Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 11-29-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orten, Palmer, Kolb or McNabb are all QB's that are starting caliber that can be on the move this off season

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:39 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I crazy for wanting Kolb? He's got good mobility to go along with his high football IQ, and he's on the verge of entering his prime. Those young, quality QBs rarely ever hit the open market.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PHI fans don't seem to be high on him....I'm definitely intrigued though.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Am I crazy for wanting Kolb? He's got good mobility to go along with his high football IQ, and he's on the verge of entering his prime. Those young, quality QBs rarely ever hit the open market.
I'm not convinced of any of that middle sentence (besides the mobility part), but that's not because he's been terrible, just because what we've seen of him has been really inconclusive.

By the way, Kolb isn't set to hit the open market. He's signed through 2011 and considering he cost Philly $10+ million to sit on the bench this year, they're not going to trade him for cheap. Would he be worth trading our 2nd pick + more? I'm not so sure.

I'd rather go after a QB that could have a lower asking price (Fitzgerald?) or throw money at a QB on the open market (Orton?) than risk a bunch on Kolb. If someone like Hue Jackson was sold, I'd likely get on board rather quickly.

Let's stop talking about getting a QB while assuming no improvement to the offensive line will happen. Oakland was apparently closely considering interior o-line with their 1st round pick last April and the need hasn't alleviated at all. I'd be shocked if a move isn't made to help that offensive line.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kolb has the most potential to be a star for us, instead of the other options who are more on the downside of their careers.

My Raiders Mock

Old 11-29-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Another QB that hasnt be mentioned is Jimmy Clausen. Carolina has the 1st pick right now and it would seem to much for them to pass on Luck. So we could get Clausen on the cheap for maybe a 4th round pick

My Raiders Mock

Old 11-29-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way Carolina takes a two round drop on Clausen's value after just his rookie year. I know this seems dramatic, but QB's are expensive. Kolb would cost us the value of a 1st round pick and Clausen would at least cost the value of a 2nd rounder.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clausen would be decent if he could learn to put some velocity on his throws....oh so many tipped passes.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

For the oline, I think we are close to have a real solid 5 guys. Veldheer and Gallery have played very good this year next to each other, and Langston Walker too has been a surprise to me. C is a must in the 2nd unless a QB drops to us, and I think we can replace Carlisle in F/A. Maybe even see what Bruce Campbell can do before? Id love to see him get a few starts here at the end of the year at RG and RT. See what the kid can do after a season to learn

My Raiders Mock

Old 12-01-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, it's Bruce Campbell time. He's got talent and he can't be worse than Carlisle.

WR needs to be addressed this off-season, but I'd much rather go get a proven vet than another young receiver. God bless Chaz, but I'm done waiting on him. If he can get his stuff together, great - but I'm not holding out on addressing the position just because it might finally be his year.

I'd love to get Malcolm Floyd if the Chargers can't get him re-signed.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:16 AM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as Cable is HC Campbell will never see the time of day this year well maybe the last game if he is lucky Cable is in no hurry to make switches on that offense line.
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be intriguing to see what Denver does with the QB position. They couldn't have expected this performance from Orton as far as numbers.. do they still let him go? Im hoping.. I would prefer him over Campbell, but we would need to draft line for Orton to have any sort of time. We do need a marquee QB in order to get places, lets be honest only a handful of teams have dominated defensively enough to win a superbowl. Our defense has some holes but has definitely improved.

WR is also a need and what about Steve Smith from the NYG.. do they still resign him even with Nicks and Manningham? Probably but if not Id love to scoop him up.. Santonio will get an extension.. he has been clutch this year. I would like Floyd as well as Breaston but they could be resigned. O and a big no to Braylon.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

The Orton situation seems perfect for us, almost Rich Gannon like. We get a quality QB from a rival that still has alot of good years left and will finally give us some stability at QB hopefully. Orton knows how to be a game manager but also can win us games throwing. I really hope things work out for us

My Raiders Mock

Old 12-01-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd much rather have a young stud that can be a long term solution...if not this year, then wait till next when we do have a 1st round pick.

2k posts =DDDD

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Also the vet WR we need... could we go after Terrell Owens? He has shown he has something left this year

My Raiders Mock

Old 12-01-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
I'd much rather have a young stud that can be a long term solution...if not this year, then wait till next when we do have a 1st round pick.
I'd rather not wait a whole 'nother season for the team to field a half-decent quarterback. That said, I just realized Orton is payed through 2011, so we'd have to trade for him too.

Maybe Vick tries to hit the open market?

Quote:
Also the vet WR we need... could we go after Terrell Owens? He has shown he has something left this year
I think that we didn't get Owens when everyone on the receiving corps was hurt and he was cheap, we won't ever go after him. The offseason is the worst time for Oakland to pursue a vet wideout because, on paper, Oakland has a very talented group of guys. In reality those guys are almost never all healthy at the same time, but that won't be apparent when there's no games to play.

There's going to be some WR talent out there, but I don't think Oakland makes a big move.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping the new head coach gives Campbell a shot at rt and sign a vet rt as insurance and go after a center or rg threw the draft.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

We already have a starter at RG in Langston Walker IMO. Just need to find/wait for a RT

My Raiders Mock

Old 12-02-2010, 01:50 AM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

Ehh Walker would be my last option at RG for us.We all want a QB epically me who has complained about it but in reality we are 90 percent sure to stick with Campbell for another year seeing how we don't have a first round pick the demand for QB is big so they won't fall likely.We don't have a lot if any trade pieces to even trade for one,FA aside for Orton is crappy.So we really just have to go after FA and attack it with Offense line players maybe a WR and go into the draft and do the same thing.Were gonna have Campbell back surround him the best we can with wr's and a offense line that can block go after a WR or two.if one thing the Raiders should know by now is that they can't count on Chaz and Bey and should go after someone that they can count on.Bey is a lost cause and I would really consider cutting ties with him along with Chaz.

Walker would be good depth but we need to really revamp that right side with a mixture of rookie and vet.For the first time in years the talent will be there in FA for offense line it's just up the the Raiders to go out and get the right people and I think they will cause leading up the last year draft they wanted a offense lineman but didn't happen they wanted to sign B. Williams from Cincy but didn't go threw.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The QBs you guys are mentioning....

are not better than Campbell so don't fool yourselves. Kolb? You must be kidding. What exactly makes him better?

Listen to me. CAMPBELL CAN PLAY. Not saying he is the future, but he is the now so stop acting like the QB situation is dire. We roll with Campbell, beef up the O-line and pick a developmental type QB later in the draft. I think Kaepernick is a great prospect to bring along in the 4th round.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 12-05-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I agree Campbell can play and I think we will let him next year and so on. But we still need to get a young guy behind him so drafting a guy pretty early needs to happen. Either 2nd or 3rd sounds good. Maybe we trade down like he have in the last few drafts in the 2nd and get another 3rd so we can address other areas early. Something like...

2nd Kris O'Dowd C USC/ Mike Pouncey OG Florida/ Gabe Camiri OT Wisconsin
3 Christian Ponder QB Florida State/ Jalil Brown CB Colorado/ OG/C John Moffit Wisconsin

Drafting players like them would be great help to our team. All except Ponder could contribute right away for us IMO, replace Satele and/or Carlisle or give us a young 3rd CB that can help too.

My Raiders Mock

Old 12-06-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I agree Campbell can play and I think we will let him next year and so on. But we still need to get a young guy behind him so drafting a guy pretty early needs to happen. Either 2nd or 3rd sounds good. Maybe we trade down like he have in the last few drafts in the 2nd and get another 3rd so we can address other areas early. Something like...

2nd Kris O'Dowd C USC/ Mike Pouncey OG Florida/ Gabe Camiri OT Wisconsin
3 Christian Ponder QB Florida State/ Jalil Brown CB Colorado/ OG/C John Moffit Wisconsin

Drafting players like them would be great help to our team. All except Ponder could contribute right away for us IMO, replace Satele and/or Carlisle or give us a young 3rd CB that can help too.
I and a VA Tech grad and I watch the ACC like a hawk. I'm telling you, Ponder will not be anything in the NFL. He is Drew Stanton. You like his athleticism, but that's really all he has going for him. I would NEVER waste a high pick on him. He will need some serious time to develop if he is to make anything of himself. This is not a deep QB class to begin with, so look at the developmental types and pick one in the mid to late rounds.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 12-06-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Tyron Smith could be a legitimate option if his stock stays where it is now, he has been rising a little recently and if he is there in the 2nd or 3rd I wouldn't mind a guy like him to battle it out with our other guys.
Go Amare.

Last edited by thenewfeature06 : 12-06-2010 at 09:02 PM.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A QB I really like and would love to take for our QB in development is Pat Devlin from Delaware. I know he faces Div two talent, but he has some great tools and reminds me alot of another Delaware alum Joe Flacco. Devlin is projected currently in the 3rd round, which I feel would be a perfect time to take a QB.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Heres what Ive done in the forum mock thats going on....
Draft: 2nd Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
Trade: 3rd for OT Bryant McKinnie
4th for QB Jimmy Clausen

I think this would add so much to our offence if this happened. McKinnie is a legit starter at LT and we would likely move him to RT and Walker inside to RG. Floyd is a top 25 player in this draft IMO and was too much to pass up. He is a upgrade over DHB and Murphy right now. Got Clausen on the cheap, let him sit behind Campbell for a season to learn after getting alot of experience this year at Carolina.

My Raiders Mock