Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-29-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I'm so pissed right now. If we win this game and end up around pick 12... i'll probably shoot a baby.
Players want to win. Coach wants to win. Hell JJ 'expects' a win. Season is ending just as it has been all season.... a disappointment.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we beat Philly. Vick isn't playing but Kolb is, and we have McGee. They are still gonna be favorites, honestly right now I'm loving our pick. Anything or anywhere in the top 10 is lovely, I'm ok with missing out on PP because were gonna get a great player. Or the better word is should, I'm excited.

Btw I was at that Arizona, craziest game I've ever been to personally. Sat literally 1 row behind Miles Austins dad, didn't believe it was him until someone next to me told me so that was pretty cool. Atmosphere was crazy, ridiculous how many Cowboy fans are out of Texas. I sure did get my moneys worth that's for damn sure, in hindsight I'm gonna be happy we lost that game but I sure did leave pissed lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does everyone feel about Garrett now?
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 losses by what...8 pts total? Cowboys didn't give up in any game after being down. There's only so much he can do in a few games. The defense is literally...pretty much the worst in the league. He's been able to put up 30+ with Kitna/McGee, and various injuries to Dez/Roy/Felix/Barber and the O-line.
Get a dcoord in there worth his salt, and I can see him turning things around pretty easily.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd feel better about Garrett if he got a good D-coordinator like Rob Ryan or Mike Nolan. He can motivate a team, but how far does that go? In many ways he's reminding me of Mike Singletary when he was the interim coach. Everyone was excited that he would be hard on the team, but there's more to being a coach than that.

Right now he's showed that he can take a struggling team and get them fired up to play, but that can flame out if he doesn't have what it takes to build a team long term. A lot of people have said that he should have locked the spot up, but that's not the case for me. If he was hired I could understand, but his stint hasn't been so good that he should be the sole choice as coach regardless of who is out there.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I'd feel better about Garrett if he got a good D-coordinator like Rob Ryan or Mike Nolan. He can motivate a team, but how far does that go? In many ways he's reminding me of Mike Singletary when he was the interim coach. Everyone was excited that he would be hard on the team, but there's more to being a coach than that. .

Those are great points. Completely agree. I like what Garrett has done, but I agree with the process of let's bring in some good guys for the interview process instead of rushing to judgement. There are a few guys who if available I would take over Garrett, but I wouldn't be upset in the least if he gets the job.

Quote:
Old 12-29-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing that worries me about Garrett is his talent evaluations. He wanted Brad Johnson, Felix over Mendenhall, and McGee with the 1st pick of the 4th round. Thats a few that I know of, who knows about his input for the OLine ect..

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't feel comfortable with Garrett still having control over the playcalling, which I can't invision him giving up if he stays as HC.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What as a headcoach has made you leery about his playcalling?

30 ppg avg with Kitna at the helm and a struggling o-line isn't good enough?

I'm not being an asshole, but it's been pretty night and day...He's been running the ball more, and has shown to be able to overcome being down early.

I want a veteran OC to take over play calling duties, but Garrett's job thus far is pretty remarkable.

I worry about his talent evaluations like Pocketaces says more than anything else.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 12-29-2010 at 08:31 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post

I'm not being an asshole, but it's been pretty night and day...He's been running the ball more, and has shown to be able to overcome being down early.

I want a veteran OC to take over play calling duties, but Garrett's job thus far is pretty remarkable.

I worry about his talent evaluations like Pocketaces says more than anything else.
Garrett's production has been pretty good on average throughout his time here. Certainly there have been times and games where I think the offense has underacheived and has cost us the game and even the season, but on the whole he's done pretty well. If we can get a really top flight DC who can help manufacture some pressure, I think Garrett would do fine.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post

See if I'm grading Garrett on play-calling, I think it would be short sighted to just grade him since he's been the HC. Granted since then he's done well, but he's been calling plays here for a long time and it's not his strongest suit.

Yes our offense has always put up yardage but look at the weapons he's had to work with. I don't think he should just get credit simply because we rack up yardage, I think can think of more then 15 OC's right now who could take our talent and produce just the same.

Garrett just tends to get way too cute for me, especially in crucial situations. I have never been a fan of those types of guys. I'm not saying I don't want to give him a chance, but if Fisher becomes available I'm not sure I'd prefer Garrett over him.

Quote:
Old 12-30-2010, 09:25 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

If jerry doesn't hire garrett this franchise is going in the wrong direction, end of story.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:39 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
If jerry doesn't hire garrett this franchise is going in the wrong direction, end of story.
Heh, here we go. I bet there was a time you were clamoring to fire Garrett also right? Because we all know the ONLY good Head Coach available this season will be Garrett, because all his HC experience shows us he's better then anyone else we can interview so were doomed if we don't get him lol.

Quote:
Old 12-30-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:

We had an epic collapse this season. We were a playoff team a year ago and Super Bowl favorites at the start of the season by many. Most organizations clean house when things like this happen.

I'm not impressed with what Garrett has done, especially when you consider that last 2 weeks. So we kept it tight against PHI and NO, guess what, all 5 of our first 5 loses were within a TD. Almost is not good enough, Wade proved that. This team crumbles at the end of games, and that has not changed since JG took over.

/rant
Old 12-30-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

YOU NEED CONTINUITY.

If Jason Garrett leaves and becomes a great coach, I will tell you I told you so.

If we hire someone new like a Fisher, we'd have to start over. He doesn't run the 3-4.

Garrertt is the smartest decision. It's time to get a coach for the next 10+ years.

Thats my opinion. Disagree all you want.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Ok so when the Cowboys beat the Eagles backups, that's going to drop the draft pick how many spots?
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Opinions are what we are looking for, but to just flat out say "if Garrett isn't the hire this franchise is going in the wrong direction end of story" is just baseless. You don't even know who we are going to interview yet. Continuity is doing Tennessee so great huh? Fisher being there so long has won them so many SB's. Kubiak in Houston has done so well.

Then again maybe KC should have kept all their same coaches, because rehauling and starting new with Haley, Crennell, and Weis hasn't really done anything for them. A good coach is a good coach, whether it's Garrett or another guy, I'm keeping my options open. I don't think it's as simple as your making it out to be like he NEEDS to be the coach.

I think he's earned it, but this organization deserves to treat the process seriously and take the best fit.

Quote:
Old 12-30-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

If we win, we could go from pick 6 or 7, all the way down to around 14..

So i'm praying for Kevin Kolb to go off.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Opinions are what we are looking for, but to just flat out say "if Garrett isn't the hire this franchise is going in the wrong direction end of story" is just baseless. You don't even know who we are going to interview yet. Continuity is doing Tennessee so great huh? Fisher being there so long has won them so many SB's. Kubiak in Houston has done so well.

Then again maybe KC should have kept all their same coaches, because rehauling and starting new with Haley, Crennell, and Weis hasn't really done anything for them. A good coach is a good coach, whether it's Garrett or another guy, I'm keeping my options open. I don't think it's as simple as your making it out to be like he NEEDS to be the coach.

I think he's earned it, but this organization deserves to treat the process seriously and take the best fit.
I respect what your saying LL, and they definitly should take the proper steps, but I think for this franchise to finally be a consistent contender, they should hire garrett.

enough of the guys who have been in the business for 30 years with grey hair. Time to get a young, brilliant mind.

I believe in Garrett, and that's who I want.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
The thing that worries me about Garrett is his talent evaluations. He wanted Brad Johnson, Felix over Mendenhall, and McGee with the 1st pick of the 4th round. Thats a few that I know of, who knows about his input for the OLine ect..
Hmm... How true is this? I'm questionable on believing this.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Ok so when the Cowboys beat the Eagles backups, that's going to drop the draft pick how many spots?
I think Stephen McGee is going to start. The Eagles backups will have a field day. I fully expect to lose. Kolb wants to prove that he deserves to start for an NFL team and the Eagles want to boost his trade value to get a high draft pick.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Here's something to think about, if Fisher does indeed become the next HC (rumors are really picking up) we become a potential landing spot for Albert Hanyesworth. He will be cut by Washington this offseason and his reputation around the league has really been tarnished, however Jeff Fisher had him playing like the DPOY back in 08. Albert will be cheap and is still relatively young, Fisher knows how good he can be. He would make that move to a Fisher 4-3 much much easier. Thoughts?
Old 12-30-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Here's something to think about, if Fisher does indeed become the next HC (rumors are really picking up) we become a potential landing spot for Albert Hanyesworth. He will be cut by Washington this offseason and his reputation around the league has really been tarnished, however Jeff Fisher had him playing like the DPOY back in 08. Albert will be cheap and is still relatively young, Fisher knows how good he can be. He would make that move to a Fisher 4-3 much much easier. Thoughts?
Albert is only beastly like that when he's playing for a contract. Granted, he wasn't too bad in Tennessee before that. He was a decent player that contributed, but he always played well under his abilities. When playing for a contract in 07 and 08 he was a nightmare, and one of the best defensive players in the game. I'd love to see that, but it's not worth the risk. The Cowboys need to move away from guys like that because they are just extra burdens when things get tough. The biggest thing that has plagued this team this decade is players underachieving.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Screw Fisher. Screw Haynesworth. We need neither.

Wanna talk about a coach that can help this team? Talk about 3-4 DC candidates.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I want to keep the 3-4, but I will say I wouldn't be totally against the 4-3 if we brought in the right coaches. As much as people say it'd be easy for Ware and he is athletic enough to make the switch, you just get nervous about making a change like that when you have a guy as talented as Ware.

Haynesworth I want no part of. As dominant as he can be, he is way too hot and cold, it'd work on a team who could get the most out of him but lazy players usually don't come to Dallas and then start to work hard. We don't even have the type of leadership to keep him in line, Witten & Ware won't get in his face to tell him to get his **** together.

Quote: