Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was talking about the east, but I guess I didn't say that. Still, even the west; you've got KG, Shaq, Sheed, Jermaine O'Neal, Perkins, and Big Baby. They would absolutely beat teams up.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Kobe's been playing better in the last few games, but Lamar is playing the best ball on the Lakers. And has been all year.

Kobe's game consists of isolation post ups and fadeaway jumpers while getting the ball stripped 953408345 times a game because teams have caught on and don't fear him anymore. His numbers have improved as the team's play has improved. He needs to stop going into "Kobe saves the day" mode when things aren't working early, because that **** clearly isn't working anymore. He's getting to a (not quite there yet) Duncan-like level, where he can only give you consistent offense in spurts.
I hate getting trapped at the end of the page so. *******. much.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pray to god Sheed comes back so I can feel the anger from Boston every time his fat ass jogs upcourt and heaves up a brick three.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also with the new "respecting the game" emphasis, I predict that he would break the record for technicals in a season, even though he would only be playing half a year.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I hate jumping into subjects that ended...

If I were assured I'd only coach one year with each player in their respective prime and I could build the rest of the team to compensate, then I could see using Barkley as my PF.

But if we're talking a career, then I would take Duncan, Garnett, or even Karl Malone over Barkley. Plain and simple.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
Man, I hate jumping into subjects that ended...

If I were assured I'd only coach one year with each player in their respective prime and I could build the rest of the team to compensate, then I could see using Barkley as my PF.

But if we're talking a career, then I would take Duncan, Garnett, or even Karl Malone over Barkley. Plain and simple.
That's the thing. The player/career argument straddles an extremely fine line.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
I was talking about the east, but I guess I didn't say that. Still, even the west; you've got KG, Shaq, Sheed, Jermaine O'Neal, Perkins, and Big Baby. They would absolutely beat teams up.
This is also assuming that entire front court isn't made of glass, which is a huge assumption.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post

Sheed and Jermaine O'neal really don't need to be mentioned in this.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
That's the thing. The player/career argument straddles an extremely fine line.
Even in a Greatest Ever Debate?
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
Even in a Greatest Ever Debate?
Especially in a greatest ever debate, because "greatest" is such a subjective word.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Sheed and Jermaine O'neal really don't need to be mentioned in this.
They're better than whoever is at center in any given Heat game.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Young is going nuts. In the 3rd quarter scored 16 straight points for the Wizards with no misses.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Watch ur dirty whoreish mouth!!!!! Big Z is a ******* beast. A BEAST!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

down goes blatche. Looks like he has a tough shoulder injury.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Demarcus Cousins has been atrocious tonight. He has some nice flashes of greatness every few games or so but his shot selection, effort, and basketball IQ are among the worst in the league.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant believe this wizards game. I have limited bball knowledge im just a casual fan but this is embarassing.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Demarcus Cousins has been atrocious tonight. He has some nice flashes of greatness every few games or so but his shot selection, effort, and basketball IQ are among the worst in the league.
I don't know why so many teams wanted him. The guy is a mental trainwreck.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I cant believe this wizards game. I have limited bball knowledge im just a casual fan but this is embarassing.
It's the Wizards haha. The Wizards have been so awful for so long that I have become desensitized to embarassment, and tbh I was just relieved they didn't lose the game during that collapse. OT baby!

Old 01-11-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The Heat are certainly doing a-ok compared to when they had Jermaine O'Neal last year. Has he helped Boston at all? Was his 13/6/1.4 really irreplaceable? Rasheed Wallace is nothing at this point in his career, neither is Shaq. Perkins is a phenomenal rebound/defense guy, but will he be 100% at any point? For all the talk about the Celtics front court, only Kevin Garnett is legitimately great.

Last edited by Shiver : 01-11-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ya I played in rec and I used to be obsessed w/ bball in the Gilbert,MJ,Dixon,Stackhouse,Etan Thomas,Haywood era. But I grew out of it. Then started getting back into it this break because my roommate is obsessed w/ Bball. And my god this team should be embarassed.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The Heat are certainly doing a-ok compared to when they had Jermaine O'Neal last year. Has he helped Boston at all? Was his 13/6/1.4 really irreplaceable? Rasheed Wallace is nothing at this point in his career, neither is Shaq. Perkins is a phenomenal rebound/defense guy, but will he be 100% at any point? For all the talk about the Celtics front court, only Kevin Garnett is legitimately great.
Shaq is nothing? He's still a weapon on offense and a terrific defender. And the talk isn't about how every player in that front court is great, it's the fact that they have legitimate depth while the other East elites do not at all, despite whatever you want to praise about the Heat this week.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-11-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Celtics obviously don't have depth, as noted by their recent slide when Garnett went down.

I praise the Bulls as well, I'll have you know. I think at the end of the day they have the 2nd best team in the East. Orlando is much better than I thought they would be after that trade. I just think the Celtics are going to insta-age in front of our eyes like the dude from The Last Crusade when he "chose poorly." I think picking the oldest, most injury prone players was a poor choice.

Oh and why wouldn't I praise the Heat? They've been the best team in the league since November by a mile. Is that really in question?

Last edited by Shiver : 01-11-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've only seen very limited amount of Kings games. How has DeMarcus Cousins played so far?
Old 01-11-2011, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The Celtics obviously don't have depth, as noted by their recent slide when Garnett went down.

I praise the Bulls as well, I'll have you know. I think at the end of the day they have the 2nd best team in the East. Orlando is much better than I thought they would be after that trade. I just think the Celtics are going to insta-age in front of our eyes like the dude from The Last Crusade when he "chose poorly." I think picking the oldest, most injury prone players was a poor choice.

Oh and why wouldn't I praise the Heat? They've been the best team in the league since November by a mile. Is that really in question?
I just enjoy making a joke with you sometimes, GOD SHIVER. The reason they got worse with KG going down might have to do with the fact that Rondo was out as well at the time, and having two of your three best players out really doesn't help.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-11-2011, 09:19 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah really the Heat have lost once, ONCE since the start of December. Thats it. ONCE in a month and a half, twice since Thanksgiving. And undebeatable (yes I still use that SWDC worthy word) against any1 not named the Mavericks. BOW DOWN NOW! ONCE SINCE THE START OF DECEMBER. I think I put it in ur head but just in case: ONCE SINCE THE START OF DECEMBER.