and Kobe a couple years to mature, so maybe thats what its going to take, but idk about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I really dont think Lebron has the work ethic. He seems to have the mentality that its all suppose to be easy.

However, it took MJ and Kobe a couple years to mature, so maybe thats what its going to take, but idk about him.
It took MJ and Kobe time to mature, but work ethic and dedication was never a question with them. The second they took the floor in the NBA, they started changing their games. They went from high-flying, iso-ball dunkers to guys who could do it all in a relatively short amount of time.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It took MJ and Kobe time to mature, but work ethic and dedication was never a question with them. The second they took the floor in the NBA, they started changing their games. They went from high-flying, iso-ball dunkers to guys who could do it all in a relatively short amount of time.
I agree, and like i said....i dont see the work ethic in lebron. He doesnt seem to have the same mentality that MJ had and Kobe has.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree, and like i said....i dont see the work ethic in lebron. He doesnt seem to have the same mentality that MJ had and Kobe has.
Since when do you have to act like an asshole/cutthroat player to have work ethic? Everything I've heard about LeBron is he has really good work ethic. His jump shot and free throw shooting have both come a long way since he came into the league. He's also become immensely good as a passer. Also a much better defender.

You guys are acting like he's done nothing since come into the league. He's improved in a ton of areas.

I'm sure he'll need to improve in his ability to move off the ball and will do so in time.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All great NBA stars have to have a very good work ethic to get that far. LeBron has improved his weaknesses very well. The problem was that they got 3 players who play 1 on 1 most of the time. They need an offense to work with and to move without the ball. One other thing Miami could use is a good passing point guard who can bring them together.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Since when do you have to act like an asshole/cutthroat player to have work ethic? Everything I've heard about LeBron is he has really good work ethic. His jump shot and free throw shooting have both come a long way since he came into the league. He's also become immensely good as a passer. Also a much better defender.

You guys are acting like he's done nothing since come into the league. He's improved in a ton of areas.

I'm sure he'll need to improve in his ability to move off the ball and will do so in time.
His jump shot is horrendous....Id let Lebron shot jumpers on me all day.

The guy is just immature and he comes off as a guy who doesnt feel like he needs to work.

Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
His jump shot is horrendous....Id let Lebron shot jumpers on me all day.

The guy is just immature and he comes off as a guy who doesnt feel like he needs to work.
You know these things how? I'd love proof other than your own speculation and "feelings" about it. Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson always would rave about LeBron off the court, as well as his work ethic, during every Cavs game.

Also, if you don't think he's improved his jump shot I don't know what to tell you. It was horrendous his first couple years. And he was an awful free throw shooter. Improved in both areas. Clearly he's not an amazing jump shooter but to say he hasn't improve is absurd.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
You know these things how? I'd love proof other than your own speculation and "feelings" about it. Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson always would rave about LeBron off the court, as well as his work ethic, during every Cavs game.

Also, if you don't think he's improved his jump shot I don't know what to tell you. It was horrendous his first couple years. And he was an awful free throw shooter. Improved in both areas. Clearly he's not an amazing jump shooter but to say he hasn't improve is absurd.
i didnt say he hasnt improved but for as long as he has been in the league it just seems like it could be much better if he really WANTED it to be.

How the **** do any of us know how his work ethic is? But IMO lebron comes off as a guy that doesnt have the work ethic....thats all im sayin.

Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So since Mayo got benched in Memphis, maybe the Bulls should push for him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So since Mayo got benched in Memphis, maybe the Bulls should push for him.
thatd be a great pick up for them.

Why was mayo benched?

Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:

if they didn't they'd get fired.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
thatd be a great pick up for them.

Why was mayo benched?
He really doesn't fit on a team like Memphis, and he isn't shooting very well for them this year. He would be perfect on a team in dire need of a shooting guard though (Hornets, Bulls, Nets).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
i didnt say he hasnt improved but for as long as he has been in the league it just seems like it could be much better if he really WANTED it to be.

How the **** do any of us know how his work ethic is? But IMO lebron comes off as a guy that doesnt have the work ethic....thats all im sayin.
And to me he comes off as a guy who does have work ethic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
if they didn't they'd get fired.
Haha, maybe. They seem pretty genuine about it though.