Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-05-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LEE!!!

Game ball goes to LEE~
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
For those of you who are happy about this, tell me how this helps us... Damnit. I want to feel good about this.
Neither Demarcus Ware, Troy Polamalu, or Darelle Revis were picked in the top 10. Same thing with Ray Lewis, Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, Haloti Ngata, Casey Hampton, etc.

That's just counting defense.

That should help you sleep tonight. :)

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
LEE!!!

Game ball goes to LEE~
I beg to differ: Tashard Choice.

And Jason Garrett is 3-1 (shakes head in disbelief). And won 2 on the freaking road!

Fetushead Manning threw 4 INTs, 2 to Sean Lee. That last one was the only tipped ball, Colts at 6-6, is Peyton out of synch or what?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LEE!!!

Game ball goes to LEE~
Was Brooking or James off the field when Lee was on?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Was Brooking or James off the field when Lee was on?
James never really comes off. He always comes in for Brooking.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Neither Demarcus Ware, Troy Polamalu, or Darelle Revis were picked in the top 10. Same thing with Ray Lewis, Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, Haloti Ngata, Casey Hampton, etc.

That's just counting defense.

That should help you sleep tonight. :)
Jay Ratliff was picked in the 6th round. So should we trade our 1st for 10 6ths?

Ugh. That was TERRIBLE logic. I'm still mad.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
James never really comes off. He always comes in for Brooking.
Better question. From what I remember he was lining up at WILB. Was that right?
Old 12-05-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ratliff = 7th round. Even better. :D

He also sucked ass at Auburn.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-05-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D I don't know how you could be even mad dude lol. I mean, I'll gladly go from the 5th pick to the 11th pick for a couple hard fought victories late in the season which could go MUCH further to helping this team then 6 spots.

Good scouting will get you a great player, top 15 period is a good place to be which is where we will be. I am loving this victory, **** a few draft spots!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Better question. From what I remember he was lining up at WILB. Was that right?
That's the position he always plays. He's Brooking's backup.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-05-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
D I don't know how you could be even mad dude lol. I mean, I'll gladly go from the 5th pick to the 11th pick for a couple hard fought victories late in the season which could go MUCH further to helping this team then 6 spots.

Good scouting will get you a great player, top 15 period is a good place to be which is where we will be. I am loving this victory, **** a few draft spots!!
Exactly. As much as I wanted to lose out after the Green Bay game...I want my favorite team to win games on sunday. Period. Losing begets a losing mentality. Which the locker room doesn't need. Some of the worst teams pick top 10 year after year after year...and you'd think that would automatically equal to talent after drafting that high? But no...Lions, Rams, 49ers, Bills, etc, etc...all draft at the top each and every year...and bad personnel decisions eventually doom them.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outside of Dez's injury I'm really happy with the win. Hopefully Choice did enough for the organization to realize that he's a much better option then Barber. Lee is really coming into his own, he looked great out there as well.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jay Ratliff was picked in the 6th round. So should we trade our 1st for 10 6ths?

Ugh. That was TERRIBLE logic. I'm still mad.
The point is that you don't need to have a top 5-10 pick to get an elite player. There is always a ton of talent coming out of the ranks that you can find someone stellar anywhere in the first. Patrick Peterson isn't the only good defensive player in this upcoming draft, and he might not even be the best. Same thing with Prince, Fairley, etc. I'd rather them win to at least get some momentum going into next season than lose a bunch and end up with high potential. When you start to lose too much it creates a horrible culture that may be hard to get rid of.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Felix Jones had 17 less yards and 3 more carries then Tashard Choice today, running behind the same offensive line. Yet Felix is supposed to be the homerun hitter out of the group.

I said it then and still feel he should have never gained that weight. He's still a good back but the big plays aren't there and I definately think he should go back to that size.

I think this game showed us a good ratio of what things should look like next year honestly. Felix would be much better to get down to what he was as a rookie and let Choice touch the ball to keep him fresh. I don't think Felix sucks now, but I certainly know he's not the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Not to defend Felix tooo much, cause I'm a HUGE TC fan...but the roles were reversed today. Felix played the majority of the Barber runs...more or less the hammer role. A lot of short yardage, in between the tackle runs...whereas Choice took the in space on the edge runner. Our line just isn't that great whatsoever at run blocking...it's quite sad actually for how big they are.

But yea...I want TC to start...no reason he should be behind Barber. Felix can still break the long one, split the carries right down the middle between the two, and we're set in the backfield.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

I watched Leonard Davis today and he might be the worst OL in the NFL.

Also, I think Dez is injury prone. A Peterson of WR.

Last edited by baghdadbob : 12-05-2010 at 10:07 PM.
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

I don't know if he's injury prone....He's had a sprain since training camp that's he's played through and a couple other small injuries, which he's played through. There's no history of him being injury prone. Not saying you're wrong, but time can only tell that, and a ankle being rolled and broken is just bad luck really.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

Quote:
I don't know if he's injury prone....He's had a sprain since training camp that's he's played through and a couple other small injuries, which he's played through. There's no history of him being injury prone. Not saying you're wrong, but time can only tell that, and a ankle being rolled and broken is just bad luck really.
We will see.
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Probably not...It's one of those things that fans do...just throw out some prediction, that you'll never hear about again if proven wrong. I'm sure 3 years from now if Dez isn't "injury prone", we'll never hear it again...

But each and every injury he sustains you'll be sure to point out how you were right about him being injury prone.

:-D
Old 12-05-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
romo4prez415
Rookie

romo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
The point is that you don't need to have a top 5-10 pick to get an elite player. There is always a ton of talent coming out of the ranks that you can find someone stellar anywhere in the first. Patrick Peterson isn't the only good defensive player in this upcoming draft, and he might not even be the best. Same thing with Prince, Fairley, etc. I'd rather them win to at least get some momentum going into next season than lose a bunch and end up with high potential. When you start to lose too much it creates a horrible culture that may be hard to get rid of.
Completely agree.
romo4prez415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Team State

I am sad for Dez, but I would rather get these win instead of losing...u start losing and than of a sudden loses are accepted. I think Garrett is doing a good job in turning things around.

As for the injury to Dez....as long as he sits back and grasps the playbook bettter he will continue to become the elite WR that we want. Remember WR don't come into their own until the 2 to 3 year.

As for our draft position......we are still going to have the chance to have a good solid player..maybe not a top 3, but we can still get a top CB and or a top DT.....

Nick Farley will fall......................

How about Green or Julio Jones.....
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:04 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Our very own future Brian Urlacher. :D

Old 12-06-2010, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only reason I'm mad is that if it weren't for a Roy Williams fumble we would be 4-0 under the Red Baron!

And with freaking John Kitna at QB!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:42 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdadbob View Post
I watched Leonard Davis today and he might be the worst OL in the NFL.
It is certainly a toss up between him and Colombo.

Thoughts on the game:

It's time to stop the excuses for Felix Jones. It was obvious the difference in effort between him and TC yesterday. Felix just doesn't run hard. I would call him a bust for the fact he was a 1st round pick, 1st round RBs are supposed to be top of the line. I am so disappointed in him, and don't give me he hasn't had blocking. He's had plenty of opportunities where he got to the second level untouched yet he failed to make a man miss. Choice needs to be the man, he runs with that tenacity Barber did a few years ago except he's a better talent.

Roy Williams sure gets a lot of flack from Cowboys fans because it's easy to hate him. I'm not saying he'll ever be our #1 wideout but he has been awfully good this season. His stats aren't great bc he's our 5th option, but he really makes the most of his opportunites and is a savvy vet. I for one hope he sticks around next year, for a pay cut of course.

Jenkins continues to look B-list. Another disappointment from the 08 draft.

Dougie got a little abused yesterday, granted it was against Freeney, but he looked like he didn't even belong on the field with him. What grade would you guys give him through 12 weeks now? I'm not so sure he'll be the great LT we need, serviceable doesn't get it done on the left side.

McBriar is a beast.

I love Jon Kitna's tenacity, I hope he sticks around as well. He's a great personality for this team.

Miles missed on 2 big opportunites yesterday and I'm starting to get worried we made the mistake of rewarding him to quickly with a big contract. He doesn't have the natural skills of a great WR (hands, body control), he is just really big and really fast.

Already commented on Choice, but yea, he needs to be the featured back. He's been very patient these last 3 years and we know what he can do, let's feed him these last 4 games.

I'm more comfortable with Sean Lee in there over Brooking, and that's not just an overreaction from yesterday. It's such a difference in coverage and he actually makes plays behind the LOS. He does a superb job of shedding blocks and diagnosing plays, he made a few "wow" plays outside of the INTs yesterday.

It's no secret I am one of the biggest Garrett doubters here, in fact the thought of him being HC in 2011 causes me to wake from my sleep in a cold sweat, but 3-1 is pretty impressive. I have no idea how this guy collects wins because he certainly makes a lot of head-scratching decisions, but you can't argue that this team is completely different since he's taken over. I'm not ready to crown him (and from the sound of it neither is Jerry http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...-to-prais.html ) but the thought is not as outrageous as it was 4 weeks ago. Plus, I enjoy having a good laugh over those Garrett/Landry joke photos that get posted around the site.

EDIT: and as far as our draft position, there are certainly enough talented players where we'll be able to grab a good one. Top 15 isn't top 5, but it still gives us a shot a landing an elite player who slides or gets overlooked. I got my eyes on Brandon Harris.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 12-06-2010 at 07:47 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you're a bit hard on Felix. I'm disappointed too, but I thought he ran fairly hard. There were several times he ran up in there and pushed the pile forward. I'm torn because I think he needs to lose 10lbs to regain some more expolsiveness, but that weight also helps him with those additional carries.

I think we will be just fine next year with Felix and TC.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote