Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default First Draft of 2011

RD1- Mike Pouncey OG Florida
Saw Pouncey II play against PSU in the outback bowl. Again he had some bad snaps as I have seen in previous games. But again once the ball is snapped he is lights out. He has the feet of a TE and understands blocking technique and schemes. He might not pancake a lot of people but he gets in their way and takes care of his assignment.
RD2- Cameron Heyward DE Ohio St
Was supposed to be a first rounder but a down senior season has is stock falling. I saw his ranking right not as a 2nd or 3rd round but feel it will rise to a late first early second when he gets to show off his athleticism. But if JJ Watt and Jared Crick declare it might keep his stock down. Heyward plays hard every snap, holds up against the run, and doesnít miss tackles. A perfect replacement for Keisel or Smith in a few years.
RD3- Darius Morris OT Temple
I have a feeling there wonít be a OT worth our pick in the first so I went with a player I really like that should be around later. Morris can play guard or tackle. Has good enough feet to technique to play LT and could develop there. If not he can play RT or guard.
RD4- Davon House CB New Mexico St
Has great hands and speed. Even though he weighs 175lbs soaking wet he will and can tackle. If Ike leaves we would need to spend an earlier pick. But if not House should push McFadden and at the very least take over for *** as the nickel back.
RD5- Ahmad Black S Florida
I saw Black against PSU in the Outback bowl and he just dominated. Hit hard, made tackles, picked off two balls one went to the house, and even pass deflected two more. I saw him in the Georgia game too and dude was in on every tackle. He reminds me of Polamalu in the sense he understands where he needs to be, has speed, and is undersized and underrated coming out of college.
RD6- Derrick Locke RB Kentucky
Derrick Locke might only be 5-9 185lbs but he plays like heís 6ft 215lbs. He even has pretty decent hands. And does an above average job of blocking and picking up blitzes.
RD7- Greg McElroy QB Alabama
It is obvious we donít have much behind Ben. So we can groom a back-up for a year or two behind Leftwich and Ben.
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

1. Pouncey seems to be on everybody's list for the stillers first round pick. I agree he would be a good fit; he is one of the only linemen that could probably play any position on the line. However, I suspect teams scouts must have noticed him also; doubt he is there at pick 32.

2. No way in hell is Heyward there at the end of round two, probablly not at the end of round one. Would be happy with him as a first round pick.

3. I forgot Temple still has a football team. God bless you for watching them.

4. Would like to get a corner higher than this, but this guy has some upside.

5. Was also impressed by Black and would go for him at this spot.

6. Would really like to get a scatback for some versatility at this spot in the draft.

7. don't like this guy for anything other than waterboy. If you're going to get a practice squad qb here, get somebody with an arm.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am sure Pouncey has been noticed. But he is really best suited for a guard and not center. And center has more value than guard. Not saying he will be around in the 30-32 spot but there is a chance. If you look at most drafts only one maybe two interior linemen go in the first round. And right now the most versatile interior linemen is Stefen Wisniewski whom can play center or guard. After that Cannon and Pouncey will fight it out for the second interior lineman spot.

Heyward has great triangle numbers and that will likely push him up to be over drafted. But he isn't going to make an impact for 2-3 years if ever so no way I take him with a first round pick. I would rather wait and get a solid player with limited upside like Christian Ballard or Jared Crick in round 2 or 3 than Heyward with the first.

youTube and tivo. Everything I see is positive from this kid. Reminds me of Wille Colon in the sense he does everything very well. Not great.

I feel we have big holes at OL with Colon hurt and could be career ending and we still don't have a RG worth a damn. I think with Pouncey II we can have him at LG and Kemo goes to RG while Morris plays first sub. So I tried to fix our most glaring need. But if Ike leaves CB would probably be our most pressing need I just feel they will extend or franchise Ike.

I think Black could be first back up to SS and FS finally giving us depth there. Because we all know between TP and Clark we are almost guaranteed to have a back-up get a few starts every year.

I think Moore is about done and even though Redman has played well I think he is a better fit at FB or goal line guy. And the jury is still out on Dwyer. I just don't see the speed or burst needed. He is a slower small Jerome Bettis.

I think McElroy is a Matt Flynn kind of back up. Not a great arm but very accurate and smart.
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heyward is one of the more pro ready 34DEs ive seen in recent years....along with tyson jackson. miles ahead of where hood was when he was drafted to play the position. at the end of round 2 id bust a nut if we got heyward
Old 01-05-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

Yeah, the only disagreement i have with ford is his analysis of Heyward. Watching last night's game only certified his ability. He was clearly the best player on the field and looked like a top 10 pick. I just don't see any d-linemen in the draft that are at a higher level than him and this draft is loaded with them.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote