Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2010, 08:18 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants are a Jekyl & Hyde if there ever was one!

They were horrible 4 weeks ago at home vs the Jags, getting booed at halftime.
Then they turned it on in the 2nd half and came back and won. Dammit.

They were creaming Philly last week by 21 points.
Then DeSean Jackson took over. God if only we had a game-changer on OUR special teams like D-Jack... can you imagine winning a game or two every year from special teams good stuff instead of us always losing a few games a year because of allowing it?

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Rodgers is using a new helmet reportedly

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Jmohr107
Rookie

Jmohr107 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does anyone else feel that the Packers don't really match up too well against the Giants? After thinking about it, this game is starting to scare me a bit.

I'm not sure that with all the injuries in the front 7 that the Packers will be able to contain that Giants rushing attack all that well. We saw the Packers have trouble with Michael Turner and Adrian Peterson already earlier in the season, and in week 6 against Miami they got worn down late in the game by the Ronnie Brown-Ricky Williams rotation, which is similar to what they might see this Sunday with Jacobs and Bradshaw.

On the other side, the offensive line must step up against what is one of the best pass rushes in football. If this offensive line couldn't block the Lions' front four, I'm not sure how in the world they can block New York's, especially considering the rotation that they have along the d-line.

Also, the Giants have three capable corners who can match up with Packers receivers. Rodgers will have to spread the ball around, as he won't have the luxury of going after a weak link in the secondary like he did against Chris Cook or Mike Jenkins. But I worry about his ability to do this coming off the concussion. We saw against Miami, the game after his first concussion, that he looked a little rusty and a little timid in the pocket, and it looked like he ran into a couple of sacks because he was afraid to take a big hit. I think this is the type of game that they really wish they had Jermichael Finley to exploit some match-ups, knowing that he could beat Antrel Rolle or Kenny Phillips one-on-one.

I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look too good to me.
Jmohr107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't worry about it. This game is between 2 teams who have been raped with injuries. You guys have tons of injuries and so have we. It's pretty much going to come down what backup can get his head out of his buttock and play well.

Plus I am not sure which team will show up and FOR HOW LONG. It will be an interesting game though.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/22/favre-to-peppers-beat-the-packers/

**** you Favre. What a dbag, still not over it. Does he realize he's ruined his legacy in the one place that always loved him?

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/22/favre-to-peppers-beat-the-packers/

**** you Favre. What a dbag, still not over it. Does he realize he's ruined his legacy in the one place that always loved him?
I agree! I hate him so much! It's like you guys offended big time by kicking him out. Don't you guys know, Lord Favre leaves on his own accord or doesn't leave at all. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT! Apparently in his mind, you guys committed an act of blasphemy!

Just read the comments on the bottom. Priceless!

But then again, He is our version of Tiki Barber.. Still booed when they show his face on the jumbotron.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers wanted to play last week and I'm sure watching us barely lose killed him. I hope he's got a spark and comes out ballin' this week. Considering how early he was cleared to practice, I'm not too concerned about post-concussion symptoms. Then again, our OLine needs to keep him UPRIGHT all game and he needs to SLIDE, even if it's short of a first.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Packers to Favre: Go **** yourself.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Packers to Favre: Go **** yourself.
Packers to Favre: "I'm sorry, what? Do you need us to sign your pension check or something?"

Old 12-22-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Favre had 2 games to do it himself this season. Call in the backup you d-bag...
Old 12-22-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

F**** Vikings.
They go 0-2 vs the Bears this year.... all we needed was them to win one of them.
They also go 0-2 vs us.
What a disgrace they are.

And I saw in Bears forum a few Vikings fans are rooting hard for the Bears over the Packers. More evidence that we are their jealous rival still !
Old 12-22-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
F**** Vikings.
They go 0-2 vs the Bears this year.... all we needed was them to win one of them.
They also go 0-2 vs us.
What a disgrace they are.

And I saw in Bears forum a few Vikings fans are rooting hard for the Bears over the Packers. More evidence that we are their jealous rival still !
it's always been that way. Whenever a Bears or Vikings team is on verge to making the playoffs/eliminating the Packers they gang up on the Packers' fanbase, lol, just embrace it
Old 12-23-2010, 08:40 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
it's always been that way. Whenever a Bears or Vikings team is on verge to making the playoffs/eliminating the Packers they gang up on the Packers' fanbase, lol, just embrace it
As long as we get the LAST laugh, in February!

BTW, YOU got an AVY & SIG to show up! Congrats.
Blue Jays though? lol
Old 12-23-2010, 08:54 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Don Banks of Sports Illustrated, on the Packers. BTW, I also thought of the similarities between that and this:

Green Bay Packers (8-6)
OK, so it's not a perfect analogy, but when I was watching the Aaron Rodgers-less Packers push the vaunted Patriots all the way to the wall Sunday night, I couldn't help but think of the 2007 Giants taking undefeated New England to the max in Week 17 of that season, in a loss that strangely became the springboard to New York's upstart Super Bowl championship run. Am I predicting a Packers-Patriots rematch in the Super Bowl in about 6 weeks? Not really, but if it comes true I'll try to claim I did.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz18wlOjI1A
Old 12-23-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Believe it, Packers fans. In a poll of 277 NFL players for Sports Illustrated, 26% of those surveyed said Green Bay Packers fans were the most knowledgeable fans in the league.

Way back in second place are fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Fourteen percent of the players said Pittsburgh had the most knowledgeable fans.

The next three: New York, 9%; Philadelphia, 8%, and Dallas, 7%.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Believe it, Packers fans. In a poll of 277 NFL players for Sports Illustrated, 26% of those surveyed said Green Bay Packers fans were the most knowledgeable fans in the league.

Way back in second place are fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Fourteen percent of the players said Pittsburgh had the most knowledgeable fans.

The next three: New York, 9%; Philadelphia, 8%, and Dallas, 7%.
They must have been reading our forums. 8)

But I know hundreds of UN-knowledgable Packers fans, plenty of my family and plenty I have sat next to at games.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As long as we get the LAST laugh, in February!

BTW, YOU got an AVY & SIG to show up! Congrats.
Blue Jays though? lol
my raji sig wouldn't show? lol i've always been a Jays fan, hate the Marcum trade atm too.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

OK, obviously we need to win BOTH of our games coming up. That's a given.

But what do we need to happen to steal the #5 seed? That would be golden to get to play at SF or at StL or at Seattle instead of at Chicago.

I reckon we need the Saints to lose both games. That would drop them to 10-6, tie with us.

But that would give Tampax Bay a win in week 17 so they'd have 10 also with us and the Saints (assuming the Bucs beat Seattle this week).

Do we need Seattle to upset them?

Who do I need to root for?
Old 12-25-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Jmohr107
Rookie

Jmohr107 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
OK, obviously we need to win BOTH of our games coming up. That's a given.

But what do we need to happen to steal the #5 seed? That would be golden to get to play at SF or at StL or at Seattle instead of at Chicago.

I reckon we need the Saints to lose both games. That would drop them to 10-6, tie with us.

But that would give Tampax Bay a win in week 17 so they'd have 10 also with us and the Saints (assuming the Bucs beat Seattle this week).

Do we need Seattle to upset them?

Who do I need to root for?
If Green Bay wins its final two games, and the Saints lose their remaining two games, then the Packers would get the 5th seed.

Assuming all four teams (NYG, GB, NO, TB) finish 10-6, the Packers would win all the tiebreakers. They would have the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Giants and they would hold strength-of-victory tiebreakers over the Saints and Bucs.

So to get the number 5 seed, the Packers need the Saints to lose out. Whatever Tampa Bay does this week is irrelevant.
Jmohr107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Okay, I'm getting really ******* nervous now. C'mon Pack.

Afternoon game, too, so going to make us sweat it out.

Loss and we are out of contention; win and we need to win next week, as the other two relevant games will be going on at the same time.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game has been getting hyped up like it's the only game getting played since Tuesday. I'm terrified. I'd be happier if ESPN swept it under the rug a little bit. I'm getting doubts, like it's too important of a game for us to win or something.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 12-26-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

It looks highly likely that if we make the playoffs we face the Chicago Bears in Soldier Field. I would love that match up and feel confident about it. The other option would be the Eagles, a team I would rather not see in the playoffs. Check the JSOnline sports blog for the complete break down.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 12-26-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
It looks highly likely that if we make the playoffs we face the Chicago Bears in Soldier Field. I would love that match up and feel confident about it. The other option would be the Eagles, a team I would rather not see in the playoffs. Check the JSOnline sports blog for the complete break down.
How about we just win today seeing thats the only game that matters right now :\
Old 12-26-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
How about we just win today seeing thats the only game that matters right now :\
I understand what you're saying and that's what the players should be thinking about but I'm not personally hurting the team any by looking ahead. The players have to think about the next game, the next play only. I can speculate however the hell I want without negative consequences (especially since I'm writing in a thread that maybe 25 people max will read and not a newspaper that would actually get some attention).

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 12-26-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well.

Time to put up or shut up next week. Gotta beat the Bears to even have a favorable chance of advancing.

Does Chicago ease up and get ready for the Playoffs, or do they play for a higher seed?
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote