Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-02-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got all prepared to play Cata, but then completely stopped playing right before the big patches came out and have no interest in gaming again. I go in cycles. Kind of like a semi-annual geek period.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
singe_101
Rookie

singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PC snobs can also sneer at 2008, 2009 tech that still runs most games. And don't get into 16:10 and IPS-panel superiority.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I got all prepared to play Cata, but then completely stopped playing right before the big patches came out and have no interest in gaming again. I go in cycles. Kind of like a semi-annual geek period.
I only really played wotlk for ICC until they started nerfing the **** out of it with the buffs, that patch was 12 ******* months long, I quit after like, maybe 2. I got cata tho, a bunch of my friends play so we leveled to 85 together, ran a few heroics and quit. Not going to renew 'til my friends can just carry me through everything lol
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'm the same way. Mainly, I'm a huge.. not sure how to put this.. planning geek when it comes to stuff like that. I love PLANNING. So, the idea of figuring out what talents I'll take, what gear to get, and how to get it usually convinces me to play again.. then I get bored of the inherent cheapness of such games and stop playing.

It is tempting, though, since my Frost Mages look wicked tough.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singe_101 View Post
PC snobs can also sneer at 2008, 2009 tech that still runs most games. And don't get into 16:10 and IPS-panel superiority.
I'm in the market for a new monitor, but IPS might be a bit too rich for my blood...plus I don't know that I've seen a Samsung IPS monitor, and that's the only brand I'll consider (I replace monitors at work all the time, but have had my Samsung LCD at home for ~9 years).
Old 01-03-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I really need a new monitor for my new computer I'm building but I'm very hesitant about purchasing one. I'd like to get an LCD one (extremely low ms response time since it will be for gaming) but I'm not sure which direction to go.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a 23 in. Acer LED monitor that I use for gaming(well everything actually lol)
And I absolutely love it! And it didn't break my bank either. Spent right at $200 for it.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I got a 23 in. Acer LED monitor that I use for gaming(well everything actually lol)
And I absolutely love it! And it didn't break my bank either. Spent right at $200 for it.
What's the contrast ratio/ms response time on it?
Old 01-03-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I'm not even going to lie about WoW, if I could find a way to get all the games through Cata for $50 or less I'd play it. But not going to pay $100 for that ****.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I recently downloaded Diablo II and it has taken over my life. Again.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
ahh, Diablo 3 is coming, prepare thyself friend. lol
Old 01-03-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
What's the contrast ratio/ms response time on it?
I had a brain fart and just realized I typed Acer earlier when I should have typed ASUS. doh!

Here it is on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-MS238H-23.../dp/B002ZVCGXQ
Old 01-03-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha. That was like 4 years of my life. Spent way too much time on that game.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm having weird problems. Everytime I try equipping Expansion items (Shrunken/Preserved heads for my Necromancer) the game freezes up. Now, I actually got him to equip it, but the game freezes every time I try to load the character.

Help? I'm running the game on a Mac. I read somewhere that it might be because I downloaded a DII patch to run on LOD (or the other way around) and I need to re-install. Anybody know which file is my saved character?
Old 01-04-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone played Mafia 2? Worth a torrent?
Old 01-04-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I had a brain fart and just realized I typed Acer earlier when I should have typed ASUS. doh!

Here it is on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-MS238H-23.../dp/B002ZVCGXQ
http://www.amazon.com/ML238H-23-Inch...de_a_smtd[

I was actually looking at that monitor myself. I'm always hesitant to buy monitors I haven't seen in person but the specs are pretty legit.

Quote:
I'm having weird problems. Everytime I try equipping Expansion items (Shrunken/Preserved heads for my Necromancer) the game freezes up. Now, I actually got him to equip it, but the game freezes every time I try to load the character.

Help? I'm running the game on a Mac. I read somewhere that it might be because I downloaded a DII patch to run on LOD (or the other way around) and I need to re-install. Anybody know which file is my saved character?
I think I found your problem right there.

Haha, in all seriousness though I'm not sure I can help.

On a related note, we should get 3-4 people from the forums and play some Diablo II online though! Would be awesome.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Anyone played Mafia 2? Worth a torrent?
Ive never played, but a couple gaming buddies I know play it pretty often and seem to like it quite a bit.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
http://www.amazon.com/ML238H-23-Inch...de_a_smtd[

I was actually looking at that monitor myself. I'm always hesitant to buy monitors I haven't seen in person but the specs are pretty legit.
All I can tell you is that I love mine. Colors and definitions are beautiful.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Anyone know somewhere to get an unused WoW cd key cheap? I'm pissed I missed the cyber Monday deal where they were selling wow and bc for $5 each and WotLk for $10.

It's $20 each wow and BC right now. $100 to get all through cata. Don't really want to drop that kinda money into the game, especially since I want to dual box and that means $120.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Anyone know somewhere to get an unused WoW cd key cheap? I'm pissed I missed the cyber Monday deal where they were selling wow and bc for $5 each and WotLk for $10.

It's $20 each wow and BC right now. $100 to get all through cata. Don't really want to drop that kinda money into the game, especially since I want to dual box and that means $120.
Craigs list maybe ebay? I think if you really want to play it that bad, you might just have to come up with the $$ for it.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone wants a WoW account sens me a pm. I'm looking to sell my second one since I have no need for it now that they changed the gold cap per character. Plus I don't want to pay for cata again and keep two active anymore...
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Got Diablo II to work again.

Random question, but what do the keys that monsters drop do? I have a million in my inventory, and I have no idea what they're for.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Random question, but what do the keys that monsters drop do? I have a million in my inventory, and I have no idea what they're for.
They open locked chests... You can find them periodically around.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
mitchaldavis
Rookie

mitchaldavis hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Few of my favourites are:
1. Warhammer Online
2. Bioshock
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops
4. Theme Park
5. Populos
mitchaldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:

I got a torrent for D2, but for the life of me I cant figure out how to get it to work.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition