Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 12-24-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
I say we see what Whitehurst can do for the rest of the season. We need to know what kind of player we got in exchange for that third-rounder. Hasselbeck is done. There's no reason to bring him back next year.

And... as I was writing this, I remember that we're in the NFC West, and actually still very much in contention for a playoff spot, and our season is by no means over.

Mind-bending.
I think Pete said he was going with Matt a couple of days ago. Not sure it means much really, we know they both arent the answer. My guess is next years starter is not even on the radar yet.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep having this discussion with my dad about how bad Whitehurts must be if he can't even unseat Hasselbeck...

I try to argue with him saying Hasselbeck gives them the best chance to win...but it's starting to feel like I'm just trying to defend him for what he has done for the Hawks and not how bad he is now...

And yes, Pete said that Matt was going to be starting this week...*sigh*

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really need you guys to beat TB tomorrow!!!

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there really even anything to say anymore?
Old 12-26-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nope...it's kind of sad but is it possible that this team is worse than our previous 2 teams?

Old 12-26-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

I was just reading someone's math on our draft position depending on the result of our game against the Rams. (Not saying it's accurate but it makes for interesting discussion)

If we win, we are drafting at 21, possibly lower if we managed to make a run deep into the playoffs.

If we lose we are drafting at 10 with almost no possibility to move down, only the possibility of moving up.

Now the implications are clear, by winning we are most likely removing ourselves from any hope of drafting an elite QB prospect, but we get to go to the playoffs. By losing we have our chance of getting that elite QB prospect (maybe) if the top underclassmen declare.

So my question is...do you prefer the Seahawks to win or lose against the Rams next week?

I am not talking about rooting against the Hawks to lose, but about which option you think is better for the team.

Personally, I am not going to be heartbroken if they lose. In fact I think it would probably be better for the longterm if they did. Whitehurst is clearly not the answer, and Hasselbeck is old (see "freak hip injury").

By winning they effectively take themselves out of the running for an elite QB prospect. Yet we get to watch them in the playoffs. After watching the team get destroyed week after week by double digits (9 of their games) and sometimes against bad teams (see Denver and SF), I am not sure that I want to see their performance in the playoffs.

Again, not rooting against the Hawks, but I think it's more beneficial LONG TERM for this team to lose.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
I was just reading someone's math on our draft position depending on the result of our game against the Rams. (Not saying it's accurate but it makes for interesting discussion)

If we win, we are drafting at 21, possibly lower if we managed to make a run deep into the playoffs.

If we lose we are drafting at 10 with almost no possibility to move down, only the possibility of moving up.

Now the implications are clear, by winning we are most likely removing ourselves from any hope of drafting an elite QB prospect, but we get to go to the playoffs. By losing we have our chance of getting that elite QB prospect (maybe) if the top underclassmen declare.

So my question is...do you prefer the Seahawks to win or lose against the Rams next week?

I am not talking about rooting against the Hawks to lose, but about which option you think is better for the team.

Personally, I am not going to be heartbroken if they lose. In fact I think it would probably be better for the longterm if they did. Whitehurst is clearly not the answer, and Hasselbeck is old (see "freak hip injury").

By winning they effectively take themselves out of the running for an elite QB prospect. Yet we get to watch them in the playoffs. After watching the team get destroyed week after week by double digits (9 of their games) and sometimes against bad teams (see Denver and SF), I am not sure that I want to see their performance in the playoffs.

Again, not rooting against the Hawks, but I think it's more beneficial LONG TERM for this team to lose.
For me, I want us to lose. We are not a playoff caliber team. I think it will actually hurt us going forward if we make the playoffs. This team just seems like its always injured and if we want to be serious next year then we need to be healthy and restocked with depth for next year, but thats just my opinion.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ugh... flexed to a sunday night game. that means Qwest is gonna be rockin. If we tank, we get better. If we win, we get embarassed in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whitehurst is supposed to start Sunday. Which might be a good thing, because he's really, really awful. I don't think hoping the Seahawks lose is being a poor fan; it's being realistic. They've looked horrendous most of the year. we've got six wins, and the only reason the playoffs are even a question is because the division is awful. We need to start grooming the next quarterback. Whitehurst looked like he was scared to throw the ball. Horrible.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of at a loss for words.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

think Locker pulls an Elway??? hope Locker pulls an Elway?

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

I'm still in shock that we won...

But if NFL personnel are as down on Locker as some people on these boards we still may get him from him dropping to us.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

we can only hope summond... we can only hope.

Quote:

Old 01-03-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

That has pretty much been the story of the last week. I hoped that the Huskies wouldn't embarrass themselves against Nebraska. I hoped that the Dawgs basketball team would sweep the LA schools in LA. I hoped that the Seahawks would win.

I was highly doubtful of every single one of those things and they all turned out good.

So I'm just gonna keep hoping that the Seahawks just didn't play themselves out of the running for a future franchise QB, and keep hoping that Locker falls to them.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good for the guys but it comes with a price. they would have had the 9th pick with a loss and now potentially it's 21st or later. What this also means is every round you pick 21st, over the course of 7 rounds you give up 84 draft spots.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are ******* embarrassing.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
think Locker pulls an Elway??? hope Locker pulls an Elway?
Unless you're going in the top 2 or 3 picks you dont have a lot of leverage.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Nobody's twisting your arm to read this stuff.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Good for the guys but it comes with a price. they would have had the 9th pick with a loss and now potentially it's 21st or later. What this also means is every round you pick 21st, over the course of 7 rounds you give up 84 draft spots.
This is actually the most important effect of the win.

Quote:
Why are we embarrassing? Because we're more interested in talking about the draft and the implications of the win against the Rams than the game against the Saints?

Old 01-05-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

I can't say I'm unhappy about being in the playoffs, but... I also can't deny that I think it's likely that this is worse for our team in the long run. It's a result of how weak our division is, a bit of a schematic fluke that requires at least one of four lousy teams to end up in the draft position of a team that's supposed to be pretty good.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is the hype guys?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Wow. I hoped it would happen. It happened. This game was just...wow.

Marshawn Lynch with the BEST (wanted to put BEAST...but I just couldn't do it) run I think I have ever seen from a RB to seal the deal.

Hasselbeck with probably the game of his life.

The o-line for protecting him.

Just so many good things happened today. Of course they kept me nervous until the end, but holy **** I will probably always remember this game.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

That game validated their entire season. I'm shocked.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!!
Rookie

TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said it in another thread, I think that was the greatest run in NFL history. The moment in a playoff game in which it came, and the actual run itself, is second to none.

Congrats! My bro is a huge Seahawks fan and that house was rockin! I can only imagine the emotions going through all the longtime fans.

Fingers crossed for that KC vs. Seattle Super Bowl !!

Sig by BoneKrusher
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote