Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-12-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What happened to Arthur & Bryce Brown?

Weren't both elite prospects for the college level? I know I read (on here) Arthur wasn't good enough to be a starter for the 'U. But what about Bryce? I remeber people saying, he'll have the power to run DB's over and speed to blow by LB's.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sitting out transfer years at Kansas State.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Weren't both elite prospects for the college level? I know I read (on here) Arthur wasn't good enough to be a starter for the 'U. But what about Bryce? I remeber people saying, he'll have the power to run DB's over and speed to blow by LB's.
Its as simple as googling their names my brotha.

Arthur couldnt break the starting lineup over at the U and Bryce bailed from UT as soon as Kiffin bounced. Supposedly they had "family issues" but rumors have been that Brown was receiving money or some sort from Kiffen and when he bounced he didnt get that anymore.

Both at K State now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
J52
Rookie

J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Arthur was supposedly dumb... as hell. Beyond illiteracy. When he got on the field for Miami it was obvious that he was in his own echelon athletically, but then he would be required to think and it was just painful. Pursuit angles, zones, gap responsibility. You name it, he didn't understand it.
J52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J52 View Post
Arthur was supposedly dumb... as hell. Beyond illiteracy. When he got on the field for Miami it was obvious that he was in his own echelon athletically, but then he would be required to think and it was just painful. Pursuit angles, zones, gap responsibility. You name it, he didn't understand it.
And to think I got ripped years ago for saying he was only so good because he was in Kansas. Sometimes the level of competition does matter as it clearly did with him (or Xavier Lee for those thinking I'm just bashing a "u" kid).
Old 01-12-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
And to think I got ripped years ago for saying he was only so good because he was in Kansas. Sometimes the level of competition does matter as it clearly did with him (or Xavier Lee for those thinking I'm just bashing a "u" kid).
It's always that 1 prospect no matter what sport that will be in a small town to have outstanding numbers and become highly touted by having a monster highlight tape to help out. Prime example UNC basketball player Harrison Barnes got so much praise as being the #1 player in his HS class and he is from Iowa. My point where I am trying to get is begginning of the season he was rated Pre-Season First Team All-American and so far he has not even lived up to the hype which everyone has been giving him 2011 #1 overall pick praises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Basketball is different because of AAU. Thankfully there is no football equivalent because of the corruption but it does give college coaches the chance to see top talent vs. top talent and make evaluations.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:46 AM    (permalink
J52
Rookie

J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Well, to be fair. Athletically he was deserving of the praise. He'd take pursuit angles that included a stop in Georgia and still would catch RBs from behind. His explosiveness to the ball was unreal, just if it wasn't 100% reaction based then he would do the wrong thing.
J52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:43 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J52 View Post
Well, to be fair. Athletically he was deserving of the praise. He'd take pursuit angles that included a stop in Georgia and still would catch RBs from behind. His explosiveness to the ball was unreal, just if it wasn't 100% reaction based then he would do the wrong thing.
When he got to Miami he ran a 40 more consistent with that a DT than a MLB, athletically he wasn't that gifted, ir was more level of competition (where he was gifted by comparison) than anything else.