Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
scpanther22
Rookie

scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.
Default what happened to Tommie Harris?

I thought with Peppers on the line he would have a great year. now there is talk of cutting him.

Quote:
The Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs thinks DT Matt Toeaina's extension is another indication that Tommie Harris will not be back next season.

Harris has started over Toeaina the last three games, but he's due a $2.5 million roster bonus on June 1 that the Bears probably aren't willing to pay. He has just 11 tackles and half a sack in 14 games this season, as he's clearly past his prime.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=2776
scpanther22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Injuries happened. His knees are shot. I bet he finds a job somewhere else. He was something of a freak athlete at DT when he came into the league, very similar measurables wise to Warren Sapp.

Dude's body hasn't cooperated, that's all.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said in the "best d-linemen" thread that I've convinced myself the Bears would have beaten the Colts in that Subparbowl if Harris had played and gotten any kind of interior pressure at all on Manning.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
CameronCropper
Rookie

CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every time Tommie Harris makes a play (and believe me, that's not often) there's a little part of me that hopes he's returning back to form, but the injuries have made him an entirely different player now than he was when he entered the league.

At best Tommie is going to be a role player in a rotation for some team, at worst I think he'll be out of the league in a couple of years.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's really depressing. During his second season, I really thought he was going to be his generations Warren Sapp. The guy was as good an all around interior lineman as I have seen in the last 10 years.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sucks. But sometimes the body just doesn't want to cooperate.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only reason he fell to the Bears was his history of knee problems. We rolled the dice, and it was good for about 3.5 seasons. Those knees just got worse and worse and he plays like a guy who's going through the motions. No motor at all. He's garbage. It's sad that his only saving grace is that he's an average tackle against the run.

Matt Toeaina, a 6th rounder we signed off of Cinci's practice squad, is waaaaaaayyyyy better.

Tommie is so getting cut after this season.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Dewayne Robertson. Poor Dewayne had no knees, and toughed it out in a brutal 3-4 switch.

Sorry for making this go towards the Jets, but I always think of him when Tommie comes up, even if he was a lesser player.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I said in the "best d-linemen" thread that I've convinced myself the Bears would have beaten the Colts in that Subparbowl if Harris had played and gotten any kind of interior pressure at all on Manning.
I think we would have won if Orton was our QB....we didn't need Rex that year. Our run game, defense and special teams were ridiculous. We started off with the Hester return TD, then picked off Manning. But Rexy had to be the fuckup that he is and couldn't even deliver 3 and outs to rest our defense.....A game manager who just wouldn't have turned the ball over and could maybe pick up a first down or two with his arm was all we needed....sigh. Wasted year.......

Waaaaaay off topic though.

Back to Tommie, he's shot. His body has broken down in the worst way possible for his style of play. His explosion is gone and he lacks the motor to make up for it. He'll definitely be cut and maybe some team can salvage a solid rotational tackle out of him for a cheap deal....Part of me doubts it though.

That said, Drake Nevis in the 2nd/3rd round would look just amazing in a Bears uni.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:35 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Tommie, his saving grace is that he is probably the most beastly DT in the history of Madden, or at least recent history ;)

I hate seeing beasts get injured, even on the Bears because you want to see the best players play, plus the more beastly DL in our division the more likely we might actually try to put together an OL to combat it... or I can dream at least...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:42 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I bet he finds a job somewhere else.
You mean like at McDonald's? He's done as an NFL player; he sucks big time.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:17 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
You mean like at McDonald's? He's done as an NFL player; he sucks big time.
He's still a decent player. He's not a stater and more of a rotation guy but he's still can blow up a gap and plays the run well. He just doesnt have the ability to really finish the play and sack the QB anymore.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote