Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

View Poll Results: Should Sprano get fired
Yes 4 40.00%
No 6 60.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Should Tony Sparano get fired

Yes or No?

EDIT- Opps, spelled his name wrong in poll. I hope you guys find it in your hearts to forgive me for my grammer fail. :(

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After today's game Sparano needs to go. Im tired of this coaching staff playing it safe when we have the lead. They play for FG's instead of trying to score a touchdown. They have no balls or swagger.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still a Sparano fan personally but it definitely doesn't sound good. It definitely looks like we're moving closer and closer to a Carl Peterson era in Miami and I'm not entirely sure who he'd target as a head coach. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not too thrilled about Peterson. He was downright awful in his final decade in Kansas City in terms of identifying young talent. He does well in free agency but he doesn't seem to handle aging players well and gets poor value for players when he does move them. I will say this, I'm going to have a lot less optimism about the next regime when they start out than I did when the current regime came in.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Carl Peterson?

HELLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Its crazy how everyone is assuming Peterson will join the franchise. And its all because him and Ross are friends/ business partners. I dont think there is any question that Ross does go to Peterson for some input but I think thats as far as it will go. Dont think Peterson is even interested in coming back. You also gotta add that he is a very old, old man who might not have the energy for this type of commitment.

Last edited by Da-Phins : 12-27-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Sparano has been one of my favorite coaches and underrated in my eyes. He needs a decent QB and an offensive coordinator. He's a defensive guy correct? Because if he is the brains behind the offense then my respect for him gets dropped down a notch.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Tony Sparano has been one of my favorite coaches and underrated in my eyes. He needs a decent QB and an offensive coordinator. He's a defensive guy correct? Because if he is the brains behind the offense then my respect for him gets dropped down a notch.
Nope, he's an offensive guy. His specialty is suppose to be the OL but our OL has been constantly overturning and have not been getting positive results since the 08 season.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, Sparano is an offensive guy. I have nothing against what he's done on the o-line, it was the strength of the team the last two years and has decimated by injury this year so I blame some of its downfall on that.

As for Carl Peterson, I think you are mistaken if you think he's not interested or too old. He didn't retire from KC, he was pushed out. He's already been brought into the organization in an advisory role and I have little doubt that he wouldn't take the position if offered. The one good thing about King Carl is that he's always been good at identifying and hiring good coaches. This could be key because if he does come back, you are right in thinking that it won't be for too long because of his age (probably about 5 years...) so it'd be nice if King Carl identified a nice young coach that would position us well for the long haul.

I'd still like to give Sparano one more year though. Go out and get a PROVEN offensive coordinator that isn't over the hill (or was out of football for two years when you brought him in >.<) and go from there. There's gotta be a better offensive scheme that fits our strengths better than the one we've been running...

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-31-2010, 01:44 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Yes, Sparano is an offensive guy. I have nothing against what he's done on the o-line, it was the strength of the team the last two years and has decimated by injury this year so I blame some of its downfall on that.

As for Carl Peterson, I think you are mistaken if you think he's not interested or too old. He didn't retire from KC, he was pushed out. He's already been brought into the organization in an advisory role and I have little doubt that he wouldn't take the position if offered. The one good thing about King Carl is that he's always been good at identifying and hiring good coaches. This could be key because if he does come back, you are right in thinking that it won't be for too long because of his age (probably about 5 years...) so it'd be nice if King Carl identified a nice young coach that would position us well for the long haul.

I'd still like to give Sparano one more year though. Go out and get a PROVEN offensive coordinator that isn't over the hill (or was out of football for two years when you brought him in >.<) and go from there. There's gotta be a better offensive scheme that fits our strengths better than the one we've been running...

Agreed. Give Sparano another year with someone like McDaniels or maybe even Jason Garrett running the offense. And draft a new QB like Locker or Gabbert. Either would be a tremendous fit for our offense and allow us to open up things on offense. Then draft another RB to go along with either Ronnie or Ricky, whichever is brought back. And another deep ball threat at WR to go opposite Marshall. Then get some guys to protect a little better. All these things should go a long way towards helping out the team and Sparano realize the potential this team has.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Soooooo boys and girls, who wants Sparano back now?

Old 01-05-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Me. I know the players are bashing him but I still wouldn't mind bringing him back. Take away his play-calling influence on offense, go out and get a real OC and see what we can do. I really don't like the way Ross is handling it and I actually feel bad for Sparano.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-05-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Me. I know the players are bashing him but I still wouldn't mind bringing him back. Take away his play-calling influence on offense, go out and get a real OC and see what we can do. I really don't like the way Ross is handling it and I actually feel bad for Sparano.
Sparano shouldnt have put himself in this position in the first place. This is business. Gotta man up in the NFL.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he's head coaching material. The poor guy is clueless.

The owner should get rid of him like yesterday.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote