Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-03-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got home from Muse.. on about Cloud 15 right now.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:37 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're still touring? Saw them back in March I think. Best show I've ever been to.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
They're still touring? Saw them back in March I think. Best show I've ever been to.
Yeah, it was pretty spectacular. They didn't play Map of the Problematique, which was my only complaint.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New from The Ocean

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mastodon is becoming one of my favorite bands. The first time I heard them was their new album which didnt impress me, but all their other stuff has been fantastic. Ive been watching their live performances online and I am very impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Mastodon is becoming one of my favorite bands. The first time I heard them was their new album which didnt impress me, but all their other stuff has been fantastic. Ive been watching their live performances online and I am very impressed.
They have recently become one of my favorite bands, Remission, Leviathan, and Blood Mountain are badass. Now that I listen to those albums a lot I kinda like Crack the Skye.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Welcome to the club. I got into them via Crack the Skye and slowly got absorbed into their awesomeness - I've seen them live twice, the second time I drove 5 hours. CTS is possibly my least favorite of theirs now, even though I love it. Blood Mountain is my favorite.

FWIW, in recent interviews they have said that they will start working on a new album after their current tour with AIC and Deftones, and expect a 2011 release of it. They are also planning on releasing a live album/documentary DVD, which is a sequel to their prior documentary DVD The Workhorse Chronicles.

More band news off the top of my head:

Gojira is going to be releasing an EP sometime soon and plan on releasing a new album for 2011.

Neurosis is going on "tour" December and January and will play at the Maryland Deathfest in May 2011, and interviews and word on the street indicate that they are getting towards working on a new album. (Scare quote "tour" because it's only several shows in total, as they don't tour anymore and now have full-time regular jobs in different parts of the Western US)

Intronaut and Kylesa are/have released (leaked) their new albums. They are both good, but nothing really to write home about IMO.

I believe Protest the Hero has finished recording their new album by now.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Last edited by The Unseen : 10-19-2010 at 04:05 PM.
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now I'm still digging Leviathan but am just getting into Blood Mountain. CTS is yucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just got my ticket for Job for a Cowboy & Annotations of an Autopsy - gonna be so sweet
Old 10-19-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle is the place to be on Dec 30th and 31st, wish I could go

Neurosis is playing 2 shows, with supporting bands:

Wolves in the Throne Room \m/
Yob \M/
Black Breath
Ludrica
Old 11-23-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.myspace.com/augustburnsre...r-boy-16923381

August Burns Red cover of The Little Drummer Boy

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-05-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Havent posted in a bit. Thought I'd post some bands at the show I was at the other night...

Old 12-06-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

January 14th the Melvins will be killing my ears, can't wait.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right now I'm still digging Leviathan but am just getting into Blood Mountain. CTS is yucky.
CTS is definitely an acquired taste. I like it. But it isnt my favorite of theirs.
The lyrics are more personal from what I can tell, so its a clear departure from the past stuff.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
January 14th the Melvins will be killing my ears, can't wait.
sweet. I'd love to see them.

Per your earlier post on Neurosis: I'd love to take a flight to Seattle or San Francisco where they are playing two shows in a row and go see both. It would be the greatest trip evaaarrrr.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-11-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Songs off the 3 cd's I purchased yesterday...

Old 12-17-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Ineresting... New Irepress. With vocals???

Old 12-17-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I'm a pretty big fan of the new Intronaut album. Also, check out Agalloch's new album "Marrow of the Spirit"

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-17-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

A bit "poppy" but there haven't been alot of good, straight-forward ROCK bands in a while... and an all-star lineup to boot.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Re: diabsoule
I got the Intronaut album when it came out and didn't think much of it since they went extremely prog/jazz, but I actually re-listened to it a couple days ago and liked it alot. The drumming is ******* awesome.

Re: phylsac
Yeah I like their album, and have been listening the hell out of We've Got a Situation Here. 2:12-3:19 of the song gives me a full-on chub.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-17-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
A bit "poppy" but there haven't been alot of good, straight-forward ROCK bands in a while... and an all-star lineup to boot.

Yeah Im really diggin this so far. Love the st8 up rocking thing. very cool. Im also kinda a fan of Everytime I die. So I knew I was gonna like this.

Last edited by General Zod : 12-17-2010 at 10:04 PM.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

New Neurosis song. They played this at one of their gigs in London a couple weeks ago. From some interviews (like http://www.drop-d.ie/interview-scott-kelly-2/12032, made 3 days ago) and such that I've read/heard, the album may not come out until 2012, but this is a good taste. I love the vocals on this.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 12-21-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im a big Monster Magnet fan. Ive been checking out Mastermind since it came out and its really starting to grow on me.

General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Here's a recommendation: The Secret. They're an Italian noisy/sludgy/blackened hardcore band. I listened to their newest album Solve et Coagula and it blew my mind. It, along with Black Breath and the Nails' EP, was produced by Converge guitarist Kurt Ballou. A song from it is posted in the CD player thread.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote: