Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-07-2010, 10:33 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Except our OL sucks and theirs is one of the best in the league. That's a pretty big difference. We need OL who are strong, athletic and can move. Not these fat slobs that we got. We need to get away from Houck's style of offensive linemen. His stuff is outdated and ineffective.
Hence my frustration. We were fooling ourselves thinking we'd be 'ok' with the group we had going into the season. It sucks because we have all the skill position players you could want but have to handicap our offense because of the line. It's such a waste. We need to make a splash in FA and I have a good feeling Jerry will get it done as far as OL goes. 2 new starters would be nice.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Hence my frustration. We were fooling ourselves thinking we'd be 'ok' with the group we had going into the season. It sucks because we have all the skill position players you could want but have to handicap our offense because of the line. It's such a waste. We need to make a splash in FA and I have a good feeling Jerry will get it done as far as OL goes. 2 new starters would be nice.
The good thing about Jerry is that he does spend money in FA to bring in OL who can start from Day 1. He may not spend 1st rounders on OL, but at least he opens his wallet in FA. We NEED Mankins.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:12 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Is it just me or does it not seem like this team has been committing far less penalties than it used to under Wade? Anyone know the stat on that? I'm thinking Garrett has this team under good wraps in that department.
This actually started happening under Wade. We started bringing refs to practice. Not sure what week it was but atleast 2 under wade were the penalties went away. All directly reflected by the refs at practice tho.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:24 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
It just dawned on me that McCann fumbled on that KO Return right before OT. We could have easily lost the game to a fg there. For some reason the Cowboys from earlier this season lose that fumble, and lose that game the same way. That's just how things typically are for us.

Right now we are picking about 7th roughly, which can slide anywhere from 5th pick to about 15th. Alot of other teams have consistently lost since we have started winning. I still wish we had beat NO for some reason, I want to see if Garrett schemes up something good for Philly, it's our last test.
Just a regression towards the mean I suppose.

Seems like every year a blue chip prospect falls in that 6-10 range. That is the guy I'm targeting. Who that is at this point I'm not sure...I still think it's probably a 5-tech.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-08-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Here's what the conversation between Garrett and Jerry probably sounded like this week:

Jerry: "I love what you've been doing with this team, Jason. They play hard for you, and your guys keep every game competitive despite some shortcomings on the roster in terms of talent. But you know that this will all be forgotten if you don't do one thing for me, Jason. You know what that one thing is?

Garrett: "What is that, sir?"

Jerry: "Do you know that I have one requirement for my head coaches? One thing above all that they must be capable of doing?"

Garrett: "Putting the team into the position to win a Super Bowl?"

Jerry: "No. Super Bowls are nice, of course, but that's all just gravy in the end. There is one thing that is more important than everything else. And that's beating the Philadelphia Eagles."

Garrett: <wide-eyed look>

Jerry: "This is your final test, Jason. If you can beat the hated Beagles, and make it look convincing and make Andy Reid look like a fat pouty loser on the sidelines, you've got the job for good, no questions asked."

Garrett: "I'll do my best, sir. You can count on me to fulfill this sacred Dallas Cowboys objective to the best of my ability."
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Here's what the conversation between Garrett and Jerry probably sounded like this week:

Jerry: "I love what you've been doing with this team, Jason. They play hard for you, and your guys keep every game competitive despite some shortcomings on the roster in terms of talent. But you know that this will all be forgotten if you don't do one thing for me, Jason. You know what that one thing is?

Jerry: "Do you know that I have one requirement for my head coaches? One thing above all that they must be capable of doing?"

Jerry: "No. Super Bowls are nice, of course, but that's all just gravy in the end. There is one thing that is more important than everything else. And that's beating the Philadelphia Eagles."

Jerry: "This is your final test, Jason. If you can beat the hated Beagles, and make it look convincing and make Andy Reid look like a fat pouty loser on the sidelines, you've got the job for good, no questions asked."

Garrett: "I'll do my best, sir. You can count on me to fulfill this sacred Dallas Cowboys objective to the best of my ability."
That's actually a little funny. Cracked a smile outta me. :D
Old 12-08-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post

Hehe. Nice one.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the Eagles but I really ******* hate the Eagles

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:51 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Hey we picked up Clifton Geathers... Thought he was an interesting prospect that has always been an underachiever. Would be cool to see him reach his potential. He's quite the physical specimen.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:15 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should have stayed in school Cliffy. haha. But hey, I'm glad to finally have a Gamecock on the team.

I told everyone he was the epitome of the word project. He plays with bad leverage and wasnt productive throughout his career. The bloodlines and physical gifts are strong, however.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw an interesting stat about our run game since Garrett took over compared to with Wade:

Quote:
The Cowboys are averaging 33.75 runs per game in four games under interim coach Jason Garrett compared to 21.1 runs per game in eight games under Wade Phillips.

They're doing it more successfully, too, averaging 149.5 yards per game under Garrett compared to 75.6 under Phillips.

The play-caller is the same, but the Cowboys aren't playing from behind as much. If those attempts stay up, Tashard Choice shouldn't have any problem seeing 15 touches per game the rest of the way. "We want to get him the ball," Garrett said. "There's no question about that."
Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram
http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/12...-increase.html

Why do you guys think this is? All of a sudden were running alot more, our run blocking has improved, our yards per attempt have improved, and were more commited to the run. It's almost been like night and day.

What would you guys attribute this to mostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garrett trying to get Wade fired. lol.

Honestly, Garrett has taken more of a backseat to other offensive coaches, when it comes to game planning/scheming. As is normal practice. I dont think it's any coincidence. Wade had no real say of anything in our offense, so you cant blame anything on him. Our team would just be that much better with a veteran offensive coordinator, heading the offense and shaping the gameplans. They've looked a little stronger since Garrett has had to relinquish some of that power.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-10-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Tubby had more say then people think. Perhaps he wanted to do other things and told JG to do it.

Or now that JG is the HC, his brother and the offensive staff have a different chemistry with him. So they can talk more openly, and things are getting done.
Supposedly, his speeches and ways to motivate the players is really good. So maybe that is a factor too. They are executing better on their running plays.

Are the running concepts the same pre JG as opposed to now with JG as the IHC?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
They've looked a little stronger since Garrett has had to relinquish some of that power.
Are you sure of this? I was unaware that he relinquished any of the power and I asked a few beat writers of the Cowboys in Cowlishaw and Watkins and they both said he was still calling plays and had full control just as before. They also didn't see him wanting to give that up either, so I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post

Are the running concepts the same pre JG as opposed to now with JG as the IHC?
To me they are. Other then maybe less Marion Barber means a higher ypc, I didn't see a noticeable change in concepts in the running game. It was almost like Garrett knew his ass was on the line as HC so he took a dedicated effort to run more instead of balls out passing game.

Staying committed to the run was one of the big things I was concerned about and he's proved he will stick to it. Then again, since he's been Head Coach we have yet to really get behind big early in the game which is what I want to see just to see how he handles that situation.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you sure of this? I was unaware that he relinquished any of the power and I asked a few beat writers of the Cowboys in Cowlishaw and Watkins and they both said he was still calling plays and had full control just as before. They also didn't see him wanting to give that up either, so I don't know.

To me they are. Other then maybe less Marion Barber means a higher ypc, I didn't see a noticeable change in concepts in the running game. It was almost like Garrett knew his ass was on the line as HC so he took a dedicated effort to run more instead of balls out passing game.

Staying committed to the run was one of the big things I was concerned about and he's proved he will stick to it. Then again, since he's been Head Coach we have yet to really get behind big early in the game which is what I want to see just to see how he handles that situation.

Maybe, also should say all the stuff I mentioned are viable factors, however, as fans we won't know the truth since we are not there behind closed doors. I would bet though something happened that has caused stuff to work out well.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It was reported that Garrett had relinquished some power to his supporting coaching staff as soon as he became coach. He doesnt take as much of the load or burden, when formulating the game plans. I remember Garrett commenting on it, as well. As far as Wade and the offense. No. He didnt get to do anything with it. Our coaching structure was kind of defunct, and a lot of that had to do with the fact that Jerry put Garrett in place before Wade. Wade's only real power was having the opportunity to tell the offense to go for it or not, in certain situations. As for Garrett, he did step back a bit in the offense, as he set his sights around the entire team. As I said, it's common practice for promoted coordinators to relinquish some duty, or rely more on their surrounding staffs, and this has happened to a point. He still calls the plays, sure...but, the game plans could certainly differ than the norm, with more insight from other coaches.

As for the motivation factor...I dont think our line was playing like **** because of Wade. They still suck, but they've been practicing with officials for some time now, an improvement should occur, and the penalties are down a bit. As far as the run blocking...they're still inconsistent. Hudson Houck has said they have been downright awful this year and are the reason why we've struggled running the football. Since Garrett has taken over, it looks like the playcalling has changed just a tad to make things easier for the line. More motion, more power running formations, less pulling/tosses, which we are freaking terrible at. Garrett's had the power to do this at anytime, Jerry's said as much before...but we havent seen it until recently. I do think the larger role for the other offensive coaches has helped us out some.

And as for running more...even without the lead, it seems like we're running more. And Wade used to say we should run more and get the ball to Felix more...so that's not something you can pin on Wade, either. I'd imagine. He wanted to run more, but Garrett has always been pass heavy. Funny enough, now that he gets the job...we run a lot more. Not complaining, however.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-10-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Delegating duties is a key aspect of any managerial position especially coaching. I am a big fan of delegating everything for first year coaches at ALL levels until they get their feet wet. I personally am not a fan of HCs that do double duties.

I forgot what coach did it. But he was a HC, OC, and QB coach.. Hmm.. Ooo it was the former Redskins coach. I remember his face but forgot the name. He was with Seattle I think. I remember he had 3 jobs! LOL. That is a epic failure to do so much your first time around.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Jim Zorn? What a tool belt. lol.

I would just like to see Garrett give up playcalling all together. Never gonna happen, but it'd be great. He's obviously a great motivator and has the HC persona, he doesnt need to call the plays. It's also something that he's never been too good at. I personally love John Garrett, but I'm not too sure he's the right man for the job...he's too close to Jason, and would also be an inexperienced playcaller. Seems like Jason would have his hands in the pot too much. I would love to see him bring in a veteran guy to call plays. That'd be pretty ideal.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-10-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Jim Zorn? What a tool belt. lol.

I would just like to see Garrett give up playcalling all together. Never gonna happen, but it'd be great. He's obviously a great motivator and has the HC persona, he doesnt need to call the plays. It's also something that he's never been too good at. I personally love John Garrett, but I'm not too sure he's the right man for the job...he's too close to Jason, and would also be an inexperienced playcaller. Seems like Jason would have his hands in the pot too much. I would love to see him bring in a veteran guy to call plays. That'd be pretty ideal.
Haha yeah him! He was the HC, OC, and QB coach! hahahahahaha.

I would love to see how he breaks up his day to do all those duties. Where does he go during practice? With the whole offense and then with the QBs? When does he go to the other stations? hahaha Man, that was too funny when I read it last year.

Maybe promote from within. THat's what we did when we fired Hufangel. Gilbride was the QB coach and so we promoted him. In my opinion, he should have been the OC from the beggining when Coughlin got hired.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking that Garrett has given some of the offensive coaches more leeway now as the head coach. Since he is head coach now he has to divide his focus to more positions and also to the defense and special teams. I'm thinking it gives other coaches more influence than they had before because Garrett can't just spend his whole time on offense after losing a defensive coordinator.

Another thing that really contributes to more running is the Kitna factor. Romo is out, so you're not getting your best at quarterback. Running the ball more relieves the pressure on Kitna.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

What do you think if Wade joined the Redskins, Giants or Eagles as DC?
Old 12-10-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

If Wade joined a competitor as DC I'd hate it because he's good and motivated. I think that in the end he just got tired with his defensive calls this year. He didn't mix up anything and he just dialed up everyone to cause some kind of havoc. In another spot as a DC he'd probably bring the pressure again. I'd worry about the problems he would cause since he knows the team. The Giants and Eagles aren't really built for a 3-4 right now though, so there might be a year of growing pains. The Redskins are a 3-4 now, but I really don't fear them because they always seem to implode. Snyder is a real burden on that team.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Wade is gonna make a damn good 3-4 DC wherever he goes, but I don't see the fit anywhere in the division other then Washington and I feel like E-man does about them. I look for Wade to end up in Denver honestly. I was very disappointed in how our D started to play for him down the stretch, even when we were playing well turnovers were low, and now all of a sudden it's turnover galore.

Don't know what made the light come on, but I'd always been upset about that. I think he'd set Philly or NY back even further, too many pieces that fit a 4-3 and were drafted to be 4-3 players. It would take 2-3 years to get his guys and even then their D probably wouldn't be much better off.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I saw an interesting stat about our run game since Garrett took over compared to with Wade:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/12...-increase.html

Why do you guys think this is? All of a sudden were running alot more, our run blocking has improved, our yards per attempt have improved, and were more commited to the run. It's almost been like night and day.

What would you guys attribute this to mostly?
I think this mostly has to do with Romo being out. Kitna has played well but we've had the lead and just had more bounces go our way. I'd just say it's a regression towards the mean. Also I think he has a better feel of what to call on offense because he has more control over what is going on with the defense also. Whereas reports from when Wade were here said he had basically no input or know...hell defensive players said they didn't even really know him...

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-10-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Wade is gonna make a damn good 3-4 DC wherever he goes, but I don't see the fit anywhere in the division other then Washington and I feel like E-man does about them. I look for Wade to end up in Denver honestly. I was very disappointed in how our D started to play for him down the stretch, even when we were playing well turnovers were low, and now all of a sudden it's turnover galore.

Don't know what made the light come on, but I'd always been upset about that. I think he'd set Philly or NY back even further, too many pieces that fit a 4-3 and were drafted to be 4-3 players. It would take 2-3 years to get his guys and even then their D probably wouldn't be much better off.
You are kidding right....Wade hates the denver organization...they screwed him over in his mind when they cut him with a winning head coaching record. Not a chance he goes there.

Designs by me
Quote: