Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default December Forum Mock

TebowFan and myself have been elected co-GMs of our beloved 49ers for the December Forum Mock. I hope to use this thread to both keep you all updated on the comings-and-goings of the Mock as well as open a discussion relation specifically to the Mock.

I'm pretty certain that we all agree that the top-3 needs to consider in round one are...

1. QB
2. CB
3. OLB

If you disagree, please include your rationale and I'd be happy to entertain other options.

1st question for you all...

Is the #1 overall pick worth trading up for? And what would you be willing to trade to make it happen? Note: Future picks, i.e. 2012 1st, etc. are NOT permitted in this Mock.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:48 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac
TebowFan and myself have been elected co-GMs of our beloved 49ers for the December Forum Mock. I hope to use this thread to both keep you all updated on the comings-and-goings of the Mock as well as open a discussion relation specifically to the Mock.

I'm pretty certain that we all agree that the top-3 needs to consider in round one are...

1. QB
2. CB
3. OLB

If you disagree, please include your rationale and I'd be happy to entertain other options.

1st question for you all...

Is the #1 overall pick worth trading up for? And what would you be willing to trade to make it happen? Note: Future picks, i.e. 2012 1st, etc. are NOT permitted in this Mock.
My top 3 needs are -

1) QB
2) CB
3) FS

Goldson will most likely be gone as an UFA and im sorry but Reggie Smith isnt the answer. While I would try to sign UFA to be O.J. Atogwe for two years as a stopgap, we need a franchise play-making FS with Mays staying at SS.

I dont know what pick we have in your forum mock but I wouldnt trade up because doing so would require too much in exchange. I would try to trade a 4th rounder to WSH for Haynesworth though. Imagine Haynesworth and Franklin side by side in a 4-3 base defense. If you cant get him for a 4th, try to trade Franklin for him straight up.

If you dont have Luck/Locker on the board when its your pick, I would try to trade down a few spots but make sure that you're still going to get CB Patrick Peterson. Gaining an extra 2nd or 3rd plus getting Peterson would be great because you could then use a 2nd/3rd or both 2nd rounders to move back into the first round to hopefully get a playmaking FS or a QB who slips into the late 20's even though I would much rather have a FS.
Closed Thread