Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 11-22-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
And who was a Jags believer? This guy! YFS'll vouch for me!

Looks like the Titans are about to go on a nose dive, and the Texans are two games back. It's up to you guys to take down the evil that is Peyton Manning and the Colts. No longer shall they darken our doorstep! No longer shall we shake in fear Sunday morning! No longer shall they cast a shadow across our AFC South land! It is time to rise, yonder Jaguars! Arise and take hold of your destiny!

Haha!

Hahahahahahahaha!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
That will require the Titans tanking the game in two weeks.

I know I can count on you to do what must be done, TitanHope.

I know I can count on you.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:23 AM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I was posting this in reply to a really misinformed mock draft but then figured it became waaaay too long, so I just decided to post it here to get y'all's feedback. If we can perfect this, we can just copy/paste it whenever some ignorant mock drafter has us drafting a WR in the 1st and a RB in the second.

DISCLAIMER -- Remember boys and girls. GM Gene drafts BAP. He loves trading down and hates trading up. He loves big over small. He loves polished and mature over immature and projects. He loves motors and never quit attitudes over players that give up. He has a history of taking seniors and captains. FINALLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, he loves BAP... wait, did I already say that? Anyway, remember this when reading the analysis, because what I've outlined is perceived need, not BAP. If an amazing OT was available every time the Jags picked, I fully expect (and you should too) that GM Gene will either draft the player or find someone willing to trade up so that he can acquire more draft picks. THE KEY IDEA IS YOU TAKE THE BEST PLAYER AND FIND A WAY TO PLAY THEM.

TEEM NEED EXPLANATIONS:
QB: Garrard is mercurial. He is fire and ice. When he is on, he is ON. When he is off, well you get the gist. Garrard has played very well though for most of the season. His contract still has as least 3 years on it. The problem is he is old and the Jags have no QB prospects on the roster (all apologies to McCown and Edwards). The Jaguars haven't drafted a QB since 2004 and that is a major issue. GM Gene is on record as saying that they want a QB and that this is a very strong QB draft. He has made moves to acquire more picks and has stated that while he doesn't like trading up, a QB is something that he would trade up for. Summation...
Jags need a future franchise caller.

RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, no comment. Rashad Jennings is a good change of pace back. He's got good size and can pound out the yards. He also has great hands out of the backfield. His issues seem to come with indecision. Deji Karim, a 6th rounder last year, is the primary KR and can spell MoJo at any time. He's build just like MoJo, 5'8" 200lbs and runs just as hard and may be faster.
Running back is good.

FB: Montell Owens is a ST ace and a capable blocker. Brock Bolen showed some running ability in the preseason and has the ability to block. Greg Jones was thought to be trending downward but in the last few games has shown renewed vigor and when he plays well, he plays VERY well. They have also started to reincorporate Jones into the offensive play selection.
FB is good.

WR: MSW is a good WR. He has sure hands and good athletic ability. His problem? He can't stay healthy and disappears at times. Mike Thomas is a very good receiver with extremely good hands and a great build for YAC. He might be the best receiver on the team. Kassim Osgood has OK hands and decent athletic ability. He mainly is on the team for ST, as he is a Pro Bowler in that regard. Jarrett Dillard has exceptional route running and hands, but he has landed on IR for the last 2 years and cannot stay healthy. Tiquan Underwood has great speed and good height, but lacks bulk and consistent hands. The last WR spot is always rotational. Currently on the WR block- Jason Hill, John Matthews, Clarence Denmark, and Nate Hughes.
Jaguars need a consistent 3rd WR.

TE: Jaguars have a very good TE corps. Marcedes Lewis is one of, if not the best, combo TE's. He is a top 5 blocker and a top 10 receiver. He is currently 2nd in the NFL with TD grabs. Zach Miller is a QB turned TE. He has great athleticism and very good hands. He just needs to learn TE just a bit more and improve his blocking. Zach Potter is a pure blocking TE. He has massive size. Needs to improve his catching. This is an ascending group. PS has Mike Caussin who offers intriguing upside.
The TE's are good.

OT: Eugene Monroe and Eben Britton are the building blocks of the offensive line. Currently, Monroe is farther ahead than Britton, especially now that Britton is on IR. Britton is considered a better run blocker and Monroe is consider a better pass blocker. The backups aren't much to speak of, but Black has held his own so far in Britton's place. Haslem has good size and upside. Both Terry (former 2nd rounder) and Whimper (former 4th rounder) are journeyman types. The PS has Baldridge, who offers massive size, which you just cannot teach. A Colliereqsue project.
The Jaguars could use a solid OT to push Monroe and Britton to new heights or to supplant them.

OG: The Jaguars have an aging interior line. The Jaguars currently have 3 G's on their roster. 30 y.o. Manuwai, 29 y.o. Smiley and 26 y.o. Nwaneri. Manuwai, in his prime, is one of the most dominating run blockers in the league, but has been hobbled by his knee injury from 2 years ago. Smiley was a very good starter for SF and Miami, but has since been slowed by injuries and was recently beaten out of the OG position by Manuwai. Nwaneri just recently received a contract extension and plays the pass and the run both equally well. The Jaguars have no players on IR or the PS currently.
The Jaguars need some new blood here desperately.

C: The Jaguars currently have one true center on the team, Brad Meester. He is 33 y.o. and as of last year, was not playing very well. This year he has had a slight resurgence and is playing pretty well for the most part. Nwaneri was in a battle for the starting C position with Meester and might be the heir apparent. The Jags currently have Brad Vierling on the IR and John Estes on the PS. Both have some upside.
The Jags need a new center to be at the very least Meester's replacement when age catches up to him.

DE: The Jaguars have exponentially improved their pass rush since last year. The recent emergence (held back by injuries) of Jeremy Mincey has really helped. Harvey, once a 1st round pick, has been relegated to the bench and a rotational role as his production hasn't improved since his rookie year. Kampman was the best signing the Jaguars have ever made on defense and was playing great until blowing out his previously uninjured knee. Austen Lane offers good size and a tenacious motor. Larry Hart has exceptional physical ability but needs to work on his bulk and technique in order to compensate for his lack of size. UDFA Aaron Morgan has good size and athletic ability, but needs to work on his bulk. He seems to have a very high ceiling.
The Jaguars are extremely young at DE. They could probably stand to add at least another talented player into the mix.

DT: The Jaguars spent 3 picks in the last 2 drafts on DTs. Knighton and Alualu seem to be the real deal and have proven to be a very effective starting duo. D'Anthony Smith was placed on IR during training camp, but looked good up until his injury, the fear here is that he may have lost his explosion because it was an Achilles injury. Behind the three picks, there is UDFA Leger Douzable and UDFA Nate Collins. Douzable has played decently in rotational action and Collins hasn't played yet, but seems to offer potential. C.J. Mosley is also in the mix, but has yet to play. 2nd year man Dre Moore is on the PS and has intriguing size and physical skills.
Behind Knighton and Alualu, the Jags face a uncertainty. The Jags could stand to draft another massive man to backup Knighton, as Smith seems to complement Alualu.

LB: So far this year, the LB's have been average. Daryl Smith is the only player that I can say is safe in the LB corps. Smith is a consistent player who is plays well and consistently. Kirk Morrison seems to be slower than advertised but hasn't been really awful. Justin Durant has all of the physical ability in the world, but needs to put it together on the field mentally. Cutrera offers upside with good size and speed. Allen has average size and speed but makes up for it with great instincts and awareness. PS has Alvin Bowen, an undersized LB and Slade, who I admittedly know nothing about. IR has Bosworth, Smith and Keiaho. Bosworth and Smith offering the most upside of that group.
The Jaguars need another playmaking LB. The LB's are cross-trained, so the best 3 should be on the field at any time.

CB: Mathis is an aging CB who, in his prime, offered shut down coverage, but has recently been very susceptible in the passing game. Cox started the season off poorly and was understandably benched. He has since been reaffirmed as the starter and has played very well. He is the best tackler in the secondary in terms of wrapping up. The rest of the CB's are Wheatley, Jones and Middleton. Middleton seems to have overtaken Jones in the Nickel set and offers upside. Jones, while being burned by Manning, played alright and has tons of physical talent. Wheatley could be the next Scott Starks, as he has amazing speed, small size, and is plagued by injuries. McGhee is a pure returner and would only get PT if the defensive secondary was ravaged by injuries.
The Jags need a true #1 CB or at least a very good #2. They cannot compete in the AFC South without a strong coverage group.

S: This is an intriguing group. Courtney Greene and Don Carey are the current starters. Greene has played pretty well in his starting tenure and has only had a few mental lapses on his resume so far, which is understandable considering its his first year starting. Don Carey has all the physical tools you could ask for, but seems to have issues wrapping up and has had some mental lapses, again, which is OK for a rookie (basically). If both continue to improve, this group could really have a whole different feel to it than at the beginning of the season. The backups are Seansidine, a perinial backup, and Brackenridge, a jack-of-all-trades type player. Only Brackenridge offers real upside. This group is better for having gotten rid of Nelson. Michael Hamlin is currently on the practice squad and offers some upside. Terrell Whitehead is a small school UDFA who offers intriguing size and speed.
The team would not be hurt by adding more players to the mix here. The biggest hole is at FS though, which means the Jags could look for a true center fielder.

K:Scobee has been red hot this year. Minus the Texans game, he hasn't missed.
Kicker is good.

P: People complain, but Podlesh is being asked to directional punt. Just look at the return yards and the number of fair catches.
Punter is good. You don't draft punters either.

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's still a lot of work to do on this roster.

QB is a given. They'll take one, and they'll take him early, even if it's considered a "reach" by everyone else.

TBH, I wouldn't mind drafting a replacement for MSW (not in the first round, though). I think he's garbage, inconsistent, and held together with spit and band aids.

O-line still needs massive help. If a good tackle prospect falls, I wouldn't be surprised to see them kick Britton inside to guard. It might be a better position for him anyways, as he was really struggling with speed rushers before he went down. And he has short arms.

DE, S, and CB...not much that needs to be said there haha. They really just need to blow up the secondary and start all over again. I'm still intrigued by the idea of Cox playing safety.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on MSW. I think he is a fine WR, albeit not necessarily a #1. His biggest issue is injuries, which does not speak for the talent of the player.

I agree on the OT. Tackles are usually considered better prospects anyway in terms of sheer talent and athleticism. I remember when Britton was drafted, the biggest knock was his short arms. He's got the fire to be a road grader though.

I don't think you plug Cox in at safety unless you find a replacement at CB. CB's are harder to find than safeties (obviously). Granted, if we found 2 CB's to replace Mathis and Cox, I think Cox could be a great FS. He's got some of the best form tackling I've ever seen in the secondary (on defense in general actually, all things considered) and rarely misses a tackle. He's also got the ability to play center field.

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice list.

Yeah, I actually like MSW. He's not as good as I thought, but I like him still. If a BAP WR fell in a high round I wouldn't hesitate to take one. That's just given from the fact that aside from MSW and Mike Thomas, the Jaguars don't have all that much.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 11-24-2010, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Aurawolf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am not sure Wideout is a huge need, we get Dillard back next season and if he can stay healthy we willbe ok.
QB is without a questions something we need to draft regardless if Garrard is here next year or not we need youth there.
Interior of the Oline could be upgraded but Manuwai seems to be getting back to form, Meester will need a replacement but we might already have that person on IR.
I wouldn't mind adding a quality tackle but don't forget Britton has been playing with back issues and then the shoulder all year, I think if he is all healed up he will improve.
TE and RB i agree with Linebacker, we are pretty much set there as long as we resign Marcedes.
On the Dline line it would be nice to add a quality DE to the mix, Lane has all kinds of potential, Mincey I don't think he will ever be a dominate pass rusher but he is a great rotation guy, I think Hart will improve but I don't think he will ever be an everydown DE in a 4-3 defense, Harvey will likely be gone at the end of this year and Kampman willbe back I am sure of that next season but you want to have a backup plan.
On the DT I agree with Linebacker here too, Knighton and Alualu are starting to look dominate in games and I think that will only get better, so depth would be nice for us but that is it.
LBers we will need to draft a solid linebacker, the only faily consistent one currently is Daryl Smith, Morrison and Durant have flashed but not enough.
DBs I was hoping Mathis would light it up this year but it looks like he is going the wrong way so corner should be high on the needs list. Derek Cox is still solid and will make a great #2 corner or a solid #1 but I would like to see him stay in the #2 role. Safety, as much as I like Greene we need both of the safety postions fixed. Carey didn't look that bad last game but in previous ones he has looked about as lost as you can be on the field. Greene doesn't do coverage well and while he doesn't shy away from contact he also isn't a great tackler.

Last edited by Aurawolf : 11-24-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Aurawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

1st off on Kampman there is no reason for me to believe that he can't come back to full next season although he will be a year older we do have him for 3 more seasons and he did come back to full after tearing his other ACL last year. Im not really confident that Mincey or Derrick Harvey will ever be more than what they are now. Harvey could possibly be off the team next season and be somewhere else. Gene got a draft pick for Groves he can get one for Harvey. I could possibly see us get a DE probably not one people would expect since that seems to be our thing.

Alualu and Knighton is the best part of our defense and will definitely anchor our defense for the next 10 years. I think our LB corps is probably a little above average I think we could get better at LB.

Our WRs are set for a while, with Zach Miller and Marcedes Lewis we'll be set for a while on offense we might need some interior O-Lineman but other than that were pretty set.

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
GatorsBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

lame

Good

MJD. He's on a roll

Bad

Run defense. Allowed too high a ypc.

Garrard. Played poorly in the 2nd half

Ugly

O-line. They collapsed in the fourth quarter

Pass defense. again. Cover the goddamn TE, and stop passing off guys underneath. I swear to ******* god, all the big plays the Jaguars give up

Play calling, on both sides. They kept calling screens after they weren't working. Also, on the game winning touchdown, I ******* KNEW that Eli was going to throw to Boss for the TD. I called it. The Jaguars have never been a good blitzing team, and you're just gonna not cover Boss, who has burnt you all game? What the ****, JDR?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 11-28-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good game guys. I was impressed with a lot of what you did and MJD is just so much sex. like, really a lot of sex.
as is courtney "the tackling machine" greene
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
lame

Good

MJD. He's on a roll

Bad

Run defense. Allowed too high a ypc.

Garrard. Played poorly in the 2nd half

Ugly

O-line. They collapsed in the fourth quarter

Pass defense. again. Cover the goddamn TE, and stop passing off guys underneath. I swear to ******* god, all the big plays the Jaguars give up

Play calling, on both sides. They kept calling screens after they weren't working. Also, on the game winning touchdown, I ******* KNEW that Eli was going to throw to Boss for the TD. I called it. The Jaguars have never been a good blitzing team, and you're just gonna not cover Boss, who has burnt you all game? What the ****, JDR?
Our safeties are just aweful. You are spot on with the blitzing, we don't have the personel back there to cover without the extra person. One good thing is the LBers play was pretty decent overall, and man does our Dline miss Kampman.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still in first place!
Old 11-29-2010, 09:07 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

yeah, that's the bright side I guess.

and thanks scotty <3

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:

Last edited by The Unseen : 11-29-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:30 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurawolf View Post
Our safeties are just aweful. You are spot on with the blitzing, we don't have the personel back there to cover without the extra person. One good thing is the LBers play was pretty decent overall, and man does our Dline miss Kampman.
Yup, losing Kampman was possibly the worst conceivable thing that could happen to the defense this year. Now, we get zero pressure with the front four and don't have the horses in the secondary to cover if we blitz. Puts us between a rock and a hard place. You've just gotta go soft zone coverages and try to bleed the offense slowly. Hope they make a mistake by committing a turnover or a penalty. That's all they can really do on defense right now.

The fact that this team even has a winning record stupefies me.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

well one of the big problems we have is Garrard doesn't know how to read a blitz. Thats why you never see Garrard pointing out blitzers or anything like most QBs you usually see doing that. Thats why he never saw the Safeties sneaking up for a blitz of if he did he couldn't point them out because he doesn't really know what he is doing back there except for just throwing the ball or handing it off. Garrard is about as simple of a QB as you get back there and if yesterday wasn't the biggest example of us needing a young QB Garrard was Dr. Jeckle and Mr Hyde yesterday from the first half to the second half and that just scares me.

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 11-29-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
well one of the big problems we have is Garrard doesn't know how to read a blitz. Thats why you never see Garrard pointing out blitzers or anything like most QBs you usually see doing that. Thats why he never saw the Safeties sneaking up for a blitz of if he did he couldn't point them out because he doesn't really know what he is doing back there except for just throwing the ball or handing it off. Garrard is about as simple of a QB as you get back there and if yesterday wasn't the biggest example of us needing a young QB Garrard was Dr. Jeckle and Mr Hyde yesterday from the first half to the second half and that just scares me.
QBs don't point out blitzers. They are point out the mike backer for pass protection. That's why you see Qbs before snapping the ball point ahead. Usually the QB let's the blitz come, because he and the WR are reading hot and then throw it. He can also change the protection to get the blitz picked up.

Actually while David G. played well in the first half, at halftime, Tuck and our leaders ripped everyone a new hole in the lockerroom. That's why we came out and looked more alive rather then the sleep walking we were doing.

Even Tuck said once the defense started hitting Garrard, the Jag's huddle was looking at them, like oh, here they come. And we did try to turn up the pressure on him, especially the last drive. No more 4 man rushes. We started to bring the wood, which is what we should have done early on. However, you guys were running it and running it well, so it made it hard.

But the speech at half time is what motivated our guys.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
QBs don't point out blitzers. They are point out the mike backer for pass protection. That's why you see Qbs before snapping the ball point ahead. Usually the QB let's the blitz come, because he and the WR are reading hot and then throw it. He can also change the protection to get the blitz picked up.

Actually while David G. played well in the first half, at halftime, Tuck and our leaders ripped everyone a new hole in the lockerroom. That's why we came out and looked more alive rather then the sleep walking we were doing.

Even Tuck said once the defense started hitting Garrard, the Jag's huddle was looking at them, like oh, here they come. And we did try to turn up the pressure on him, especially the last drive. No more 4 man rushes. We started to bring the wood, which is what we should have done early on. However, you guys were running it and running it well, so it made it hard.

But the speech at half time is what motivated our guys.
NFL Players don't need speeches,Speeches are for High school and College Players. Plus the fact that we were passing a lot more in the second half and not running the ball as much. Saying that a speech is what turned your team around is not something to be proud of.

I mean I know people like to believe the whole Braveheart story and that one man can lead the battle with a speech and make them better than they were before but its just not true.

When your defense is lining up 4 guys on one side of the line and the QB doesn't see the blitz coming yea thats because Justin Tuck's speech. I MEAN COME ON GARRARD IT IS FREAKING OBVIOUS THERE BRINGING THE ******* HOUSE and he didn't notice it is because Justin Tuck's riveting speech OMG JUSTIN TUCK SHOULD BE A FREAKING PREACHER.

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST

Last edited by GatorsBullsFan : 11-29-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MJD is such a beast. I love him so much <3

But yeah, that defense just lacks talent. I like Alualhu (sp), and I LOVE Kampman (RIP to his career), but the rest of that defense is just soooo bleh.

And God your secondary sucks.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

It didn't help we starting passing more in the second half but I was shocked that it took as long as it did for the Giants defense to put up that much pressure. We had two second string tackles starting on the day it should have been a field day for Giant sacks. Mathis is having a bad year and Cox is doing well it is the safeties that need the help, if a corner passes on protection to Carey or Greene we are screwed since neither understands basic coverage.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That falls on Perry Fewell to be honest. We are built to be an attacking defense, but for some reason Fewell fluctuates between his preferred Tampa 2 crap and then attacks every now and then.

When you see our defense in attacking mode vs passive mode, its a day and night difference. Once we starting blitzing we started seeing results on defense. When we were passive, you guys carved us up.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why every coordinator we have had outside of Spags couldn't figure out that this defense is built to attack.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the "I just saw your team play mine. That's the only time I've seen your team play this season. Here's why you suck..." posts.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
MJD is such a beast. I love him so much <3

But yeah, that defense just lacks talent. I like Alualhu (sp), and I LOVE Kampman (RIP to his career), but the rest of that defense is just soooo bleh.

And God your secondary sucks.
Terrance Knighton is one of the best DTs in the NFL. But yes, everything else is problematic.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 11-30-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

Quote:
That falls on Perry Fewell to be honest. We are built to be an attacking defense, but for some reason Fewell fluctuates between his preferred Tampa 2 crap and then attacks every now and then.

When you see our defense in attacking mode vs passive mode, its a day and night difference. Once we starting blitzing we started seeing results on defense. When we were passive, you guys carved us up.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why every coordinator we have had outside of Spags couldn't figure out that this defense is built to attack.
The whole problem with you guys attacking was first off Eugene Monroe wasn't playing and Guy Whimper was looking helpless against Osi. Second Off Garrard has to be able to see that you guys are lining 4 guys up on one side of the line and that has to be audibled or bring a WR or something across. Other than that and a few passes that hit your Defensive players right in the hands that were mostly Garrard's fault.

We beat you guys in every stat except for our QB stats. Garrard had a horrible day.

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
Old 11-30-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Terrance Knighton is one of the best DTs in the NFL. But yes, everything else is problematic.
Yeah I forgot about him. I'm a fan of his also. I like your GM, he's building the team inside out, I think the talent is there on offense, you just need a qb on offense.

But that defense needs a makeover. Supposedly this is a great draft for pass rushers, so that is a good sign for the Jags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
The whole problem with you guys attacking was first off Eugene Monroe wasn't playing and Guy Whimper was looking helpless against Osi. Second Off Garrard has to be able to see that you guys are lining 4 guys up on one side of the line and that has to be audibled or bring a WR or something across. Other than that and a few passes that hit your Defensive players right in the hands that were mostly Garrard's fault.

We beat you guys in every stat except for our QB stats. Garrard had a horrible day.
It was a tail of 2 halves. You guys dominated the 1st half, we dominated the 2nd half. Garrard had a bad second half, no doubt.

As far as injuries go, both our teams were banged up. I'd argue that we were more banged up than you guys, so let's call that a wash.

I'd blame this loss on Garrard and Del Rio. Garrard had a bad 2nd half, and Del Rio did a bad job of managing the 2nd half. There was no excuse for Jacksonville to blow that game. They allowed us to get back into it with poor game management and poor execution in the 2nd half.

Also to be fair to Garrard, its easy to say that he needed to let it go or have a WR do a site adjustment etc, but I was at the game, and when you saw it at the stadium, you saw that nobody got open on those blitzes. He had nowhere to go with it.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Aurawolf
Rookie

I think the Jags would have had more success if they kept running the ball, the interior of the Giants Dline is fast but somewhat light at least in thier standard packages, the way our interior line is playing they could have broken some holes in there for Mojo to go through. But this is all ideal speculation if we had success runninng then they load up 8 men in the box and blitz either way it turned out as it did.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah I forgot about him. I'm a fan of his also. I like your GM, he's building the team inside out, I think the talent is there on offense, you just need a qb on offense.

But that defense needs a makeover. Supposedly this is a great draft for pass rushers, so that is a good sign for the Jags.

It was a tail of 2 halves. You guys dominated the 1st half, we dominated the 2nd half. Garrard had a bad second half, no doubt.

As far as injuries go, both our teams were banged up. I'd argue that we were more banged up than you guys, so let's call that a wash.

I'd blame this loss on Garrard and Del Rio. Garrard had a bad 2nd half, and Del Rio did a bad job of managing the 2nd half. There was no excuse for Jacksonville to blow that game. They allowed us to get back into it with poor game management and poor execution in the 2nd half.

Also to be fair to Garrard, its easy to say that he needed to let it go or have a WR do a site adjustment etc, but I was at the game, and when you saw it at the stadium, you saw that nobody got open on those blitzes. He had nowhere to go with it.
Yes both teams are banged up but by far the strength of your Defense which is your DEs were going up against the most banged up part of our team which is our OTs and you guys definitely took advantage of that.

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST