Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 12-06-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I'm totally stoked to see Campbell playing well. His development has been great.

Let's get a few things straight though. Campbell has given us both the best and worse performances from a Raider QB this year, and just has his good performances have almost all come when Oakland's run game is hugely productive, his awful ones have come when Oakland has asked him to produce on his own. Gradkowski, if not this year, has proved that he can make things happen without relying on all the play-calling being based around the threat of the run. In the Pittsburgh game, I had no doubt that the run game would be non-existent and so I wanted the guy with the best history of working in that situation to start. Obviously Bruce's shoulder still wasn't healthy, it showed when he threw the ball, and that was the end of his season.

So, yes. A healthy Campbell is a better player than Bruce with a hurt throwing shoulder. And yes, Campbell is managing the offense really well. And yes, I'm really happy about that. But half the claims you've made about Campbell have been utterly ridiculous, and so no, I won't say you were right.
Name one claim about Campbell that was ridiculous and get back with me. It's all in your mind. You are trying to compensate for being flat out WRONG. The only thing I claimed was that Campbell is better than that little back up side show that's been cut from 3 other teams, that's all. And I think that has been proven, unless of course you still think Grad is better, based on nothing more than an idea in your head.

No, Campbell has not developed in a few games. He is not a rookie, or a 2nd year player, or a 3rd. Campbell is the same vet with tons of NFL starts and real NFL level skills. Again, you are trying to soften the reality blow. The reason you saw performances like the 49 game is not because Campbell can't play, it's because he has no receivers and a porus offensive line. Those things are more obivous when we can't run the ball. Don't believe me? You wanna know how many catches the WRs had in yesterday's victory in which we DID run the ball early and often? THREE!! The run is supposed to open up the pass and vice versa, correct? Not on a team with incompetent receivers, and thus if an opposing defense can shut down the run like the 49ers did, we are in trouble. Hue called a horrible game.

It's funny, you act like Grad has played lights out. He's had bad games as well, but never see you acknowledge this. Also, you keep claiming Grad was hurt, but he wasn't. He got hurt DURING the game and I saw the play. Campbell said that Grad has been healthy since before the Piiisburg game. I'm sure your take is that he's lying.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 12-06-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Seems like our offence just needs a big play to get them started on every drive. Once we get something to go our way holes open up.

Boller coming in with Campbell hurt. Should be back in though
Yeah, he's not made out of matchsticks.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
It's funny, you act like Grad has played lights out. He's had bad games as well, but never see you acknowledge this. Also, you keep claiming Grad was hurt, but he wasn't. He got hurt DURING the game and I saw the play. Campbell said that Grad has been healthy since before the Piiisburg game. I'm sure your take is that he's lying.
Dude, it's been the same injury all year. It's not like he's been getting new injuries each time, it's the same right shoulder MCL every single time. If that keeps getting re-aggravated, wouldn't that seem to suggest that it's not 100% healthy? That's just common sense.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Dude, it's been the same injury all year. It's not like he's been getting new injuries each time, it's the same right shoulder MCL every single time. If that keeps getting re-aggravated, wouldn't that seem to suggest that it's not 100% healthy? That's just common sense.
Common sense? Okay, you opened this door. It's common sense that a diminutive QB that has been cut from three teams in his young career who can't stay healthy should not ever be counted upon as a starter. Secondly, when it's that easy to pick up a little guy and slam him into the turf, it doesn't matter whether we term is a reccuring injury, the same injury or a new injury. The point is the guy cannot protect himself and is injury prone. It took all of 1.5 quarters for him to get beat up in the sandbox again and come home with a bloody nose. I said it would happen and it did. Why you continue to argue at this point is beyond me.

You got caught up in the hype of the back up QB and you were not the only one. But unfortunately, you don't seem to be willing to face the music after the fact. I'm not the bad guy here, I'm just pointing out the reality of the situation and that's that you all were wrong about Grad and Campbell. What irked me personally was the way you all were so convinced that we were winning in spite of Campbell during the 3 game win streak instead of giving him proper credit as you no doubt would have done had that been Gradkowski. Hell, you won't even admit that Grad SUCKED OUT LOUD against the Dolphins. I don't know what the attraction is to this journeyman, but it's time for you all to allow reality to set in.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL, I'm not going to complain at all - Campbell managed the game well. But let's wait to see if he can actually lead us to a win when the running game isn't working. Judging by what we saw against San Fran and Pittsburgh, I'll be skeptical.

We're right back in this - hopefully the Chargers take down KC next week.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
LOL, I'm not going to complain at all - Campbell managed the game well. But let's wait to see if he can actually lead us to a win when the running game isn't working. Judging by what we saw against San Fran and Pittsburgh, I'll be skeptical.

We're right back in this - hopefully the Chargers take down KC next week.
He likely can't. He's not that level QB, we don't have the WRs and the pass protection is not very good. You see how Peyton Manning is being affected and I think we agree that Manning is better than Campbell.

Once again, Campbell is not an elite QB, but he is good enough. Certainly better than the other cat.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
VUBlacknGold
Rookie

VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that was a great game to be at, raiders winning :) yay!!!

I Bleed Black and Gold
VUBlacknGold is offline   Reply With Quote