Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-16-2011, 05:45 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be totally honest, I don't hope you guys win or root for you, but watching another team knock you out just isn't fulfilling, and I'd probably rather see you advance, congrats on a great season though.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:59 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I woke up hoping to see some firings, but it's just not going to happen. We will continue to make the playoffs then make a quick exit every ************* season.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Falcons fans keep your head up. Last night's game was an anomaly. Play that game 100 times, and never again would the Packers win like that. The Falcons had 4 turnovers.

McClure has had 3 horrible games recently and has caused 2 turnovers in the last 3 games. He'll prolly retire. I really thought by the look on Gonzo's face he may be done as well. But keep your chins up, this team is going to win a lot more games in the next decade.

Can anyone explain to me why Weatherspoon wasn't playing more? Nicholas had the worst game I've seen from any linebacker this season.

Also I was appalled at the overturn of that Jenkins catch. It's like how deep could the officials pile on? It was blatantly obvious that it was a catch to me, 2 feet down, then the hit came and jarred it loose, but it still never hit the ground. That being said, it seems like Jenkins just isn't a good #2 WR, not for an offense that is that good. Didn't the Falcons pass on Dez Bryant for Sean Weatherspoon, what was the thinking there?

Oh well, keep those chins up
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dimitroff picks high character guys for the most part, there was no chance we were taking Dez Bryant, even though many of us thought it was the "sexy" pick. I still think Weatherspoon will be a beast next season, his rookie season reminds me of William Moore's in a way, hobbled by injuries for almost the entire thing. Look at where Moore is now, probably our best player in the secondary. We need to be able to generate a pass rush in the future, and get some explosive players on offense. As much as I love the guy, I never want to see Brian Finneran receive a large amount of time in a playoff game ever again. I want to punch Michael Jenkins continously in the face.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should have traded up for Calvin Johnson all those years ago.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalconsFan View Post
The more I think about this lost the more angry I get.......

This lost drops Matt into that ''Tony Romo category'' that good but not great category...
I think we take this frustration out on teams next season. I said in my post a few weeks back, as much as I wanted it for us this year, I had a feeling we would be let down. I still remember the Eagles spanking us with Kolb at QB, if we can't defend them I didn't see us winning a SB. I honestly believe we are one of the top contenders for it next season.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:53 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Falcons fans keep your head up. Last night's game was an anomaly. Play that game 100 times, and never again would the Packers win like that. The Falcons had 4 turnovers.

McClure has had 3 horrible games recently and has caused 2 turnovers in the last 3 games. He'll prolly retire. I really thought by the look on Gonzo's face he may be done as well. But keep your chins up, this team is going to win a lot more games in the next decade.

Can anyone explain to me why Weatherspoon wasn't playing more? Nicholas had the worst game I've seen from any linebacker this season.

Also I was appalled at the overturn of that Jenkins catch. It's like how deep could the officials pile on? It was blatantly obvious that it was a catch to me, 2 feet down, then the hit came and jarred it loose, but it still never hit the ground. That being said, it seems like Jenkins just isn't a good #2 WR, not for an offense that is that good. Didn't the Falcons pass on Dez Bryant for Sean Weatherspoon, what was the thinking there?

Oh well, keep those chins up

Spoon hasn't been playing more because he isn't very good. He's shown flashes, but struggled quite a bit this year.

We will draft a DE who will only play sporadically, and our offense and defense will remain stagnant because apparently it's impossible for us to add anything new on either side of the ball.

Thomas needs to go back to getting immediate impact players in the draft. Spoon and Peria have accounted for jack ******* ****.
Draft King
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
We should have traded up for Calvin Johnson all those years ago.
That would have been beautiful, seeing as we wasted the two first rounders we would have traded on Jamaal Anderson and Chris Houston. Add Bobby Petrino to the mix, and I officially hate Arkansas.
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
I think we take this frustration out on teams next season. I said in my post a few weeks back, as much as I wanted it for us this year, I had a feeling we would be let down. I still remember the Eagles spanking us with Kolb at QB, if we can't defend them I didn't see us winning a SB. I honestly believe we are one of the top contenders for it next season.
Utah Jazz. We'll go 11-5 and then get bounced first round.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Utah Jazz. We'll go 11-5 and then get bounced first round.
Obviously I'm not living in the future and have not seen our team from next season play, but Matt Ryan will not let this team lose like that again.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Obviously I'm not living in the future and have not seen our team from next season play, but Matt Ryan will not let this team lose like that again.

Probably said the same thing after Arizona. Unless we add some talent/McDaniels, there's only so much Matt is going to be able to do throwing outs/posts to Michael Jenkins and force feeding Roddy.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The question is, where does this team go from here?

It think we need to take some risks and make major changes. Tough to build through the draft, but what can we do. I just want the OC and DC gone.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
The question is, where does this team go from here?

It think we need to take some risks and make major changes. Tough to build through the draft, but what can we do. I just want the OC and DC gone.

I'd imagine we find out today, but Mularkey and BVG will stay. Zero doubt in my mind.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'd imagine we find out today, but Mularkey and BVG will stay. Zero doubt in my mind.
Ya, pretty depressing.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Honestly, I'd prefer Mike Mularkey goes. BVG sucks, but with Mike Smith we are going to play a soft defense regardless. It's just his style. Mularkey just isn't doing anything for us. McDaniels is a must.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our draft needs to be completely about playmakers, plain and simple. Talent at DE, WR, TE, RB (Turner's plodding is good when sealing a win, but not in getting one). Skill position players are what separate us from the elite teams that have four or five impact players. We only really have two: White and Abraham.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Look at how many capable targets the "elite" QBs in this league have as well...
Old 01-16-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

We should have been playing Seattle. I would have been able to remain confident and happy with my team instead of this horrible bitter state I'm currently in.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any team in the league would be able to beat the **** out of us if we came unprepared like we did last night. I doubt we win against the seahawks.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Any team in the league would be able to beat the **** out of us if we came unprepared like we did last night. I doubt we win against the seahawks.
We would have destroyed the Seahawks. Things are a lot different if we weren't playing the Packers and Aaron Rodgers especially. Matt Hasselback isn't breaking those sacks, and the Seahawks aren't getting the pressure GB did.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Mike Smith presser at 3. I'd be so ******* excited to here that there will be changes. But I'm fully expecting to hear how we will improve, good year that ended on a bad note, won't let this happen again, big years for some guys next year/people really came along, getting more comfortable in the system, looking forward to the offseason, etc, etc.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Coach Smith: Guys, the sky has not fallen. You don't want to overreact. You want to sit down and analyze when you take emotion out if it.

**** you, you fat ****. Yeah, let's not overreact to being exposed as being completely predictable and getting raped in our own home. Suck a dick you fat piece of ****.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

On whether he has thought of making any changes to the coaching staff:
“No, in fact we hope we can have continuity on our coaching staff. I think our coaching staff is one of the best or not the best in the NFL. I think that you want to have continuity with your players; you want to have continuity with your staff. I think our staff has done a great job this year preparing our team each and every week, even though there were a couple of games that we didn’t play our best. I want to say this, the Green Bay Packers were the better team last night. That’s how you’ve got to approach it each and every week because the dynamics change in this league from week to week.”

Philosophy and schemes will also not be changed. Glad to see we are content with being a ******* embarrassment.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Let me repeat, **** this team. We will never win a Superbowl on this path. End of story.
Mike Smith's interview was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Well at least the Patriots failed too.