Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
steelersfan2011
Rookie

steelersfan2011 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.steelersfan2011 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Where Will the Steelers Draft in 2011?

The Steelers love to suprise in the first round, however lacking to do that gained a probowl caliber center in Maurkice Pouncey. The Steelers will probably not go down that road again and suprise. Positions in order of need to be drafted. The Steelers have taken soo many corners I find it hard to believe they take another.

DT- almost no depth behind Hampton.
DE- Keisel is about the age Smith was when Ziggy was drafted. And when Keisel was out with the hamstring the Steelers Suffered.
OG- Prob Pouncey II
OT- Both sides need help although RT is the most glaring. The lack of Depth in the line is depressing, escpecially when both Starting Tackles go on IR.
S- Suprise here with a backup to Clark. Polumalus replacement will only be in the first round when he comes to age of retirement.
steelersfan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan2011 View Post
The Steelers love to suprise in the first round, however lacking to do that gained a probowl caliber center in Maurkice Pouncey. The Steelers will probably not go down that road again and suprise. Positions in order of need to be drafted. The Steelers have taken soo many corners I find it hard to believe they take another.

DT- almost no depth behind Hampton.
DE- Keisel is about the age Smith was when Ziggy was drafted. And when Keisel was out with the hamstring the Steelers Suffered.
OG- Prob Pouncey II
OT- Both sides need help although RT is the most glaring. The lack of Depth in the line is depressing, escpecially when both Starting Tackles go on IR.
S- Suprise here with a backup to Clark. Polumalus replacement will only be in the first round when he comes to age of retirement.
Maybe that's the surprise?

DT - very few legitimate candidates for this, with Jerrell Powe and Phil Taylor being my 2 favorite. Kenrick Ellis too, but he's got some character questions surrounding his work ethic and other stuff, which isn't something I'm a big fan of.

DE - this is a year full of 3-4 DE talent and we'd do well to take a player. We need a future replacement at RE, meaning he has to be the better pass-rusher of both ends. Ziggy isn't much of a pass-rusher, or at least hasn't been for the most part. He has had some sacks recently after fully recovering from a nagging ankle injury, but the jury is still out. Due to this, players like Adrian Clayborn and Allen Bailey are more attractive to me right now than someone like Cameron Heyward, who is a fantastic run-stuffer but offers little as a pass-rusher. I'd love Heyward, though, I'd have no problem with taking him.

OG - only early guys I want are Mike Pouncey, Marcus Cannon, and Ben Ijalana, in that order.

OT - not a big fan of the tackles at all. Only one I like is Carimi, but he might go in the first and I say that's a big no-no for us, there will be much more talented players at other positions.

S - not a fan of the safeties either.

CB - I do believe we need to take this into consideration. My favorite two prospects for us now are Jimmy Smith and Brandon Harris, and believe it or not in that order. I'm of course assuming there's no way we land either Peterson or Amukamara.

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 01-13-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think guard and corner are our weakest positions. Getting Starks and Colon back will give us our starting tackles, with pretty solid depth. Pouncey is a stud in the middle. The guards are still weak, and I'd love to see a first round talent brought in to battle with those two.

Corner is the other area. With Ikes contract being up, its our biggest need unless he is resigned. Yes, we have drafted a lot of corners over the years, but they have all shown nothing at all. Keep throwing picks at corner and we're bound to get someone that is actually capable of starting.

Next spot I would look is MLB. Timmons has been great, but Farrior is going to have to retire soon enough. I doubt Foote, Fox, or Sylvester are the answer to start at the other inside spot, so I pick there wouldn't suprise me either.

And the Steelers will likely just go BPA because the roster is so talented that we don't have very many holes at all. Lock up Woodley and Taylor, and go BPA.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CB, OLINE, DE

Thats all. unless Hines retires and a WR falls into their laps

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

Agree with the above assessments but would like to add; running back and quarterback. A quick scatterback that would be good on passing downs coming out of the backfield; in other words, Mewelde Moore with speed and some muscle. Drafting a qb is not a bad idea either since Lefty looks very suspect to me, Charlie might retire and Dixon is really nothing special. I wouldn't grab one of these in the top three rounds but certainly somehwere just after.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:47 AM    (permalink
steelersfan2011
Rookie

steelersfan2011 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.steelersfan2011 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree that corner is a definite need for this team however this depends on how well Tomlin thinks he can coach up a good corner because of his background as a Secondary Coach
steelersfan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

Vendetta1 Vendetta1 Vendetta1

Corner for sure I hope they don't resign *** he is horrible ! And Ike is starting to grow on me . They have young talent there so I don't think they draft at that position again they need to go oline first! Corner 2nd mayb Jenkins or Fitzpatrick drops . If you go skill position you almost have to draft another wide reciever if u loose wallace , which I pray doesn't happen, or you go running back possibly get lamichael James to contrast with isaac Redman or mendenhall if he's healthy
Vendetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

Vendetta1 Vendetta1 Vendetta1

Dont Resign William Gaay**
Vendetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote