Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 01-11-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we could definitely use a TE, as Graham is just an overpaid swing tackle and Quinn / Gronkowski are garbage. But, with the amount of holes on our defense, I will not advocate taking one with a high draft pick.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our offense needs to be more efficient, having an every-down TE helps. If Tebow is going to be the future of this team, drafting an every-down TE helps. Graham is not very good, and is overpaid, should be cut. Grownkowski has done ****. Quinn is strictly a blocker.
The defense gets improved in the draft by bringing a lot of youth and talent on the team. I don't like think any other player in the draft would be available at that position that would have a better impact than Rudolph.
Overpaying for a TE like Marcedes Lewis or Owen Daniels this offseason isn't smart. We can't fill every hole on defense this year, that is just a stupid sentiment. A lot of the positions aren't very deep in this draft, and we should just be patient for next year.
This team is a middle of the pack offense as well..so really..it does need help (not as much as the defense, and as you can see I mostly devote the draft to defense, and the FA to defense)
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get what the problem is.
I get two defensive ends, and a NT in this draft.
Draft a CB who I really like. Draft an ILB who can hit/lead.
Sign a proven NT.
Sign a good linebacker.
And a pretty good free safety.

I think we do a pretty good job on improving the defense in the draft. 3-4 ends in the 1st aren't always a waste, some have been huge beasts ala Haloti Ngata
Brady Quinn is one of the better backup QBs, then grab a guy as an UDFA to come and be #3...I don't put backup QB on the same level as a starting TE who has the potential to be a Pro Bowler...
Old 01-12-2011, 04:08 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNYDP View Post
I don't get what the problem is.
I get two defensive ends, and a NT in this draft.
Draft a CB who I really like. Draft an ILB who can hit/lead.
Sign a proven NT.
Sign a good linebacker.
And a pretty good free safety.

I think we do a pretty good job on improving the defense in the draft. 3-4 ends in the 1st aren't always a waste, some have been huge beasts ala Haloti Ngata
Brady Quinn is one of the better backup QBs, then grab a guy as an UDFA to come and be #3...I don't put backup QB on the same level as a starting TE who has the potential to be a Pro Bowler...
I think possibly another problem we may have this year is signing free agents. I mean, who the **** is going to want to come and play for us this season?
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Coaching search...

It looks to me like it is down to Rick Dennison, Dirk Koetter and John Fox. I'd have to think Fox is the favorite, given his coaching experience... but it sounds like the other two both impressed during the interviews.

As for TE, I like Lance Kendricks from Wisconsin if he falls to the middle rounds. The guy can block and catch.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

Rudolph is pretty good blocker, and he is a good receiver...
Jason Witten type player.

Ngata was a high pick, not exactly top 10 but it was pretty close..Dareus is a really great player, I have no clue why you are so down on him. His experience/talent makes him a very valuable player, most drafts have him going around there.
Our line this year was totally out of sync, with several different starting combinations. Once the line was more or less set, the running game improved as evidence by Moreno's success (averaging 5 YAC the last 5 games of the year?
Beadles/Kuper/Walton are fine on the interior, and Beadles/Walton are going to continue to get better. The linemen in this draft are very unimpressive, and I wouldn't jump to take any of them. Soliai is a solid player, I say sign him to a shorter term deal so he is more of a stop gap till Phil Taylor becomes the starter.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we need to bring in a respected defensive mind. I'm hoping for John Fox!

WELCOME REALITY
Old 01-12-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
beadles will kick out to RT (i sincerely hope i'm wrong. if he doesn't, we need a RT), kuper is garbage and has been for a while. soliai has had one decent year and has been on the verge of getting cut every other year he's been in the nfl. and moreno sure looked good against houston. and oakland.
Beadles would be terrible at RT, he will get abused by speed rusher. Kuper is fine, he was one of the best performers on our line this year. I think Harris comes back, if not I'll take Free, Clabo or the guy for NO.
I'm not saying overpay Soliai, but I think we can get him at a reasonable price in a short term contract. If not we only need a guy to rotate with Jamal and keep him fresh. Worst comes to worst, Powe can rotate into the NT position too..
Moreno looked great against the Chiefs. The running game has looked fine when people have been healthy (sadly that is the biggest problem..)

Daniel Graham has cost this team. He has had some costly drops where the pass has been fine and he has just dropped it. He has been slow, and has had trouble getting down and blocking. And even when he is there to make the block, he isn't amazing anymore. I like Quinn's blocking enough to make him our blocking TE, he is better than Graham at this point. Rudolph adds an every down TE, who is still a great blocker.
I'd consider taking a safety/CB/OLB at Rudolph's position, and I'm not sure we get the best value there (CB isn't a huge position of need in my opinion). I don't like any linemen enough to take them there, the whole class is just terrible in that area.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fox is our guy.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'm not really all that excited. although i'm not quite as nervous as i was two years ago.
As a Giants fan who has been a Fox supporter for a long long time, I'm jealous. Fox is a great HC, you guys got one hell of a coach.

I was hoping he'd be the heir to Coughlin, but now that's no longer an option.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
why is that? i don't know much about him other than that he's had really, really sporadic success in carolina.
He was an incredible DC for the Giants. Our Spagnuolo of the late 90s. He's also done an incredible job with that Panther organization. Let's be real, while he had ok talent there, the talent on those Panthers teams never stood out on paper. He squeezed every drop he could out of those teams.

That 08 team that was the 2 seed? Come on. They rode a run game, Steve Smith, and a middle tier defense all the way to the 2 seed.

The reason why he was inconsistent is bc in this league, talent lends to consistency. You can be a flash in the pan, win more than you should and overachieve every other year with good coaching, but if you want consistent success, you need talent. And a good qb. And the Panthers in my opinion, were mediocre in both those areas.

Fox is widely respected amongst league circles. NFL guys know the real deal. They know far more than we know. For Fox to have the type of respect he has amongst organizations says a lot about what kind of football coach he is.

You guys have one hell of a coach. Congrats. I'd be lying to you if I said I wasn't jealous.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if his success continues to be sporadic, I'd much rather have sporadic success than constant failure. So he's a definite upgrade over McD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
Fox is our guy.
Doesn't surprise me at all and it's a good move for the team.

Apparently, he's been rounding up his coaching staff today. Sounds like Jim Mora Jr. is the leader for the DC spot and we may end up retaining McCoy.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Great news. I'm relieved that Dennison didn't get the job solely on his "roots" here in Denver. Retaining McCoy makes me a bit nervous, though. But I think this takes the speculation out of which defensive system we will run, as Fox has always used the 43. Quite successfully I might add. I have to admit, I am very excited for the future now.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 01-13-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea, this is definitely good news. anyone have info on his contract numbers?
Old 01-13-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

I don't know.
Fox said that he is willing to use the 3-4 in Denver.
Just saying.
I wonder who is the offensive coordinator now, and I really hope we don't get DeAngelo Williams.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know.
Fox said that he is willing to use the 3-4 in Denver.
Just saying.
I wonder who is the offensive coordinator now, and I really hope we don't get DeAngelo Williams.
While he may have said he was willing, he is now officially the most knowledgeable defensive mind in the Broncos organization (and by a long way). If Elway, etc. are smart they will let Fox do whatever the heck he wants on that side of the ball, no matter what their preferences are.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

I like DeAngelo, but there are legitimate questions about his durability. We would probably have to give up a high draft pick, and he's just not worth it.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 01-14-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
why would we give up any draft pick? i was pretty sure he was udfa at the end of the season.
The talk I've heard from some Panthers fans is that they'll franchise and then try to trade him. There are a number of problems with that:

1. The CBA chaos may make that impossible
2. Trading a player who is not under contract is a lot trickier, due to the negotiation of a new contract as part of the trade
3. Carolina's ownership is very stingy... I don't see them wanting to be stuck with paying out the franchise tag $$$ if a trade can't be worked out

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Williams isn't really a "complementary" back to Knowshon, but he's a good player and the extra firepower wouldn't hurt.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and I really hope we don't get DeAngelo Williams.
Deangelo Williams is a 1,400+ yard back when healthy. There. I said it.

I'm all for hauling the dude in. 2 times the player slowshon is.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think there is a possibility that Robert Quinn could be the pick at #2? He seems to fit a position of need and can project to a 3-4 or 4-3.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Do you guys think there is a possibility that Robert Quinn could be the pick at #2? He seems to fit a position of need and can project to a 3-4 or 4-3.
I think he would have to blow up the combine for us to take him that high. But, I think it is possible. He might be the best pass-rusher in the draft, which says a lot.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 01-15-2011, 02:10 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

Quote:
why? he'd be far better than anything we have.
He is about to fall apart.
Plus money..

He's been a workhorse and he has absolutely been run down.

Last edited by DBNYDP : 01-15-2011 at 02:12 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is about to fall apart.
Plus money..

He's been a workhorse and he has absolutely been run down.
A workhorse? He's only had more than 250 carries once, and only over 200 carries in a season twice. He's only had 841 carries in 5 seasons. He's been far from run down.
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroads View Post
A workhorse? He's only had more than 250 carries once, and only over 200 carries in a season twice. He's only had 841 carries in 5 seasons. He's been far from run down.
969 carries in college as well.
He's reaching the age when most running backs break down. Add in the fact that we are going to have to pay him a good deal to come...
I rather get a cheaper/younger guy in FA or the draft.

Last edited by DBNYDP : 01-15-2011 at 12:40 PM.