Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 12-27-2010, 01:03 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Tebow, I just hope he doesn't get knocked-the-****-out. He took a shot from Brian Cushing today, and there will be a lot more of those to come. Can't wait to see how he does against a solid San Diego defense next week.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Tebow played well today. The jump ball to Lloyd has been part of the offense all year long, so I'm not going to criticize him for taking those shots. He's pretty much the anti-Orton with his mobility and leadership.

On a related note, I noticed Champ was changing his tune a little bit after the game... suddenly he's hoping he'll get to play many more games with Tebow. Interesting.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
regardless of what champ does, i'm still of the opinion that we should be taking amukamara or peterson if we pick in the top 3 and there isn't value in a trade down. bowers would be a horrific pick for a 34 DE, and i don't buy that fairley's worth it.

i'm highly interested in dissenting opinions if anyone has one.
Fairley better put on some weight. Dude's strong as it is, but unless we plan on using him as an end, I'd think our starting nose tackle had bettter be at least 315. As for Peterson and Amukamara, I'm not the biggest Prince fan and I honestly don't think he's even a top 10 pick. He gets behind his man a little too much for a top 10 corner pick i.m.o., and gets flat outran sometimes. the good news is that he plays the ball correctly once he's behind. If he had a little more recovery speed, I'd say go for it.

I don't get the big deal with this guy. I'd almost go as far as saying he deserves to slip to the late 1st. I will need to watch his bowl game before I'm able to truly back that up, though.

I'm convinced Peterson is the best corner prospect in at least 5 years and that he is worth a top 5 overall pick. Even at #2.

Last edited by Jimmy : 12-27-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

P.S. I did the math including strength of schedule tie breaking, and the worst we can draft at this point is #5.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I loved watching Tebow in this game, his ability to improvise and scrap are extremely fun to watch. Not a whole lot different in how Michael Vick makes something out of nothing. Maybe even more along the lines of Steve Young (Broncos fans can certainly hope).

I noted that some fans were hoping for losses so as to get a better draft pick, that could be traded for a quantity of other picks. It's better to get a win or two, to drop down to a "tradeable" draft slot, such as the number five noted above. It's a rarity when a top 2 or 3 pick can be bartered.
MizzouBig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

has anyone living in colorado been able to see much of jimmy smith? i've liked what i've seen from him, but i don't get that many cu games. definitely a guy that i wouldn't mind targeting with our high second rounder
Old 12-27-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what don't you like about him? i know he loses his focus at times and isn't much in run support, is he too raw?
Old 12-27-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to admit it, but I was kind of rooting for Timmy towards the end of that game. I have a lot of friends in Denver and I know how much that win meant to them haha.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I may be in the minority here, but I think we need a switch back to the 4-3. Besides Elvis, nobody on our defense fits the 3-4, and Elvis has proven that he can play in either system. Also, there is no way we can afford to take a DB at #2 when we are so god-awful in the trenches. Franchise Champ and go front-seven the first three picks. We still need a MLB. We still need a pass-rush. We still need a disruptive force up-the-middle. Those needs come first, IMO. And Fairley / Bowers / Quinn are all top-5 talents and worthy candidates.

WELCOME REALITY

Last edited by jCut : 12-27-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
bowers and quinn (and really fairley) are, imo, poor choices in the top 5 for a 3-4. if we went back to a 4-3, i'd fully agree, but if we stick in the 3-4, CB would offer us the best potential player for our pick, and i don't believe this is a defense that can't use a great player at any position other than OLB. i think the idea of spending a top 5 pick on a 34 DE is insane. especially when people are suggesting that bowers or quinn should play the spot.
Do you see Peterson playing corner or safety in that defense?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:38 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if you think he can play Safety then yes take him, resign Champ and don't look back. If not then you draft a DT or DE and go that way... I like PP a lot. But I'm a BPA guy all the way so if someone grades out better I'll take them.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep PP at CB. If Champ re-signs or is franchised, you got Champ and PP at CB which is crazy and Champ can mentor for at least a season.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:25 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
there isn't a single 34 DE or NT that would/will grade out higher. period.
I wouldn't go that far just yet. I still think Fairley would make a fine 3-4 end. Let's see what happens after workouts.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 12-29-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
he'd be ok, but he'd be a complete waste. why bother with a guy who will just be ok?

* assuming, of course, we stay in a 34. in a 43, everything changes.
That's my point, kind of. I don't see either PP or Amukamara as GREAT players, and I'm not a big fan of taking DBs that early in the draft. It's a tough position to be in. Most 3-4 prospects just aren't worth a top-5 pick. Hopefully, we either switch back to a 4-3 or trade down.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 12-29-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about Mike Mularkey?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...-fit-in-denver

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

meh, he wouldn't be the most inspiring hire, but i doubt he'd be any worse than someone like nolan or kubiak.

i guess i'm not overly concerned about who the next head coach is, as long as we bring in a legit gm.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:10 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He did throw some good balls. Enough to convince me he might be the guy. He needs to work on his footwork, that hurt him more than the motion, especially getting those feet planted and transferring the power from your hips and everything. Regardless, overcoming that deficit against one of the better second half teams is impressive.

Enough about Tebow.
I for one would like to see a change to the 4-3.
I think we really aren't built for a 3-4. Need to pretty much replace the whole front 7 (with the exception of Doom, Ayers is safe for a year, and Mays might be able to start) but it doesn't fit us.
I know everyone is all like but we payed Doom so we need to stay 3-4, because he is terrible in a 4-3. I think bringing in some talent at DT (Fairley is a beast) will make his job easier, plus I mean he isn't a complete 3-4 OLB either..Ayers looks like a protypical 4-3 DE, and I think he would really prosper with his hand on the ground. He was pretty explosive with his hand on the ground at Tennesse, and I think that would help our pass rush too. I always want the guy who will make the most impact, and unless PP goes to safety I think that is by far Nick Fairley on the defensive side. The guy is a monster, and will improve our defense greatly. I could see us getting a guy like Greg Jones to be an MLB (He's smaller, but he has good speed/instinct/leadership (sorely needed on defense). As for the other OLB position, maybe targeting Bruce Carter, put Woodyard there for now, maybe Donta Hightower would work. The point being we have some options there. And those could all be in the 3rd round. With our other 2nd rounder we could grab a DB on the board, the CB class is pretty deep,and who knows a guy like Moore/Tate might drop there. Or we can use it to get another DT, someone like Nevis might drop (especially if his combine is bad, which wouldn't be a surprise). Otherwise we could go after a TE there, and get a safety/DB guy later Another option is to put Jones as an OLB in the 4-3 (It would fit fine) and then get someone like Shepard to play in the middle. Shepard is kind of slow but great instincts/leadership/good tackler/has a lot of strength/fights off blockers well..
Love to sign Eric Weddle.

If we stay 3-4 I suggest something like...
A: Take Peterson draft normal
B: Trade down/stock pile picks
I can't really project the value of Option B, but A would look something like...
Peterson - 1st round
Moch (It would make a nice pass rush duo, he can immediately contribute as pass rush specialist/with good tackling skills he can be starting OLB, maybe Ayers moves inside/trade baited/or becomes depth) -2nd
Taylor/Powe (Need for 3-4 NT, I have both as my top linemen) 2nd
Shepherd (or some sort of ILB here, draft is kind of weak here, so I wouldn't even mind getting another linemen) 3rd
and then just go for value past that point
Sign an ILB at least as stop gap and use Mays/Ayers/D.J for the other position

Also what do you guys think about Champ staying? I know he expressed disappointment and said he was going to go,but that was when the Broncos were probably at the lowest part of their season. He stated before this year that he had wanted to remain a Bronco, and given the recent "success" of the team maybe he stays. He seems to have a mancrush on Tebow as well.

I'd like to see Rivera in some form on this team.
And I would like to keep Ben McDaniels, he seems to be doing a good job with QBs..
Everyone else needs to be fired. I wouldn't mind Kubiak as OC, he can coach QBs, and I think his system would work well for Tebow. He might be able to resurrect our running game.

Last edited by DBNYDP : 12-30-2010 at 04:21 AM.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
MattyFos
Rookie

MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNYDP View Post
He did throw some good balls. Enough to convince me he might be the guy. He needs to work on his footwork, that hurt him more than the motion, especially getting those feet planted and transferring the power from your hips and everything. Regardless, overcoming that deficit against one of the better second half teams is impressive.

Enough about Tebow.
I for one would like to see a change to the 4-3.
I think we really aren't built for a 3-4. Need to pretty much replace the whole front 7 (with the exception of Doom, Ayers is safe for a year, and Mays might be able to start) but it doesn't fit us.
I know everyone is all like but we payed Doom so we need to stay 3-4, because he is terrible in a 4-3. I think bringing in some talent at DT (Fairley is a beast) will make his job easier, plus I mean he isn't a complete 3-4 OLB either..Ayers looks like a protypical 4-3 DE, and I think he would really prosper with his hand on the ground. He was pretty explosive with his hand on the ground at Tennesse, and I think that would help our pass rush too. I always want the guy who will make the most impact, and unless PP goes to safety I think that is by far Nick Fairley on the defensive side. The guy is a monster, and will improve our defense greatly. I could see us getting a guy like Greg Jones to be an MLB (He's smaller, but he has good speed/instinct/leadership (sorely needed on defense). As for the other OLB position, maybe targeting Bruce Carter, put Woodyard there for now, maybe Donta Hightower would work. The point being we have some options there. And those could all be in the 3rd round. With our other 2nd rounder we could grab a DB on the board, the CB class is pretty deep,and who knows a guy like Moore/Tate might drop there. Or we can use it to get another DT, someone like Nevis might drop (especially if his combine is bad, which wouldn't be a surprise). Otherwise we could go after a TE there, and get a safety/DB guy later Another option is to put Jones as an OLB in the 4-3 (It would fit fine) and then get someone like Shepard to play in the middle. Shepard is kind of slow but great instincts/leadership/good tackler/has a lot of strength/fights off blockers well..
Love to sign Eric Weddle.

If we stay 3-4 I suggest something like...
A: Take Peterson draft normal
B: Trade down/stock pile picks
I can't really project the value of Option B, but A would look something like...
Peterson - 1st round
Moch (It would make a nice pass rush duo, he can immediately contribute as pass rush specialist/with good tackling skills he can be starting OLB, maybe Ayers moves inside/trade baited/or becomes depth) -2nd
Taylor/Powe (Need for 3-4 NT, I have both as my top linemen) 2nd
Shepherd (or some sort of ILB here, draft is kind of weak here, so I wouldn't even mind getting another linemen) 3rd
and then just go for value past that point
Sign an ILB at least as stop gap and use Mays/Ayers/D.J for the other position

Also what do you guys think about Champ staying? I know he expressed disappointment and said he was going to go,but that was when the Broncos were probably at the lowest part of their season. He stated before this year that he had wanted to remain a Bronco, and given the recent "success" of the team maybe he stays. He seems to have a mancrush on Tebow as well.

I'd like to see Rivera in some form on this team.
And I would like to keep Ben McDaniels, he seems to be doing a good job with QBs..
Everyone else needs to be fired. I wouldn't mind Kubiak as OC, he can coach QBs, and I think his system would work well for Tebow. He might be able to resurrect our running game.

There can NEVER be enough Tebow! He got me like 28 points in my Fantasy Football league. Timmy T (as I've taken to calling him) is my dude. Wanted the Browns to take him in the second. Angry that the Broncos stole him!

Shout out to kalbears13. Best DC sig'er EVER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronCropper View Post
I've seen my fair share of nasty porn in my days, things that are much worse than Rex Ryan's videos, but something about knowing that Rex is behind the camera makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable.
MattyFos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
MattyFos
Rookie

MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.MattyFos could make a wolverine purr.

In all seriousness I hope Timmy T becomes a great NFL QB. No player, who comes to mind, deserves to be as good at his profession as he is at being a person. I have developed a big man crush on him since his final year at Florida. Can't wait to see the ESPN documentary I heard about.

Shout out to kalbears13. Best DC sig'er EVER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronCropper View Post
I've seen my fair share of nasty porn in my days, things that are much worse than Rex Ryan's videos, but something about knowing that Rex is behind the camera makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable.
MattyFos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Prince is officially out of the equation at #2. He yet again proved that he isn't worthy of a top 10 pick, had MAYBE an above average game last night. I'd attribute his success to the complete inability of any Washington WR's to get off the l.o.s. (Dennard is the better, more physical Nebraska corner, btw) I watched Prince once again get outrun by several times, and the QB just simply missed the throw/read. Any team that takes this guy top 15 for that matter is NUTS. PP is really our only option at #2.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Da'Quan Bowers is playing at 12:00 EST, for anyone who wants a chance to see him play. Not the best fit, but if we go back to a 4-3 I think he is a more appropriate pick than PP at #2-5.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGO2T8VOYF0

Last edited by Jimmy : 12-31-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we go back to 4-3, then we need Fairley.

Dennard could be a nice late round pick for the Broncos if he declares/slips to later rounds.
Haggs is worth a look.
Helu had a terrible game. I was pretty high on him before this, not as much now.

Who was the Washington DT? And I didn't see if Mason Foster was too impressive, was he? Worth a look as a 4-3 MLB/3-4 ILB?

If we pick Bowers, I would assume we trade Doom, as many use him as the reason to not switch to 4-3. A Marshall like trade? 2 2nds perhaps? Best pass rusher in the league is pretty useful imo.

Last edited by DBNYDP : 12-31-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
i really don't want fairley. i'm hugely wary of taking a guy who's had one good season (outside of, for instance, a senior qb who didn't start until his final year). i don't really like bowers at all, but i'll check out the game later today...
But Fairley is just a flat-out beast. One year or not, you can't ignore that level of production and elite athletic ability.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

I can see where you are coming from.
I disagree but I don't think there is much point in debating it.
I'd look at Jenkins from Clemson too.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

given how terrible we are on defense, i really don't want to trade away the only proven player that we can build around. seems too much like a lateral move