Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is James Harden your favorite player?
Yes 63 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

The Miami Heat lost again. What I've been saying is right. Both James and Bosh (towards the end of the game) were injured this time, and they lost to the Bulls. The Heat are simply not good enough to overcome an injury to one of their Big 3.

Last edited by wordofi : 01-16-2011 at 09:25 AM.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They almost overcame injuries to 2 of the big 3 against a good team.

As long as everyone healthy for the playoffs they'll be fine.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
They almost overcame injuries to 2 of the big 3 against a good team.

As long as everyone healthy for the playoffs they'll be fine.
Almost isn't good enough. They still lost the game. If they were playing the Spurs, they would have lost by more than 3 points.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And if the Bulls had Noah, they would have won by more than 3 points. Also, Boozer had a terrible game, and pretty much everyone outside of Rose had a bad game, yet the Bulls still won.

If James played, yes it would have been a much different game. But the Bulls were without their starting All Star caliber center and their star PF played like crap. But they still shut down the Heat defensively and the only reason it was close is because Wade went all NBA Jam in the final 5 minutes of the 2nd and 4th quarters. Other than that, the Bulls had 8-14 point leads most of the game.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
And if the Bulls had Noah, they would have won by more than 3 points. Also, Boozer had a terrible game, and pretty much everyone outside of Rose had a bad game, yet the Bulls still won.

If James played, yes it would have been a much different game. But the Bulls were without their starting All Star caliber center and their star PF played like crap. But they still shut down the Heat defensively and the only reason it was close is because Wade went all NBA Jam in the final 5 minutes of the 2nd and 4th quarters. Other than that, the Bulls had 8-14 point leads most of the game.
Be careful with comments like this, the football season is almost over and people will be looking for a new _______'s got injuries joke. It gets ******* annoying, let me tell you.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Be careful with comments like this, the football season is almost over and people will be looking for a new _______'s got injuries joke. It gets ******* annoying, let me tell you.
Yes, I know. It's annoying already because people are going to look at the Bulls-Heat and all they will say is, "Oh, Lebron was out and Bosh missed the 4th and they only lost by 3." They won't even look at the what was going on with the Bulls, yet we still won.

I'm actually upset Lebron was out because I wanted to see how the Bulls could matchup against a healthy Heat. Then again, everyone shouldn't be shocked when the Heat have injuries when 2 of your 3 stars are made of glass. It'd be like if Bulls fans are shocked when Carlos Boozer misses 5-10 games near the end of the season with an injury.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-16-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So i hear the Bulls have injuries..
Old 01-16-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O Really? The Celtics don't...

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Brook Lopez had 6 rebounds against the Suns and 3 against the Trail Blazers. That's ******* horrible for a Center. He went off offensively, but I would trade off the low post offense for rebounds any day.
he als scored 30+ points the last 2 nights. I'll take that.
Yea i wish he got boards, but I agree, I'll take his stellar low post O for rebounds anyday as well
but him rebounding would be nice...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Derrick Rose in January
9 games, 33 rebounds

Brook Lopez in January
8 games, 29 rebounds

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-16-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
he als scored 30+ points the last 2 nights. I'll take that.
Yea i wish he got boards, but I agree, I'll take his stellar low post O for rebounds anyday as well
but him rebounding would be nice...
so you DON'T agree.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite Bropez' inability to get rebounds himself, the Nets rebound slightly better when he is on the floor than when he is off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
so you DON'T agree.
i read it wrong. ugh. i'm tired.
but humphries steals most of the rebounds. that *****.
it's not like we're getting crushed on the glass, so with this scenario, i'll take his low post offense everytime.
also, 'melo jerseys were 50% off at the game last night...hmmm

Billups-Rip-'Melo-Humphries-Bropez.

i'm warming up to it.
but i'll miss Harris, Morrow and mainly Favors </3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
I'm pretty sure it's the Red Wings, so no basketball team has to worry about it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
The Miami Heat lost again. What I've been saying is right. Both James and Bosh (towards the end of the game) were injured this time, and they lost to the Bulls. The Heat are simply not good enough to overcome an injury to one of their Big 3.

You do realize that if Gasol or Kobe get hurt the Lakers aren't winning it all either right? What you're saying isn't anything people don't already know.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
You do realize that if Gasol or Kobe get hurt the Lakers aren't doing anything either right? What you're saying isn't anything people don't already know.
Ummm the Lakers actually had a very impressive record in the span that Kobe didnt play last year so....

I mean, Im a laker fan and he is still the black mamba i most definitely want him in the playoffs no doubt, but they play just fine without him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Last edited by SickwithIt1010 : 01-16-2011 at 04:08 PM.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care, they wouldn't win the championship without him.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't care, they wouldn't win the championship without him.
I agree. Was just simply letting it be known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

Quote:
You do realize that if Gasol or Kobe get hurt the Lakers aren't winning it all either right? What you're saying isn't anything people don't already know.
You're missing the point. The Heat can't even win a game when one of more of the Big 3 is out. They account more more than 2/3 of the team's scoring. At least if Gasol or Bryant went down for the Lakers, they would still be a playoff team.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kings are forming a nice inside/outside game with Cousins and Evans (when he's healthy). But it's obvious the Kings need another weapon to grow with these two lottery players. If you were Geoff Petrie, what kind of player do you target to add to these two? Do you add a super athletic wing player? A pass-first PG? A stretch 4? A combo guard PG? A combo guard SG? A dead-eye perimter shooting guard with great defense?

Thinking in terms of current players, I think Steph Curry would be an incredible partner in the backcourt with Reke Havoc. He is an incredibly efficient shooter and would theoretically split ball-handling duties with Evans.

In terms of past players, I like the idea of a guy like Doug Christie playing with Evans. He also was a good perimeter shooter and brings the added element of being a lockdown man defender although you give up the distributing ability of Curry.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
You're missing the point. The Heat can't even win a game when one of more of the Big 3 is out. They account more more than 2/3 of the team's scoring. At least if Gasol or Bryant went down for the Lakers, they would still be a playoff team.

So would the Heat. Lebron took that piece of **** Cavs team to the #1 seed, and Wade took a garbage Heat team to the 4 seed last year. They wouldn't win a series but they would make the playoffs.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

no they wouldnt, maybe if they were in the east they could but without Kobe they would be a .500 to sub .500 team which doesnt work in the west

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So would the Heat. Lebron took that piece of **** Cavs team to the #1 seed, and Wade took a garbage Heat team to the 4 seed last year. They wouldn't win a series but they would make the playoffs.
There isn't a single team that would be good enough to win playoff games without their best player, especially if that player that runs the offense. I can't think of an championship team that did it without their best player, and I highly doubt there is one.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
There isn't a single team that would be good enough to win playoff games without their best player, especially if that player that runs the offense. I can't think of an championship team that did it without their best player, and I highly doubt there is one.

That's why I said they wouldn't win a series.

The Celtics might be able to survive an injury like that though, probably wouldn't win it all but they could probably advance without one of their top guys.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Kings are forming a nice inside/outside game with Cousins and Evans (when he's healthy). But it's obvious the Kings need another weapon to grow with these two lottery players. If you were Geoff Petrie, what kind of player do you target to add to these two? Do you add a super athletic wing player? A pass-first PG? A stretch 4? A combo guard PG? A combo guard SG? A dead-eye perimter shooting guard with great defense?

Thinking in terms of current players, I think Steph Curry would be an incredible partner in the backcourt with Reke Havoc. He is an incredibly efficient shooter and would theoretically split ball-handling duties with Evans.

In terms of past players, I like the idea of a guy like Doug Christie playing with Evans. He also was a good perimeter shooter and brings the added element of being a lockdown man defender although you give up the distributing ability of Curry.
Billups of the past few years is the perfect fit for the Kings. Stretches the floor, plays D, provides vet leadership. Honestly, the Kings just need some positive veteran influences. They have 2 cornerstones, and they should just surround those with good character older players. They want to be like OKC, but Durant was a guy with impeccable character, while High Speed Tyreke and Headcase Cousins are the total opposite.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote