Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roger Staubach has stated in interviews the most strenuous thing he did in 'Nam was play touch football. His biggest challenge, other than procurement and shipping ammunition and supplies to Marine bases in South Vietnam, was boredom.

Agree he was more isolated than today's soldiers, but when people bring up Staubach's war record, it's almost assumed he was catching bullets.
Not dissing him, just saying.

He did have several close friends and classmates killed during the War.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Roger Staubach has stated in interviews the most strenuous thing he did in 'Nam was play touch football. His biggest challenge, other than procurement and shipping ammunition and supplies to Marine bases in South Vietnam, was boredom.

Agree he was more isolated than today's soldiers, but when people bring up Staubach's war record, it's almost assumed he was catching bullets.
Not dissing him, just saying.

He did have several close friends and classmates killed during the War.
I hear what you're saying. Thing is if you're in country your in harms way, no matter how Roger wants to spin it, that is why they get combat pay.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who cares what he did? The fact and really the discussion was he was
Out of football for a long period of time an came back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
So...who forced the guy to become the Hitler to the canine world's Jews?
Hmmm, I didn't know that Mike Vick murder dogs for fun. This is a pretty ignorant comparison. Be quiet.

Quote:
Straw man. Vick didn't accidentally kill all of those dogs, and Stallworth didn't kill that guy on purpose.
People who think killing dogs is unforgivable, yet make excuses for people who DRIVE DRUNK and kill PEOPLE should be subjected to immediate capital punishment, no trial or jury, just to prevent them from spreading their seed on and making the world a more intelligent place.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if Vick wins it, I can just see Roger Goodell taking credit for it. It'd be a PR to show that he turned Vick's life around.....then great PR follows as the league enters lockout.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
This right here makes me think that you've never played football. Practice is nothing like a game, he can go through a million practices and its not going to compare to the speed and atmosphere of a game, especially after sitting out playing as little as he did last year. He got to practice for a year, whoopty ******* doo, the fact that he played as well as he did so quickly is ridiculous.
Except that I have, not that it has any relevance to subject at hand.

And I'm sure because you played high school football it's comparable to what practice is like at an NFL level. Training camp and practice holds huge value in all professional sports, and it's how most coaches decide if a player is ready or not.

It's more than just practice too. Vick had plenty of time to run, lift weights, read the playbook, and prepare himself for the NFL. Not to mention he decided to stop being lazy and actually find some work ethic by his own admission. My guess is his new found work ethic had more to do with his success than anything else.

I'm not saying what he's done isn't very impressive, but compared to somebody coming off a serious injury who has to not only battle time off from the injury but the pain, setbacks, and limitations that come from an injury are just as difficult, if not more so than not playing football for 18 months.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
unself
Rookie

unself is so money.unself is so money.unself is so money.unself is so money.unself is so money.unself is so money.unself is so money.unself is so money.unself is so money.unself is so money.unself is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Hmmm, I didn't know that Mike Vick murder dogs for fun. This is a pretty ignorant comparison. Be quiet.
This is pretty awful too. First, I imagine the Hitler comparison was at least somewhat tongue in cheek. Second, your assessment of Hitler and Vick are pretty off base. Hitler had a purpose (albeit unconscionable) in killing, it's a big misguided to suggest that he did it for the fun. Vick also had a purpose; obviously he enjoyed the spectacle of dog-fighting while running a business. So, like Hitler, you certainly can't take "fun" out of the equation entirely, it's a little too charitable.
unself is offline   Reply With Quote