Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post

O RLY?
Nah I watched the end he definitely didn't. That's definitely from before the game, look no one is sweating.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Monta went toe to toe with the Bean, but in crunch time, Monta has no shot. Vintage Kobe last night.
That's too bad because Derrick made Kobe his ***** at the UC when he took over the game in crunch time.

I think Monta would be a fantastic #2 option on a title contender, but I don't see him as a center piece that can carry a team every night to victory. He's a very good player, but I just don't see him taking that step to elite/super star status.

Oh and nice hand placement there Blake.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rose wasn't guarding or being guarded by Kobe. He did take over that game, but he didn't play 48 minutes with the flu.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post

The Knicks just need a center in the worst possible way.
Chandler is a #3. His offensive production is skewed bc he plays for D'Antoni. Put him in a different system, and he's an upper tier #3.

A #2 to me is a guy who can take over the offense when Amare hits the bench. A guy who will allow our offensive production to sustain a good 5 minutes of bench time by Amare.

If Chandler, or whoever else was a true #2, our offense wouldn't look so abysmal when Stoudemire leaves the court. They would rise up and use the opportunity for more touches to pad their stats, but none do.

We need another scorer, as crazy as that sounds, bc we only have 1 legitimate star. The rest are good role players. Their #s look better bc of the system they play in, it favors offensive production.

But the truth is, we have 1 star and a bunch of very good role players. We need another star.

And yes, we desperately need a Center.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Knicks should trade for Monta Ellis.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if we could trade 2 worn out basketballs for Greg Oden.

I mean hell, why not right? For 2 old basketballs? I'd make that gamble.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I've got a strange feeling the Heat are gonna find a way to sign him this offseason.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I don't know if it would be worth it. You could still probably get a little bit of use out of those basketballs.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I don't know if it would be worth it. You could still probably get a little bit of use out of those basketballs.
True. I used to wear em out until they became bowling balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I've got a strange feeling the Heat are gonna find a way to sign him this offseason.
Wouldn't shock me.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Randolph for our first? I...ummmm....what? He doesn't even fill a position of need, not to mention how terrible that would be value wise, unless of course it's protected to a decent point.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Bill Simmons, Carmelo should go to the Los Angeles Clippers.

And yeah, the Wolves trading a 1st for Anthony Randolph would be outrageously stupid.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scoop Jackson on LBJ

Scoop makes a very good case that LeBron James is the basketball equivalent of Kanye West. Which is appropriate because Kanye is the "LeBron of rhyme."

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Scoop Jackson on LBJ

Scoop makes a very good case that LeBron James is the basketball equivalent of Kanye West. Which is appropriate because Kanye is the "LeBron of rhyme."
Yeah, that article loses all credibility with this part:
Quote:
" The suspiciously coincidental and perfectly timed tweet he posted while the Cavs were embarrassing themselves (and the game of basketball) against the Lakers on Tuesday night. "Karma is a b----. Gets you every time. It's not good to wish bad on anybody. God sees everything." Ingenious. Including the way he tried to distance himself from it Wednesday night.
It's like he wrote it on Tuesday and the editors threw that **** in there before publishing it so as not to waste an entire article.

If he wanted to be a "villain" he wouldn't back down about the tweet. Or contraction. Every time somebody calls him on something he backs off and plays ignorant. "I didn't even know what contraction meant lol." "I didn't send that tweet, and it definitely wasn't about the Cavs herpderp." I went from actually starting to like him to having a worse opinion on him than I did before.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone got any guesses as to who the starting C will be for the AS game? David Stern is gonna pick Ming's replacement.

Would Pau Gasol count as a center? If not, I suppose it would be Duncan?
Old 01-13-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
Anyone got any guesses as to who the starting C will be for the AS game? David Stern is gonna pick Ming's replacement.

If Pau counts then you got to count Kevin Love.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post

Yeah, I think they'll move Pau to C and have Blake Griffin in it.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone like any of the lines tonight?

ORL -1.5 @ OKC

WAS +4 @ MIN

MIA -1 @ DEN

Jesus that last one sticks out like sore thumb. It's a b2b, they just lost a tough one in LA, and Denver isn't horrible, but its the ******* HEAT.

They simply couldn't hit a shot last night - they must have been about 30% shooting for the second half...

They lost the road winning streak at like 13 games and now it's a pick to start a new one? They'll lose two straight on the road? Jeez. Cuz it's a back to back? Denver will play up because it's on TV? Hmm.

EDIT: Just realized LBJ is a game-time decision. That changes everything.

Anyone?

Last edited by gpngc : 01-13-2011 at 05:40 PM.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

ORL -1.5 @ OKC

WAS +4 @ MIN

MIA -1 @ DEN

Jesus that last one sticks out like sore thumb. It's a b2b, they just lost a tough one in LA, and Denver isn't horrible, but its the ******* HEAT.

They simply couldn't hit a shot last night - they must have been about 30% shooting for the second half...

They lost the road winning streak at like 13 games and now it's a pick to start a new one? They'll lose two straight on the road? Jeez. Cuz it's a back to back? Denver will play up because it's on TV? Hmm.

Anyone?
Agreed. That Miami line is free money. The Orlando line looks like a good bet too.

edit- saw your edit. duno
Old 01-13-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

ORL -1.5 @ OKC

WAS +4 @ MIN

MIA -1 @ DEN

EDIT: Just realized LBJ is a game-time decision. That changes everything.

Anyone?
I kinda doubt Lebron is gonna play, id take that Magic bet....they have been playing really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Chris Broussard: Knicks have reached out to Memphis about sending OJ Mayo to DEN in 3-team deal that would send Carmelo Anthony to NY

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Per Chris Broussard: Knicks have reached out to Memphis about sending OJ Mayo to DEN in 3-team deal that would send Carmelo Anthony to NY
OJ Mayo's value is at all time low and Denver already has Affallo and JR Smith so I dont know why they would want him.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Love pwning n00bs. 35/11
Old 01-13-2011, 10:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Kevin Love pwning n00bs. 35/11

Meh. Just another game for him.

Wiz are absolutely pitiful though. Might be as bad as Cleveland.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

0-19 on the road this year!!! Has to be some kind of record.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know the Nuggets are up by a billion, but that offensive foul call on JR Smith was absolutely ********.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote