Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Maurkice Pouncey 15 23.44%
Nick mangold 49 76.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
He was just using it as an example not saying it's what he felt, but that example he used is pretty much just like the question the OP asked. It's not like he was using it as a chance to hype up JPP. And yes anyone could be better then anyone, but I think it holds some merit when your talking about a rookie who has already started playing at a high level and was perceived to have a high ceiling as it is.

I'm just more confused that Alex Mack wasn't an option here. He's been alot better then Pouncey has and you can at least make a case for him over Mangold. I'm still taking Mangold if I am starting a franchise though, how nice is it to land a franchise LT and C in the same draft.
Exactly, sucks that it has to be a cowboys fan that explains what I did there but all I was saying is that this poll is silly because you're pitting a proven elite player with absolutely phenomenal ability when he's on his game against a high upside rookie who's having a great rookie year. Could JPP surpass Mario, sure? He's in a fantastic situation to learn from some of the best in the game...could you imagine if he mastered Osi's strip-sack? And what if he also mastered Tuck's counter...damn it I'm forgetting the name but his counter move on his bullrush. ****, that's what I get for not smoking for a couple of days, my short term memory is gone to ****...JPP has the physical upside, the work ethic and the great mentors to one day be a better DE than Mario. But to suggest that any sane person would rather have JPP right now than Mario right now is insane, regardless of how good I or anyone else think JPP could be. Especially since I think both JPP and Pouncey won't be quite as good as Mario and Mangold are, even when/if they hit their primes.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 12-23-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can I pick Luc Longley?
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Option 4: John Sullivan.
Lol what? The guy who has snapped the ball over his QB's head 3 times in the last 2 games?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:10 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
Alex Mack, (4) votes.
http://youvebeencracked.ytmnd.com/

ALEC MACK 5 VOTES

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:11 AM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go with Mangold just for the experience factor.

And off topic, but I want to see Pittsburgh draft Pouncey's brother next year.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where are you guys getting highlights of centers? I wanted to see how Mack was doing in the NFL and had to look for Hillis highlights on youtube. Obviously, the center is going to look good when the RB makes the highlight reel.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote