Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-11-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Diego State's kicker this year- 17/22, 54/56 XP.
Scoring defense: 36th.
Passing defense: 38th.
Rushing defense: 58th.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
San Diego State's kicker this year- 17/22, 54/56 XP.
somebody on Rivals said that SDSUs ST coach was coming to Michigan, but no idea if true.

Supposedly DeAnthony Arnett tweeted that Brady Hoke gave him a call, and there are rumors he has also called Anthony Zettel
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13 View Post
Braylon tweeted this

All current players, students, faculty & all of my fellow alumnus we need to unite, stand by him, be patient, & support him! #GoBlue

So far I know for a fact that Ron Bellamy, Dan Dierdorf, Braylon, Dhani Jones, Mike Hart, and Rich Eisen have all been open about being thrilled with the hire with Woodson, Brady, and Griese all being said to be thrilled with the hire.
Who are all those scrubs? KEEP RICH RODZZZZZ!

I really, really like the hire and I may like it even more depending on what his staff looks like.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not for sure, but here is the RUMORED Brady Hoke Coaching Staff (again RUMORED)

OC- Al Borges
DC or Secondary- Jon Hoke
QB- Scot Loeffler
RB-DeAndre Smith
WR- Erik Campbell
TE/ST-Dan Ferrigno
DL-Keith Gilmore
S&C-Aaron Wellman

Once again, this is all based on rumblings, but it sounds VERY VERY likely that Forrigno, Gilmore, and Smith are coming
Old 01-11-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soup is ours. No trade backs.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with the hire, and I'll be really happy if the staff looks good. I'll miss Fred Jackson's hyperbole though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:47 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I wanted to post this here, because the guys at GBW will not appreciate it and will probably rip me for posting it. I know guys like Sniper and ironman will appreciate it.
You can post any facts you want, and the GBW and MBgoblog guys will quote you yards per game numbers. It doesn't matter what anyone says to them, because they have become Rodriguez disciples and worship at the altar of the spread.

You'll notice that all of Brian's potential coaching candidates were spread guys. They seem to feel that the only way to win in college football is with the offense that beat you a few times during Carr's tenure. I think you would have had a tough time finding any pro style coach that they would have been happy about.

Hell, they even try and turn non spread teams into spread teams to justify why it's better. According to some Mgoer's (even Brian has perpetuated this), Ohio State runs a spread, as does Penn State. I saw one guy who argued that every time a QB was in shotgun it was a spread.

There's been several posts like "Pro style just means "not good enough"" or "Well, I guess that means back to pro style, ie. boring football." I'm sorry, would you rather win 17-10 or lose 47-45? For me, winning is exciting. Great defense is exciting. Sending a bunch of guys to the NFL is exciting. And the not good enough part is equally as stupid. I'm pretty sure that a good half of the past 11-12 national champios have run a pro style offense.

It's just ridiculous. Even though I know it won't happen, I'd love to see Michigan win 10+ games next year so they can choke on it really.

Quote:

Old 01-12-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I'm fine with the hire, and I'll be really happy if the staff looks good. I'll miss Fred Jackson's hyperbole though.
Sounds like Jackson will have a job. Those were all names Rivals said have been linked to Michigan. But it is all but confirmed that Borges wants to come to Michigan as well.

Lastest news is Brandon is letting Hoke hire whoever he wants. He will bring some SDSU guys, but will also bring in guys with a ties to Michigan.

Oh and sounds like Tate is leaving
Old 01-12-2011, 12:10 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LB Dorian Bell suspended 2 games for the reefer. Already served one game of that suspension so far at the Sugar Bowl, will sit out against Akron this September too. C'mon Dorian, that's not way to compete for a starting job.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:32 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we're doing the depth chart thing already? New thread magic!

QB- Marqueis Gray, Junior
RB- Deleon Eskridge, Senior
FB- Ed Cotton, Junior
WR- Da'Jon McKnight, Senior
WR- Brandon Green, Junior
TE- Eric Lair, Senior
T- Ed Olson Jr., Sophmore
G- Chris Bunders, Senior
C- Ryan Wynn, Senior
G- Ryan Orton, Senior
T- Jimmy Gjere, Freshman

DE- Anthony Jacobs, Senior
DT- Brandon Kirksey, Senior
DT- Jewhan Edwards, Senior
DE- Kendall Gregory McGhee, Sophmore
LB-Gary Tinsley, Senior
LB- Keanon Cooper, Junior
LB- Mike Rallis, Junior
CB- Troy Stoudermire, Senior
CB- Michael Carter, Junior
S- Chrystan Lewis, Senior
S- James Manuel, Sophmore

Things could certainly change with the new coaching staff, but that's a surprising amount of experience.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:28 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
LB Dorian Bell suspended 2 games for the reefer. Already served one game of that suspension so far at the Sugar Bowl, will sit out against Akron this September too. C'mon Dorian, that's not way to compete for a starting job.
I liked Bell a lot as a recruit. I'm excited to see what he can do this year. Not a good start, but I think he could be a solid player if he gets the job starting next to Sabino and Sweat.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

I'll take a really early shot at a depth chart for Michigan. This is probably more my preferred depth chart than what I think will actually happen.

QB- Devin Gardner, RS Freshman
RB- Michael Cox, RS Junior
FB- John McColgan, RS Senior
WR- Junior Hemingway, RS Senior
WR- Darryl Stonum, Senior
TE- Kevin Koger, Senior
LT- Taylor Lewan, RS Sophmore
LG- Ricky Barnum, RS Junior
C- David Molk, RS Senior
RG- Patrick Omameh, RS Junior
RT- Mark Huyge, RS Senior

DE- Ryan Van Bergen, RS Senior
DT- Mike Martin, Senior
DT- Quinton Washington, RS sophmore
DE- Craig Roh, Junior
SLB- J.B. Fitzgerald, Senior
MLB- Kenny Demens, RS Junior
WLB- Kellen Jones, Freshman
CB- Courtney Avery, Sophmore
CB- Troy Woolfolk, RS Senior
FS- Carvin Johnson, Sophmore
SS- Marvin Robinson, Sophmore

Do everything RB/WR/QB/KR/PR- Denard Robinson, Junior

Ok, so some of these guys have switched positions, but I guess I'm kind of hoping they get switched back.

First off, yes, I don't have Denard as the starting QB. If you watch SDSU's offense (and Auburn's 13-0 offense etc) I don't think Denard is accurate enough, especially on the deep ball, to run it effectively. Gardner on the other hand throws a beautiful deep ball. Denard could be a Heisman candidate as a do everything type guy. I'd love to see him get about 20+ touches per game in various ways. Get him in space and he's deadly.

The RB position could be any of a number of guys. Mike just happens to be my favorite back on the team. I could easily see it being Hopkins, Toussaint, Shaw, or even Denard.

I have Roundtree competing with Odoms as the slot. I just can't stand Roundtree. He drops way to many passes, isn't all that fast, and really isn't great going up to get the ball either. I'd prefer if he wasn't a starter.

Left guard could be Barnum or Elliott Mealer IMO (or possibly even Will Campbell, although I'd love to see him switched back to DT). Barnum's probably better in space, pulling, etc. but Mealer has the size and strength.

Right tackle seems like it could be Huyge or Michael Schofield. Again, Huyge has the size, but Schofield is probably more mobile. Schofield will be starting at some point, it just might not be right away this year.

At NT, I'd love to see Will Campbell get a shot, but we'll see. Depending on how he moves at 320, this could also be Richard Ash.

LB's tough. Demens will get the start in the middle. The other two are up for grabs. I think Fitzgerald will get the first look at SAM. I really like Kellen Jones as a prospect, so that's why he's in at the WILL. It could easily be any of a numbers of guys (Cam Gordon comes to mind).

The secondary is tricky. I loved Carvin Johnson as a safety, but he got moved to Spur/Bandit/whatever it was. I'd love to see him get moved back. I don't like Vinopal back there very much. Marvin Robinson got moved to LB, but I;d much rather see him back ther than Kovacs (yes, I know, Kovacs does play his ass off, I just don't think he's nearly athletic enough). Hell, Woofolk could go back to FS. The CB's could be a bunch of guys.

Quote:

Last edited by ironman4579 : 01-12-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i can't imagine Denard won't be the starting QB next year. He's not ideal in a pro style system if that's what they run, but he had an amazing year this year and can throw the ball decently. He's too amazing of a runner and playmaker to not start.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
i can't imagine Denard won't be the starting QB next year. He's not ideal in a pro style system if that's what they run, but he had an amazing year this year and can throw the ball decently. He's too amazing of a runner and playmaker to not start.
He can throw decently, and he probably will be the starting QB (if he sticks around). I'm just not sure he's accurate enough to play in the system Michigan will run. His deep ball is actually not good at all, and that's a big part of the offense.

I'd like to have the same QB two years in a row sure, and Denard is true playmaker. But Gardner is just a better passer and, really, a better fit for the new (old?) offense. Like I said, you get the ball in Denard's hands 20-25 times a game (say, 10 runs, 5 or 6 catches, a couple plays at QB, kick and possibly punt returns), and I think he could easily be a 200+ total yards per game type of guy.

Again though, that's just my preference. I'm sure if he sticks around he'll probably start.

Quote:

Old 01-12-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
QB- Devin Gardner, RS Freshman
RB- Michael Cox, RS Junior
FB- John McColgan, RS Senior
WR- Junior Hemingway, RS Senior
WR- Darryl Stonum, Senior
TE- Kevin Koger, Senior
LT- Taylor Lewan, RS Sophmore
LG- Ricky Barnum, RS Junior
C- David Molk, RS Senior
RG- Patrick Omameh, RS Junior
RT- Mark Huyge, RS Senior

DE- Ryan Van Bergen, RS Senior
DT- Mike Martin, Senior
DT- Quinton Washington, RS sophmore
DE- Craig Roh, Junior
SLB- J.B. Fitzgerald, Senior
MLB- Kenny Demens, RS Junior
WLB- Kellen Jones, Freshman
CB- Courtney Avery, Sophmore
CB- Troy Woolfolk, RS Senior
FS- Carvin Johnson, Sophmore
SS- Marvin Robinson, Sophmore

Do everything RB/WR/QB/KR/PR- Denard Robinson, Junior
I can work with it, but I would make some slight adjustments. Here's my depth chart.

QB- Denard Robinson
RB- Fitzgerald Toussaint/Mike Cox
FB- John McColgan
WR- Darryl Stonum
WR- Junior Hemingway
Slot- Martavious Odoms
TE- Kevin Koger
LT- Taylor Lewan
LG- Ricky Barnum
C- Dave Molk
RG- Patrick Omameh or Elliott Mealer
RT- Mike Schofield or Patrick Omameh

I still think a year of backup duty and spot duty when Denard gets banged up would be beneficial to Gardner. Hoke won't have as much pressure on him in his first year as Rodriguez did, so he can afford to develop Gardner a bit more. I think if Toussaint stays healthy, he's the guy and he and Cox will split carries. Shaw and Smith will split five or six carries per game with Hopkins seeing goal-line and short-yardage carries. We could see Omameh bounce outside to tackle, but that depends on whether he adds weight or not and if Mealer outplays Schofield and Huyge in the offseason.

DE- Ryan Van Bergen
DT- Mike Martin
DT- Richard Ash or Quinton Washington or Will Campbell
DE- Craig Roh
SLB- Brandon Herron
MLB- Kenny Demens
WLB- Mike Jones
CB- Courtney Avery
FS- Troy Woolfolk or Carvin Johnson or J.T. Floyd
SS- Jordan Kovacs
CB- Troy Woolfolk or J.T. Floyd

Brandon Herron did some good things this year and then he was, of course, taken out for no reason. Mike Jones returns from a broken leg and he showed some flashes in limited action last year. He looks solid in coverage, but is learning the nuances of the position. Demens is easily the starter at WILL. At DT, I don't know who the No. 2 DT will be nor do I know who will be on that side of the ball, so we'll have to wait and see. Maybe Campbell can show something in the offseason. At corner, I have Avery because I like him a lot. He showed that he can cover more and more as the season progressed, but needs a ton of work on ball skills. I feel like Woolfolk would be most beneficial at free safety, though that depends on what Carvin Johnson does in the offseason and if J.T. Floyd moves to free safety and looks average. Floyd simply doesn't have the jets to be a Big 10 corner, but he's got good size and can probably be a decent FS. I don't think anyone displaces Kovacs at the beginning, but I'm not sure where Marvin Robinson ends up in Hoke's defense. Marvin (my favorite recruit from the '10 class) could be the starting SS or he could see time at FS.

If Denard is the QB, Stonum needs to return kicks. He's too good of a returner not to. Martavious Odoms, Drew Dileo and maybe Justice Hayes (if he doesn't redshirt) can handle the punts.

If Goudis signs, he's the likely kicker. Hagerbomb is the punter.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
dansaint
Rookie

dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.

QB: Scheelhaase (rs-SO), Osei (SO) O'Toole (FR)
RB: Ford (SR), Pollard (SR), Golden (rs-SO), ?Young?(FR)
FB: Prosch (SO), Willets (SR), ?Becker?(SR)
TE: E. Wilson (SO), Viliunas (JR), Lattimore (rs-SO), LaCosse (FR)
WR: Jenkins (SR), Millines (SO), Lankford (SO), Harris (SO), ?Hull?(rs-SO), Sykes (SR), Williams (rs-FR), ...

WT: Allen (SR), C. Wilson (SR)
WG: Thornton (JR), Sands (JR), ?Boles? (FR), ?Hill? (rs-FR)
_C: Pocic (JR), Sands (JR), Feldmeyer (rs-SO)
SG: Cornell (SR), ??
ST: Lewis (JR), C. Wilson (SR), ???

Defense
DE: Mercilus (JR), ?Kynard? (rs-SO), ?Woods? (rs-FR)
DT: Spence (rs-SO), Ballew (SR), Howe (rs-FR)
DT: Foster (JR), Teitsma (rs-FR), ? freshman?
Bandit: Buchanan (JR), Staples (JR)
WLB: Thomas (SR), Bates (rs-FR)
MLB: Brown (SO), Denmark (SO)
SLB: Henry (SR), A. Williams (JR), E. Thomas (rs-FR)

WCB: Green (JR), Thornton (FR), Nixon-Youman (JR)
FS: ?Hull? (JR), ?Kirby? (FR), ?C. Williams? (FR)
SS: T. Wilson (SR), Sanni (JR), ?Grimes? (FR), ?Rock (rs-FR), ?Days? (rs-FR)
SCB: Hawthorne (JR), Ramsey (JR), Thrash (JR)
dansaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tate is expected to transfer. It's unrelated to the coaching change (academics). However, it's still early, but it sounds like almost everyone else is going to stay.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
I can work with it, but I would make some slight adjustments. Here's my depth chart.

QB- Denard Robinson
RB- Fitzgerald Toussaint/Mike Cox
FB- John McColgan
WR- Darryl Stonum
WR- Junior Hemingway
Slot- Martavious Odoms
TE- Kevin Koger
LT- Taylor Lewan
LG- Ricky Barnum
C- Dave Molk
RG- Patrick Omameh or Elliott Mealer
RT- Mike Schofield or Patrick Omameh

DE- Ryan Van Bergen
DT- Mike Martin
DT- Richard Ash or Quinton Washington or Will Campbell
DE- Craig Roh
SLB- Brandon Herron
MLB- Kenny Demens
WLB- Mike Jones
CB- Courtney Avery
FS- Troy Woolfolk or Carvin Johnson or J.T. Floyd
SS- Jordan Kovacs
CB- Troy Woolfolk or J.T. Floyd

I don't disagree on Denard/Gardner. Gardner could use another year, especially with the offensive shift. That said, I still think Gardner is a better QB for the offense, and honestly, Denard would be better off in terms of draft status if he switched roles now. Still, I'm certain that Denard will be the starter, and we'll just see more designed QB runs than in a normal pro style offense.

I wouldn't mind Toussaint splitting carries with Cox, and I could see that. My problem with Toussaint is, yea he has great jump cuts. Unfortunately, he seems to want to do those jump cuts in the hole or behind the line. He's not Barry Sanders though. If he can learn to just hit the hole and then put those moves to use once he's into the second level, he can be an explosive back. Admittedly, he did look good in limited carries during the season, but then so did Cox. I could see the time share happening.

I'd also prefer Odoms over Roundtree in the slot, as I said above.

I feel like Omameh's kind of locked in at guard, but he's got the feet and agility to play tackle. I'd prefer to get Huyge out of the RT spot, but he might get the nod at tackle simply because he's a 5th year senior.

I completely forgot about Herron. He did play well actually. It will probably come down to a battle between him and Fitzgerald for the SAM spot, with Herron winning the job. I should have included Mike Jones at the WILL spot as another possibility. He's probably going to have to put on a bit of weight though. I think he was only listed at 205 this year. Honestly, there are alot of options at LB, and only Demens has a spot locked up.

Quote:

I meant to respond to this earlier as well.

Scoring offense: 19th
Passing offense: 11th
Rushing offense: 48th
Total offense: 16th

That scoring offense by the way was better than Rich Rod's supposedly "amazing" offense and all its yards (although it was only about 30 more yards per game than SDSU). SDSU had a 3,500 yard passer (Ryan Lindley, 3,830 yards and 28 TD's as a junior), a 1,500 yard rusher (Ronnie Hillman, 1,532 yards and 17 TD's as a freshman), and two 1,000 yard receivers (Vincent Brown, 1,352 yards and 10 TD's as a senior, and DeMarco Sampson, 1,220 yards and 8 TD's as a senior).

So not only did SDSU have a far better defense than Michigan, but they also had at worst an equal offense, and likely a better one.

People can hate on Brady Hoke all they want, but I'm getting more and more excited about the hire.

Quote:

Last edited by ironman4579 : 01-12-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
A 2nd report came out shortly after stating that the players from the defense are still cheering because they can't stop anything.
best post this website has ever seen
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
I missed that the first time, but man, treat doesn't disappoint.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
I would have responded, but it made me sad. Treat always comes through, even when it hurts my soul.

Quote:

Old 01-12-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
That falls on Ohio State's compliance department. There's no way they told him it was against the rules. How was he supposed to know?
Old 01-12-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That falls on Ohio State's compliance department. There's no way they told him it was against the rules. How was he supposed to know?
The team rules thing is funny. Usually this means that it was a 2nd drug violation. SMOKE WEED EVERA DAY!
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hoke is weeping. This gives us OSU fans a fun thing to laugh at down the road.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You Michigan guys know I love you all.

I could never seriously have ill feelings for the school that gave me football Jesus.

Even though the divisions should have been done geographically, I'm happy we get to face Michigan every year. That, and MSU can all collectively choke on Dantonio's shlong while also storming the dorm room of some barely 18 year old freshman because he talked **** about them, while Dantonio claims it was god's will and that all will be available to face Michigan the next day.

I'm probably visiting East Lansing in April-ish, and just as last time, I plan on getting hammered, telling them all how much their school blows, and then pissing on as many university buildings as possible.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote