Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-30-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Switching to the 4-3 wouldn't hinder Ware at all. He's better in a 3-4 because he can roam, but it's not like he wouldn't get a chance to do that in a 4-3. Just look at how being in both the 3-4 and 4-3 has affected John Abraham's career. He's been great in both, so I can imagine Ware being a beast in a 4-3.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hmm... How true is this? I'm questionable on believing this.
How so? Which part?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This brings us to Garrett. In 2008 he believed Brad Johnson could be a serviceable backup and was proven to be wrong. In 2009 he was high on Stephen McGee, who was picked in the fourth round. Questions remain about him, too.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...ch-must-b.html

What about the fact Austin and Choice never got a chance until someone was injured? I really question his evaluating abilities

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 12-30-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

That is a valid point, but Garrett is going to be the head coach.

Can we talk about the draft?

If we lose sunday.. the campaign for PP is in effect!!!
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post

PP is going top 3. Mark it down.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That is not certain at all.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

After watching Prince tonight, i'm 100% fine with him too.

PP, Prince, Fairley, or a trade down.

Those are the only 4 options in my opinion.

3-4 OLB like a Bowers or Quinn is to much of a luxury with the holes on this team right now.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:03 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
That is not certain at all.
Get your boner for Jeff Fisher outta here dude lol. It's not happening, and if it does, it's a terrible move. Tennessee has been a joke since for the last 7+ years.

He sucks and is re-tred. Plus we are sticking with the 3-4, jerry said it. Sorry...
Old 12-31-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Get your boner for Jeff Fisher outta here dude lol. It's not happening, and if it does, it's a terrible move. Tennessee has been a joke since for the last 7+ years.

He sucks and is re-tred. Plus we are sticking with the 3-4, jerry said it. Sorry...
http://espn.go.com/dallas/radio/archive?id=4503349

It's the first radio interview, Ed Werder talking about if Fisher leaves Tenn. he's Jerry's #1 guy.

Stop acting like Fisher is not a real option, Jerry has thought very highly of FIsher for a long time and it's well documented.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Dude, that's ESPN rumor garbage. Well why do you want him?

He sucks. Hell no do I want him over Garrett.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Why do I want him? Because he'll never be a Jerry 'yes' man, he's as big a disciplinarian as they come, he's one of the most experienced coaches in the league, he will bring with him arguably the best offensive/defensive line coaches in the business, his teams always play great defense, he's a winner, do I need to go on?

I don't get your hate for Fisher, I'll admit I'm not the biggest Garrett fan but Jason will definitely be in the top 2 candidates for the job. He has done some good things, but he has zero experience. I'll take the guy overly qualified for the job 10/10 times, which ever way you want to spin it, Garrett will be a gamble simply because we don't know what he can do. Could he be a successful HC? maybe. But I KNOW Fisher is.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Tennessee was 13-3 in 2008, and made the playoffs in 2007 so it's not like they've sucked for 7 years. Not to say I'd pick him over Garrett, but he's had some success recently.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Why do I want him? Because he'll never be a Jerry 'yes' man, he's as big a disciplinarian as they come, he's one of the most experienced coaches in the league, he will bring with him arguably the best offensive/defensive line coaches in the business, his teams always play great defense, he's a winner, do I need to go on?

I don't get your hate for Fisher, I'll admit I'm not the biggest Garrett fan but Jason will definitely be in the top 2 candidates for the job. He has done some good things, but he has zero experience. I'll take the guy overly qualified for the job 10/10 times, which ever way you want to spin it, Garrett will be a gamble simply because we don't know what he can do. Could he be a successful HC? maybe. But I KNOW Fisher is.
How is he successful? In 15 years his win percentage is something like .530, i forgot the exact number but its under .550 and he has 1 superbowl loss..

No thanks. It's time for a new direction with a brilliant young mind.

Garrett isn't a jerry 'yes' man either. he handles himself.

Just because tennesee's owner keeps him around doesn't mean he's good.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Dude, here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Fisher

.544 all time, and he's 5-6 in the playoffs!!! with one superbowl run, which he lost. So besides that, he's won 2 playoff games in 15 years.

No thanks dude. He sucks.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's one helluva standard you have if you think Fisher's record sucks. I know he isn't the second coming, but a record like that is pretty good when you consider that he's been to the Super Bowl and some AF title games in the same division as Manning's Colts.

Also, if he sucks by those standards, then Garrett must really be a ****** choice. He's barely above .500 right now, and he's been a often criticized coordinator with tons of talent. He may end up being a great coach, but you don't have to tear down Fisher to support him.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I just think fisher won't succeed. I want a new, young type of mind.

Agree to disagree.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I just think fisher won't succeed. I want a new, young type of mind.

Agree to disagree.
Well...I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend. You could capsize in all the hate that you've been living in, and if you do not want to like Jerrah again I would understand.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well who all wants to win this weekend, and who wants to lose?

You all know how I typically feel about it, but this week it seems different, I'm almost split. Right now, before the game I feel like if we lost I'd be happy, afterwards to, but once it starts I'll want to win and do well the entire time like usual.

I guess this will be one of those weeks where I can sit back and relax watching the game not all stressed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Im pretty sure were going to win, and i'm gonna be pissed as hell.

To go from #6 in the draft to 12 to 14.... that's huge.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think not tanking the season has been good for the franchise, from being able to evaluate Garrett and allowing some young guys to develop in a non free-for-all type setting, but winning tomorrow just limits your options severely in the draft. I'll be cheering against Dallas tomorrow.

Now here is an hypothetical situation for you. Suppose Jerrah is still on the fence and a win over Philly makes up his mind that Garrett is the guy. Do you cheer for a win even though you know it'll cost us 6-8 spots, if it means Garrett gets the hire?
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Thought was what I was thinking myself... I want to lose, but not at the expense of garrett.

Unless Jerry has already told Garrett he is his guy behind closed doors..
Old 01-02-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Garrett is the coach baby!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!

Now it's time to bomb this game against the eagles.

finally a legit coach.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Garrett is the coach baby!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!

Now it's time to bomb this game against the eagles.

finally a legit coach.
You know how I feel about it, I think this is a huge mistake.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

How? Give me a reason?

The dude is a boss. End of story.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
How? Give me a reason?

The dude is a boss. End of story.
We were 1-7 at the start of the season with all those offensive weapons yet we ranked 20th in scoring, you wanna look for the reason we started off bad then look at the offense (JG). His offense is predictable, and we still had late game collapses the last 2 weeks to the Cards and Skins, both led by bush league QBs.

The fact that Jerry is making this decision before even giving other coaches an interview is troublesome. Mark it down, Garrett is Dave Campo 2.0, just another yes-man. This hire has more to do with Jerry now still being able to run the team than with Garrett giving us the best chance to win.