Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-06-2010, 09:52 AM    (permalink
romo4prez415
Rookie

romo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Choice is the best back on this team and the only preventing him for starting is Felix's draft status and Barber's contract. Everytime he gets an oppurtunity he produces. His rookie year against the best defenses in the game is the best I've seen a Cowboys running back perform for quite sometime. I never liked the Felix pick and watching backs picked after him perform so well ticks me off because the RB class was so deep and we could've grabbed a safety like Kenny Phillips like I wanted at that time. Obviously 20/20 hindsight we'd grab Chris Johnson lol. With that said great win and we only move down 1 spot in the draft to #8. If we beat philly this week that Romo play is going to really piss me off because we might run the table.
romo4prez415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post

Dougie got a little abused yesterday, granted it was against Freeney, but he looked like he didn't even belong on the field with him. What grade would you guys give him through 12 weeks now? I'm not so sure he'll be the great LT we need, serviceable doesn't get it done on the left side.
This was the only part I didn't agree with. Free has been GREAT all season, he has held Peppers, Orakpo, Jared Allen, and a ton of other elite pass rushers to no sacks and he did it with little to no help. He had a bad game, but Freeney abuses most LT's in the league every single week. I think what we have seen all season from Free showed us he'll be a great LT, not just one game. No way I would change my opinion to think he's just average because of one game.

I'd give him an A-. He's been about as good as can be. I have seen the Colts play 3-4 times this season and Freeney has done that type of work week in and out. Line him up against Jake Long and Joe Thomas and I bet you it looks exactly the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romo4prez415 View Post
Choice is the best back on this team and the only preventing him for starting is Felix's draft status and Barber's contract. Everytime he gets an oppurtunity he produces. His rookie year against the best defenses in the game is the best I've seen a Cowboys running back perform for quite sometime. I never liked the Felix pick and watching backs picked after him perform so well ticks me off because the RB class was so deep and we could've grabbed a safety like Kenny Phillips like I wanted at that time. Obviously 20/20 hindsight we'd grab Chris Johnson lol. With that said great win and we only move down 1 spot in the draft to #8. If we beat philly this week that Romo play is going to really piss me off because we might run the table.

I'm over the hindsight, Felix can be as good as any of those backs in the draft if he drops his weight down to where it was. I don't think we got a bust or a terrible RB, but it's ridiculous Choice has been getting so little carries this season. I don't know what more the dude has to do.

Which is why it astonishes me people in this forum were surprised we were trying to get Barber out of here. Those post were only some pages back, I want to bump a few of them when I was telling D and a few other people that Choice could do everything Barber can do except better.

Quote:
Old 12-06-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im thinking of picking up Choice, in FF.

Should I? How long is Barber out for?
Old 12-06-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Im thinking of picking up Choice, in FF.

Should I? How long is Barber out for?
Time was to get him before the game lol, I got him as a FA Sunday morning. TC is a fantasy playoff savior, he won me many championships 2 seasons ago, this year could be the same thing so I'm starting him.

Barber was scheduled out 2 weeks, which usually ends up 3. If Choice plays hot 2 more weeks Barber won't come back with a bigger role. He was sucking terribly before, now he's injured and will come back rusty, I doubt he takes over much.

Barber was averaging 3.5 all season, I saw a stat where if you took away his 20 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 plays it only moved up to 3.7, dude is finished. I know the Colts run D is terrible but damn.

Definately get Choice, he's money this time of year, and he is playing so hard right now to prove he needs to be out there. He's hungry.

Quote:
Old 12-06-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
This was the only part I didn't agree with. Free has been GREAT all season, he has held Peppers, Orakpo, Jared Allen, and a ton of other elite pass rushers to no sacks and he did it with little to no help. He had a bad game, but Freeney abuses most LT's in the league every single week. I think what we have seen all season from Free showed us he'll be a great LT, not just one game. No way I would change my opinion to think he's just average because of one game.

I'd give him an A-. He's been about as good as can be. I have seen the Colts play 3-4 times this season and Freeney has done that type of work week in and out. Line him up against Jake Long and Joe Thomas and I bet you it looks exactly the same.
Got to agree with LL there, you didnt hear Freeney's name called a lot in the game. Free is a definite keeper who's earned his place at the table.

And another Colt exploited was their TE Jacob Tamme who was leading the NFL among TEs since 11/1 -- Sean Lee was on him & Manning had tunnel vision there so he failed to see wide open Reggie Wayne & went to Tamme, result: Santa Claus came early with 2 giftwrapped INTs, although one was tipped. We've found Brooking's replacement & a budding star at ILB in Lee.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Got to agree with LL there, you didnt hear Freeney's name called a lot in the game. Free is a definite keeper who's earned his place at the table.

And another Colt exploited was their TE Jacob Tamme who was leading the NFL among TEs since 11/1 -- Sean Lee was on him & Manning had tunnel vision there so he failed to see wide open Reggie Wayne & went to Tamme, result: Santa Claus came early with 2 giftwrapped INTs, although one was tipped. We've found Brooking's replacement & a budding star at ILB in Lee.
Maybe I just watched Free on the plays he got beat, I could be wrong. However if we have a shot at a tier 1 LT i dont think he stops us from pulling the trigger being we know he can be a real good RT too. It's time to get some blue chip lineman.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I would have given it some thought but we picked a bad year to be sorry and find a LT. Last year was the 1 for that, hell even most of the few years before. This year? Your not gonna see a LT go in the 1st round and even if there were I don't know that I'd want to be moving Free around back and forth like that.

Just off the top of my head, I think Sherrod and Castonzo(sp?) are the only tackles worth a 1st round pick IMO, both are fringe top 20 players but should be on the Right side and are considered to be solid, not elite guys. If there was a dominant LT like Andre Smith, or Eugene Monroe I'd give it some thought, but it's a bad year for them.

Besides as ****** as Columbo has been which is quite embarassing, I'd be fine with Sherrod if we kept winning. In fact were starting to play into his range. The right side of our line is an embarassment, which is even more of a testament to how well Kitna has played.

Quote:
Old 12-06-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, good win! How do we like Coach Garrett now? Your team looks like a completely different team now!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Well, good win! How do we like Coach Garrett now? Your team looks like a completely different team now!
We love Garrett the HC, but am anxiously awaiting the announcement that you are our next OC. I'm sure you'd be an instant improvement.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm over the hindsight, Felix can be as good as any of those backs in the draft if he drops his weight down to where it was. I don't think we got a bust or a terrible RB, but it's ridiculous Choice has been getting so little carries this season. I don't know what more the dude has to do.

Which is why it astonishes me people in this forum were surprised we were trying to get Barber out of here. Those post were only some pages back, I want to bump a few of them when I was telling D and a few other people that Choice could do everything Barber can do except better.
I know you want to try and crucify me for supporting my man Barber as you've mentioned this several times around the forum, but I'm not giving you any glory in it. hah. My support for Barber has been on an emotional level. I truly love the guy, his heart, his running style and the effort he gives. He's been a blessing for the Cowboys. However, I haven't been a proponent of him taking the majority of the snaps, and I haven't been supportive of the benching of Choice. He's a closer... he's a short yardage guy. I hate the thought of seeing him on the other side of the field. I want him back next season. I've mostly discussed my displeasure with Felix getting all the excuses in the world and Barber being crucified. No one was sticking up for Barber, so I felt the need to put my 2 cents in. Does he get paid a lot? YES. Have I ever said, we need to bring him back under his current contract? No. I've only expressed that I would like him back and I would hope that he's smart and accepts to restructure his deal in order to stay with the team.

I've been a fan of Choice since the beginning. All this new found support is nice and all, but he is just as talented now as he was back when he started with us. Remember this conversation before the 2010 season started? I was the one who brought up Choice as being the starter and was shot down. So don't make like I've ever wanted to suppress him.

Read it for fun's sake:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...er#post1762699

I like all 3 of our backs, but as far as favoritism goes, it'd be Barber, Choice, Jones. That's not my order of who I think it best. That's just how I like them.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
romo4prez415
Rookie

romo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I know you want to try and crucify me for supporting my man Barber as you've mentioned this several times around the forum, but I'm not giving you any glory in it. hah. My support for Barber has been on an emotional level. I truly love the guy, his heart, his running style and the effort he gives. He's been a blessing for the Cowboys. However, I haven't been a proponent of him taking the majority of the snaps, and I haven't been supportive of the benching of Choice. He's a closer... he's a short yardage guy. I hate the thought of seeing him on the other side of the field. I want him back next season. I've mostly discussed my displeasure with Felix getting all the excuses in the world and Barber being crucified. No one was sticking up for Barber, so I felt the need to put my 2 cents in. Does he get paid a lot? YES. Have I ever said, we need to bring him back under his current contract? No. I've only expressed that I would like him back and I would hope that he's smart and accepts to restructure his deal in order to stay with the team.

I've been a fan of Choice since the beginning. All this new found support is nice and all, but he is just as talented now as he was back when he started with us. Remember this conversation before the 2010 season started? I was the one who brought up Choice as being the starter and was shot down. So don't make like I've ever wanted to suppress him.

Read it for fun's sake:

I like all 3 of our backs, but as far as favoritism goes, it'd be Barber, Choice, Jones. That's not my order of who I think it best. That's just how I like them.
Good thing you're not our HC. This is a bottom line business and Choice has been the best runner when given the oppurtunity to get significant carries since his rookie year. Its no coincidence he's the first back to get 100 yards and its no coincidence he has our longest td run of the season. He's the best pure runner we have and this isnt some new revelation. Love the guy coming out of school almost as much as I loved Ray Rice. If Barber is willing to take a pay cut I'm all for keeping him but at his current price its just foolish to pay that salary for 3.1 yards per carry or whatever it is.
romo4prez415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nnstylh2g8

Still gives me shivers!!!

TC FOR RB!

lol.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

I am still pissed we passed on Mendenhall.

Never ever take a specialty player in the first round b/c their are always simlar guys later on.

Imagine Mendenhall and Jamaal Charles????
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, Mendenhall looks beastly now...but he's been injured pretty much every year except this one. You just got done calling Dez injury prone, but willing to look past it for a player that truly IS injury prone?

Edit: Looks like the Boys brass are changing their tune on Choice...
Quote:
IRVING, Texas -- Tashard Choice ran his way back into the Cowboys’ running back rotation.

Interim coach Jason Garrett said Monday that Choice had earned more playing time by rushing for 100 yards and a touchdown on 19 carries in the overtime win over the Colts.

“Absolutely,” Garrett said. “We want to get him the ball. We want to get him the ball. There’s no question about that.”

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 12-06-2010 at 06:40 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdadbob View Post
I am still pissed we passed on Mendenhall.

Never ever take a specialty player in the first round b/c their are always simlar guys later on.

Imagine Mendenhall and Jamaal Charles????
All the buildup I had watching Dez fall last year I had during that 2008 draft too. It seemed like the stars were aligning watching Mendenhall drop right into our laps. I was soooo mad when I heard Felix's name lol.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I would have given it some thought but we picked a bad year to be sorry and find a LT. Last year was the 1 for that, hell even most of the few years before. This year? Your not gonna see a LT go in the 1st round and even if there were I don't know that I'd want to be moving Free around back and forth like that.

Just off the top of my head, I think Sherrod and Castonzo(sp?) are the only tackles worth a 1st round pick IMO, both are fringe top 20 players but should be on the Right side and are considered to be solid, not elite guys. If there was a dominant LT like Andre Smith, or Eugene Monroe I'd give it some thought, but it's a bad year for them.

Besides as ****** as Columbo has been which is quite embarassing, I'd be fine with Sherrod if we kept winning. In fact were starting to play into his range. The right side of our line is an embarassment, which is even more of a testament to how well Kitna has played.
Yea there couldn't be a worse year for a **** OL class for us, it actually amazes me how bad it is.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

Let me go on record as saying I support the Dez pick -- I am just saying that given how he plays I think he is going to burn out fast via injury.

This is much the same line of reasoning many presented for saying MBIII would not continue the same way he played in 06/07.

Guys who play that physical just take too many shots.
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We love Garrett the HC, but am anxiously awaiting the announcement that you are our next OC. I'm sure you'd be an instant improvement.
Haha yeah I wish.. I don't think I would want to be a HC at any level.. Too much stress and non sense to deal with from media obligations to everything.

I always said the best job is being a coordinator or position coach. You do your job, and you're under the radar. That's the ultimate job. You can stay in the league forever that way. After HC, you get fired, and you drop and then god knows where you can end up.

Just like at coaches like Jim Fasshole or Dennis Green. I loved the Monte Kiffin, Jim Johnson or so. Stay coordinator forever or a really long time. Let someone else deal with the fans, media and other stuff.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:

Read it for fun's sake:

There were alot of people who felt that way about Barber, not just you. I wasn't trying to call you out, everytime I brought up the Barber situation I was speaking in general because I know you weren't the only one. I do remember that thread of you saying Choice could be the starter. I was just speaking in regards to how when a few people would say we wanted Barber out of here so fast you would ask why and say we were disrespecting Barber.

I'm a big proponent of letting your play speak. It was obvious Barber was in serious decline and Choice was getting no carries, seeing as how Choice has been better most of this season I never understood what would be the point in bringing Barber back. I didn't think I was trying to "crucify you" lol I didn't even mention your name but I just remembered one convo we had about it.

I was the 1 bashing Felix also and still am now. I love what Barber brings this team to but it's just ridiculous at time how Choice can come in and look 10x better then Barber ever has, and know that he is just sitting around wasting on the bench. I was fine with Barber getting the ball though until he started sucking pretty hard, bouncing everything sideways and outside, and plodding into defenders.

It's time to part ways. I don't want him as our 3rd Rb personally, those closer days are finished. This coming from one of the biggest Barber fans there were when I joined up(not sure if you remember). I'd rather draft a RB in the 7th RD, FA back, let him battle it out with Lonyae Miller. Fresh legs, RB's end up steals that late a bunch of times, what has Barber done this year to show he'd be nice to keep around?

Next year he's gonna be even worse, slower, and while he did some great things for us I don't see the point in bringing him back. I felt Choice was better then Barber months ago, and had been saying it since. I stick up for the team all the time holding back young players who may not be ready but it does piss me off at times when it's obvious there is a more talented guy, has proven it before with his play on the field, and we can still continue to give Barber 20 touches barely averaging over 3ypc.

Quote:
Old 12-07-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

After watching the Pats tonight it makes me scratch my head. All the talking heads on ESPN are drooling over how 'Tom Brady has total control of the offense' and how they have so many matchup nightmares for teams. Granted, Brady is a tremendous QB, but I think we have equal if not better weapons and matchup advantages on offense. Just goes to show how important it is having a great game plan and an OC knowing how to put his players in the right position to succeed. Watching the Pats offense click makes me angry because this is what our offense should look like.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by romo4prez415 View Post
Good thing you're not our HC. This is a bottom line business and Choice has been the best runner when given the oppurtunity to get significant carries since his rookie year. Its no coincidence he's the first back to get 100 yards and its no coincidence he has our longest td run of the season. He's the best pure runner we have and this isnt some new revelation. Love the guy coming out of school almost as much as I loved Ray Rice. If Barber is willing to take a pay cut I'm all for keeping him but at his current price its just foolish to pay that salary for 3.1 yards per carry or whatever it is.
"Good thing you're not our HC" ahahaha. Love it when people say that!

Did you even read what I posted before the 2009 season started? I said Choice should be the STARTER!

I want Barber back next year for cheap and in a reduced role. I still like him. He can be a good depth guy. But Choice should start already. All Felix is is a nice change of pace back. That's all he's ever been. Keep him on the sidelines where his legs can be fresh and get his ass back on KO returns. Everyone though more carries equaled a better Felix. Throw those ideas out the window because they just aren't true. Felix is just a change of pace guy that needs to be fresh to maintain his explosiveness. He's not gonna be explosive on every damn play like people thought.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:31 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
After watching the Pats tonight it makes me scratch my head. All the talking heads on ESPN are drooling over how 'Tom Brady has total control of the offense' and how they have so many matchup nightmares for teams. Granted, Brady is a tremendous QB, but I think we have equal if not better weapons and matchup advantages on offense. Just goes to show how important it is having a great game plan and an OC knowing how to put his players in the right position to succeed. Watching the Pats offense click makes me angry because this is what our offense should look like.
Except our OL sucks and theirs is one of the best in the league. That's a pretty big difference. We need OL who are strong, athletic and can move. Not these fat slobs that we got. We need to get away from Houck's style of offensive linemen. His stuff is outdated and ineffective.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:33 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yea there couldn't be a worse year for a **** OL class for us, it actually amazes me how bad it is.
It'll work out if the Juniors declare. My boy Tyron would be perfect for us. Especially if we finish 6-10 or 7-9.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:11 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

It just dawned on me that McCann fumbled on that KO Return right before OT. We could have easily lost the game to a fg there. For some reason the Cowboys from earlier this season lose that fumble, and lose that game the same way. That's just how things typically are for us.

Right now we are picking about 7th roughly, which can slide anywhere from 5th pick to about 15th. Alot of other teams have consistently lost since we have started winning. I still wish we had beat NO for some reason, I want to see if Garrett schemes up something good for Philly, it's our last test.

Quote: