Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2010, 02:37 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Draft/Offseason Thread

Obviously a little early but I think it deserves its own place

right now this would be my ideal off-season

1. Acquire a starter quality vet QB, either FA signing or through a trade, wouldn't want to give up anymore than a 3rd though, unless it happens to be Mike Vick which realistically isn't an option the Bidwells have never like players with character concerns.

some options:

Marc Bulger, FA - PFT recently released a story saying that Whis wanted him but the Bidwells simply wouldn't pony up the cash, they know now to listen to the Whis

Donovan McNabb, Was - While it does seem like Andy Reid is what makes the QB world go round he hasn't been terrible in Washington and Arizona has far better weapons, he is mobile enough to not get wrecked in the pocket and seems like he could be a good mentor for Skelton

Kyle Orton, FA - Certainly a capable passing QB despite the performance he just had vs us, not the greatest athlete but like Warner a quick release can make up for a lack of mobility

Alex Smith, FA - 49ers will have to decide which Smith to keep after the season, if they like Troy Smith going forward Alex will in all likely-hood become a free agent & he has the athleticism to move around in the pocket which is a must behind our line

2. Draft BPA in the 1st round - Simply can never afford to reach on a position of need with the current rookie scale, while that may change I very much doubt it will, ideally we end up with one of Patrick Peterson or Prince Amukamara, with Robert Quinn or maybe Brandon Harris being fall back options

3. Draft BPA at position of need in the 2nd - in an Ideal world we get one of the 2 stud corners and then grab a 3-4 OLB or OT in the 2nd.

3-4 OLB options: Von Miller, Justin Houston, Jeremy Beal
CB options - Brandon Burton, Jimmy Smith, Aaron Williams, Ras-I Dowling
OT options: Gabe Carimi, Nate Solder, DeMarcus Love, Tyron Smith, with a outside chance at Anthony Costanzo or Derrek Sherrod

4. Draft the remaining position of need in the 3rd- Hopefully everything has gone to plan at this point and we have filled 2 of our positions of need.

3-4 OLB options: Jabaal Sheard, Dontay Moch, Steven Friday
CB options: Kendric Burney, Davon House, Brandon Hogan
OT options: Benjamin Ijalana, Lee Ziemba, Jason Pinkston

-

so in my perfect world the Cardinals get Marc Bulger, Prince Amukamara, Von Miller, & Benjamin Ijalana & return to glory in 2011

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote