Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 10-25-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forum Mock update:

I traded down 9 picks in the 1st and 3rd rounds with the Giants to pick up Mathias Kiwanuka.

With the 31st pick, I took Marcus Cannon of TCU. I figure he can man one guard spot or RT...or maybe even LT. Who knows....the versatility helps us.

In the 2nd round, I took C Mike Brewster of Ohio State. Replaces Kreutz immediately and should help the shittiness of our o-line.

Then in the 3rd round, I traded Tommie Harris and my late 3rd to the Colts for their mid-3rd and took Drake Nevis. Fell due to his size and uselessness in a 3-4, should be great for us.

Would have liked to get a corner somewhere at some point....the o-line still needs more help......but I did what I could.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-26-2010, 12:47 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other than being completely unrealistic, it was fine. Lots of trading...

Wait, who is our new GM? Didn't you say you had us hiring Chucky? Marginally more sense now.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:51 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unrealistic trading happens in forum mocks...just something to deal with.

And I am the new GM. Muahahahah....muahahahah!!!!!

...and I feel like I'd probably do better than a number of actual ones...
Old 10-26-2010, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant fault you for getting almost no value for tommie, but still it hurts to see him plummet so far. I like what you've done there.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:59 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
I cant fault you for getting almost no value for tommie, but still it hurts to see him plummet so far. I like what you've done there.
Yeah, he's a grossly overpaid rotational tackle at this point. Getting anything for him would be a miracle. He'll probably be cut because no one wants his salary in reality...
Old 10-26-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I was surprised someone took his salary AND let you move up in the third round.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Yeah, I was surprised someone took his salary AND let you move up in the third round.
If we were to just cut him, I guarantee a bunch of teams try to pick him up to try to revive him. It'll be at a much lower salary though...
Old 10-30-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started looking at mocks today. For most of them my response was "Meh. Ok. I guess." Unfortunately, we have so many needs that I can't get too worked up. Obviously, the dream is a stud on the O-line. However, if we use our first round pick on anything not on the below list, I'll be ok:

No small wideout.
No in-the-box strong safety.
No undersized corner.
No DE unless his name is "Adam Clayborn."
No weakside linebacker.
No halfback.
No tight end.
Obviously, no FB/P/K.

Last edited by Monomach : 10-30-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I assume you meant Adrian Clayborn...he would be nice. As would Robert Quinn. Either guy across from Peppers would be studly...wouldn't help out o-line, but we could make worse picks.

I'm hoping one of two things now: We turn things around and make the playoffs, or we suck really badly so that everyone gets fired. I don't want to see us lose, but if we must, I'd rather it be badly enough that we get some new ******* coaches and a new GM than to be mediocre yet again, miss the playoffs, and return with the same BS next year. Know what I mean?
Old 10-30-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has to be WR or OL in the 1st.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
It has to be WR or OL in the 1st.
FS, CB, UT are all needed just as much as that #1 WR.

Quote:
I assume you meant Adrian Clayborn...he would be nice. As would Robert Quinn. Either guy across from Peppers would be studly...wouldn't help out o-line, but we could make worse picks.
Yeah, I meant Adrian. Durr. Not sure what the hell I was thinking there.

As for Quinn, I can't abide spending a first round pick on a guy who won't play a down this season...especially when it looks like we're headed for 6-10 and a top ten pick. Who knows how crappy he'll be by the time next season comes along? He looked incredible, but he could be Mike Williams'd.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
FS, CB, UT are all needed just as much as that #1 WR.

Yeah, I meant Adrian. Durr. Not sure what the hell I was thinking there.

As for Quinn, I can't abide spending a first round pick on a guy who won't play a down this season...especially when it looks like we're headed for 6-10 and a top ten pick. Who knows how crappy he'll be by the time next season comes along? He looked incredible, but he could be Mike Williams'd.
You cant compare a FS and CB in a zone D to a #1 WR.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
You cant compare a FS and CB in a zone D to a #1 WR.
Problem is, Floyd, Baldwin and Jones all have flaws to their game that have me turned off to them more in the mid first round. And we've already won too many games to be in contention for AJ Green.

And we don't really need to worry about S....none have a real first round value imo. Now if we had a shot at say, an Amukamara with no worthwhile o-lineman available, he'd be damn hard to pass on.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be interesting to see if Nick Fairley keeps rising. He looks like everything Tommie Harris used to be and will really help out in the pass rush and against the run.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would think Fairley and Amukamara are virtual locks if either one is on the board for us. I wish they played offensive line and receiver but they are seemingly 2 of the more "cant miss" players this year.

Anyone think Mike Pouncey (as a guard) has 1st round value for us? I dont want an OK tackle in the 14-20 range only because the importance of that position. Not again, at least.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

The only o-lineman I'd take in the 14-20 range right now is Sherrod. If he works out well, due to the lack of any other real competition as true LTs, he could go higher than that.

Pouncey doesn't even look like a first round value. He makes for a rather lousy center and isn't as good as his brother. Probably a 2nd round G.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st rd: Anthony Castonzo OT BC
2nd rd: Kristofer O'Dowd C USC
3rd rd: Jalil Brown CB Colorado
4th rd: Stanley Havili FB USC

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Nay to Castonzo...not a fan. I watched him vs. VT and he got owned by Steven Friday. Not only with speed moves (Castonzo looked like he had lead feet that game) but also by just driving him back too. I think I'd prefer Love, Carimi or Cannon to him. Sherrod as a true LT is also a possibility, but I think he'll end up going very high with good workouts as the only legit looking LT prospect.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as OL is a need, I would love grabbing a #1 reciever in the draft. It is deep enough at the position where we may be able to nab a talented guy wherever we are picking. Especially with how weak the OL this up coming draft. The other positions I wouldn't mind seeing in the 1st are at DE/DT or CB depending on the value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

Michael Floyd and injuries or Jonathon Baldwin and route running? I say Floyd right now since his injuries aren't terrible repeated season enders like say Denario Alexanders.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
Michael Floyd and injuries or Jonathon Baldwin and route running? I say Floyd right now since his injuries aren't terrible repeated season enders like say Denario Alexanders.
Floyd. Just a flat out better player IMO.

My thinking now is Marcus Cannon. Would we take a OG over a potential #1 WR. I don't think any OT is worth even a late 1st. I'm liking Carimi more and more though. He's a no brainer in the 2nd. Also I like Tolliver in the mid rounds if we don't go WR early.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Floyd. Just a flat out better player IMO.

My thinking now is Marcus Cannon. Would we take a OG over a potential #1 WR. I don't think any OT is worth even a late 1st. I'm liking Carimi more and more though. He's a no brainer in the 2nd. Also I like Tolliver in the mid rounds if we don't go WR early.
Sherrod at LT is going to be a top 15 type of player. He's the only guy I see playing and succeeding long term at LT in the pros, and the lack of anyone elite at the position will push him up.

Love should also be a late first rounder based on versatility (LT, RT and RG all in the same game before iirc, definitely both tackles spots.) Someone we could really use, like Cannon, for versatility sake.

Carimi as a pretty standard RT I think is a late first rounder.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Scott is posting his new mock today. What is everyones guess?

Im going with Derek Sherrod.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Scott is posting his new mock today. What is everyones guess?

Im going with Derek Sherrod.
I hope so. Reiff would be fine as well if Scott decides to include him. Not a big fan of Castonzo myself, I've seen him get beat by speed moves too much for me like him at LT, and I think there are better options for a RT.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

Floyd-1st
O'Dowd-2nd
Herzlich-3rd
Ziemba-4th
Marecic-5th

Thoughts?