Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-09-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would just again like to thank Bill Smith for being stupid enough to trade JJ Hardy for crap.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carlllllllllllllllll Crawfordddddddddddddddddd
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the Royals SB Nation blog. Made me laugh at least.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-09-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I would just again like to thank Bill Smith for being stupid enough to trade JJ Hardy for crap.
I don't know anything about the 2 guys we got for him, do you? At least they took Brendan Harris with JJ
Old 12-09-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aren't Guerrier and Crain free agents soon? Those pitchers they got might be their replacements. Don't know much about them either.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Aren't Guerrier and Crain free agents soon? Those pitchers they got might be their replacements. Don't know much about them either.
Both are currently free agents, and neither Jacobson nor Hoey are ready to contribute in a big league bullpen.

Favourite picks of the Rule V have to be Emaus and Beato. Good ****, Sandy Alderson, building a team small and effectively.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

During the winter meeting the Dodgers resigned Vincente Padilla to give us a solid #6 in our bullpen/rotation, then the Dodgers signed Tony Gwynn and Dioner Navarro. I don't know what this means for Russell Martin in Los Angeles, I sure hope he comes back to compete for the 3rd base job with Casey Blake, I hope he has a resurgence kinda like Brandon Inge did when he moved positions. What's next for the dodgers? people say we could be in line to sign FA Bill Hall because Ned Colletti likes his big right handed bat and the fact that he can play the infield as well as the out.

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I don't know anything about the 2 guys we got for him, do you? At least they took Brendan Harris with JJ
Jacobson is a 24 year old reliever with decentish stuff but has never been above High A (and I doubt will ever be very good), and Hoey is 28 with a nice fastball that gives him high strikeout numbers in the minors but he won't ever do anything in a major league bullpen because his control is awful.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-09-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I read they want to put 2nd base Ichiro at 2nd and Casilla at short. Alexei Casilla at short? I just don't know about that.....
Old 12-09-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Yeah I read they want to put 2nd base Ichiro at 2nd and Casilla at short. Alexei Casilla at short? I just don't know about that.....
He has a strong enough arm for it, but as a whole I just don't like the thought of having to rely on Casilla all season. I would have much preferred to keep Hardy and continue to use Alexei in the utility role that he was in last year. Oh well, Gardy wanted to infuse some speed in our infield and I guess he's gonna get it.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd give you my thoughts on Melky but it requires too many *'s
Old 12-09-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O's and Laroche have mutual interest in each other...

C: M. Wieters
1B: A. Laroche
2B: B. Roberts
3B: M. Reynolds
SS: JJ Hardy
LF: F. Pie
CF: A. Jones
RF: N. Markakis
DH: L. Scott

With a rotation of:

Guthrie/Matusz/Bergy/Arrieta/Tillman

if the young pitching continues to develop there's no reason we shouldn't be at the very least a .500 team
Old 12-09-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better hope Wieters takes that next step.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Better hope Wieters takes that next step.
Wieters' doesn't worry me, it's like Buck said, the guy was amazing with the pitching staff last year, he worried about being a catcher before being a hitter, now that he knows how to handle a staff I'm confident the hitting with follow.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehh handling the staff doesn't take a whole year and your offense shouldn't be that bad regardless. Just an excuse.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-09-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Also look at Posey and Santana who came up and hit right away plus had no problem with their starters and they aren't even known for their defense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-09-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Posey came up playing 1b didn't he? and Santana spent significantly more time in the minors if I'm also not mistaken. Wieters never called games at GaTech, only spent a full year in the minors, adn then was asked to call every pitch in a Major League setting, again, I'm not worried about him.

and Santana's stats don't exactly amaze me either...

as for Posey, I'm sure having Timmeh, Cain, and Sanchez didn't hurt his ability to call a game.

Last edited by ccB : 12-09-2010 at 05:14 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Posey came up playing 1b didn't he? and Santana spent significantly more time in the minors if I'm also not mistaken. Wieters never called games at GaTech, only spent a full year in the minors, adn then was asked to call every pitch in a Major League setting, again, I'm not worried about him.
Santana was only a full time catcher for 2 years in the minors. Posey played both 1B and C this year but way more games as a C. I'm not arguing about the defense I'd be worried about the bat if I were you. He was a good hitter and lost his ability to hit because he had to work on his defense? I don't buy that at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-09-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Both are currently free agents, and neither Jacobson nor Hoey are ready to contribute in a big league bullpen.

Favourite picks of the Rule V have to be Emaus and Beato. Good ****, Sandy Alderson, building a team small and effectively.
opinion on the 2 guys AZ got

Joe Paterson, LHP, Fresno (SF)
Jose Rivero, OF, West Tenn (SEA)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wieters knows how to hit, but sacrificed his hitting to become a better all around player and yet thats a bad thing????

Not to mention, what protection did he have this year in that lineup not to mention how he was constantly shifted through the lineup with the team having 3 managers throughout the season. Some seem to ignore facts in lieu of the what have you done for me lately mentality.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Last edited by BigDawg819 : 12-09-2010 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Typo on player
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Santana had an .868 OPS compared to Wieters .695 and that doesn't impress you?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-09-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Wieters knows how to hit, but sacrificed his hitting to become a better all around hitter and yet thats a bad thing????

Not to mention, what protection did he have this year in that lineup not to mention how he was constantly shifted through the lineup with the team having 3 managers throughout the season. Some seem to ignore facts in lieu of the what have you done for me lately mentality.
Or in this case, what have you done for me ever? It's not like he has a proven major league hitting resume.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Wieters knows how to hit, but sacrificed his hitting to become a better all around hitter and yet thats a bad thing????

What protection did Santana have in the Indians lineup? He had less than Wieters. I don't buy for one minute Wieters sacrificed his hitting ability to become a better all around hitter. That just makes zero sense.

sig by BoneKrusher
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Santana was only a full time catcher for 2 years in the minors. Posey played both 1B and C this year but way more games as a C. I'm not arguing about the defense I'd be worried about the bat if I were you. He was a good hitter and lost his ability to hit because he had to work on his defense? I don't buy that at all.
It's not defense, it's calling a game. Do you realize how much preparation a catcher has to put into not only learning what his pitchers are capable of, but what every hitter his pitcher will face is capable of as well? There is a lot of preparation that goes into it, far more difficult than you are making it out to be.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
opinion on the 2 guys AZ got

Joe Paterson, LHP, Fresno (SF)
Jose Rivero, OF, West Tenn (SEA)
Paterson should be solid in the Arizona bullpen immediately, and I have no idea why they picked up Rivero. He's not even close to major league ready.

RIP TheManInBlack