Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 01-16-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll cost too much. Hightower will be cheaper.
McDermott is the new DC prob.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm guessing this makes bowers the pick and pretty well eliminates the peterson/dareus argument.
I think I at the point now where I would be happy with Fairley or Bowers. This is still a bad year to get the second pick, but I think these are the two guys most worth taking a punt on based on where we are. Everyone else would be a bad idea in my mind.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
I think I at the point now where I would be happy with Fairley or Bowers. This is still a bad year to get the second pick, but I think these are the two guys most worth taking a punt on based on where we are. Everyone else would be a bad idea in my mind.
agreed with taking fairley or bowers, but i think this is far from a bad year to have the second overall pick. imagine if we were in the same situation, except replace this year's class with the class of '09. that would defnitely be a no-win situation.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'm still on peterson. i think he's clearly the BPA in the draft, and when you need talent at every position on defense....

that said, if we shift to a 43 look, i'm ok with bowers or fairley. i don't like either in a 34 look.
i think it's pretty much a given that we'll switch to a 43, considering fox's background and our reported interest in mora and mcdermott
Old 01-16-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be happy with either PP or Fairley. Disappointed with anyone else. Also I don't mind the move to the 4-3 much at all. If you look at our front 7, it's probly gonna benefit both DJ Williams and Robert Ayers. It's gonna hurt Doom, but only slightly, as he's proven he can get the sacks any way he wants. Yeah he'll suffer in run support, but as of now, so will our entire D so whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
all reports i've seen indicate that we'll stick with a 34 flavor, but that it'll be more of a hybrid (doom will have his hand in the dirt at times).
We kept Nunnelly as DL coach, which is a signal that the 3-4 will still be in effect to some degree. Other coaching appointments:

OC - Mike McCoy
OL - Dave Magazu
TE - Clancy Barone
RB - Eric Studesville
WR - Tyke Tolbert
Off Quality Control - Brian Callahan

DL - Wayne Nunnelly
Def Quality Control - Jay Rodgers

Jim Skipper (RB, Running game coordinator in Carolina) is rumored to be coming (maybe AHC?) and from what I've heard it sounds like Adam Gase will move from WR's to QB coach. Both would be good moves.

DC looks to be either McDermott from Philly or Mora Jr. Either one is significantly more legit than Wink.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't like McDermott, but I imagine he'd be running John Fox's schemes and not his own, so it might not be too bad. Also it should be noted that Magazu is a zone blocking guy, so it looks like we'll be a zone blocking team again.
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroads View Post
I really don't like McDermott, but I imagine he'd be running John Fox's schemes and not his own, so it might not be too bad.
No question that Fox will strongly influence the D, which would probably be good for a young guy like McDermott. We'll see how it plays out.

Quote:
Also it should be noted that Magazu is a zone blocking guy, so it looks like we'll be a zone blocking team again.
Carolina has run a mix of things the last few years. However, I believe Fox mentioned the return of a strong zone approach during one of his media sessions. I think that's a good thing. Not so much zone running, but the focus on doing a few things well. Commit to a certain approach. Repetition helps execution. This was an area of weakness under McD. Hopefully that will change.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

sorry for being out of the loop on this, but does anyone know how free agency will work with the current cba issues? will there be any signings before a new one is worked out?
Old 01-17-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really don't like McDermott, but I imagine he'd be running John Fox's schemes and not his own, so it might not be too bad. Also it should be noted that Magazu is a zone blocking guy, so it looks like we'll be a zone blocking team again.
McDermott gone to Carolina.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver Post is reporting that Jim Mora will likely be named the new DC.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post
sorry for being out of the loop on this, but does anyone know how free agency will work with the current cba issues? will there be any signings before a new one is worked out?
My understanding (which may be flawed) is that there is basically no trading of players or unrestricted FA until a new CBA is in place.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of Amakumara?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

But Amukamara has been nothing but a shutdown corner for Nebraska this year. How can you not be impressed by him?
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

it may be a long time before we get a DC if we wait around to talk to Trgovac.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
it may be a long time before we get a DC if we wait around to talk to Trgovac.
Can't they talk to coaches on the superbowl teams during the bye week this week?
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Can't they talk to coaches on the superbowl teams during the bye week this week?
Not completely sure of the rules, but I definitely read on espn that we have to wait until the Packers season is over.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
They can interview during that bye week, but couldn't finalize anything until the season is over.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
don't they still need the team's permission? which, i'd imagine, isn't real easy to get.
Yes, you'd need to get permission first.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

After further research, I may be wrong. Those rules may only apply to filling HC vacancies.

Quote:
As there is an urgency to hire new head coaches for some non-playoff teams, the NFL does allow teams to request permission to interview a postseason participant's assistants during the wild card week for teams who have the bye that week. They can also request permission to do so during the first week of Super Bowl preparations as long as there is a two-week break between the conference championships and the Super Bowl. The team only has one chance to talk to the assistant coach, once permission is granted, before the coach's team is eliminated from the playoffs.
If it is only HC's, then we'll have to wait until after the Superbowl.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

i'm keeping an eye on greg jones this week during the senior bowl. definitely seems like a potential pick for us in round 2.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
VoiceofReason
Rookie

VoiceofReason hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.VoiceofReason hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

dennis allen was named defensive coordinator on monday.. thoughts?

he was previously on the saints as the secondary coach, not to mention the saints were 4th in pass d. and tuesday ron milus (secondary) and richard smith (linebackers) were also signed onto the staff.

i wonder what this means for the whole 43/34 scheme?
VoiceofReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:43 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i said this in the other thread, but it means i want peterson even more now.
With all of the front-seven talent on the board, why go corner?

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiceofReason View Post
i wonder what this means for the whole 43/34 scheme?
My guess: we'll run 4 man fronts (vs run/pass) and some 3-3-5 looks (mainly vs pass). Even though the 3-3-5 has 3 DL, it doesn't require the same kind of skillset as the rare-and-mysterious 3-4 NT. A 4-3 DT who can get some push on the pocket would be just fine.

To make this work, I suspect we'll be looking for some DB's who can tackle and DL who can rush the passer.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
My guess: we'll run 4 man fronts (vs run/pass) and some 3-3-5 looks (mainly vs pass). Even though the 3-3-5 has 3 DL, it doesn't require the same kind of skillset as the rare-and-mysterious 3-4 NT. A 4-3 DT who can get some push on the pocket would be just fine.

To make this work, I suspect we'll be looking for some DB's who can tackle and DL who can rush the passer.
Gee it would be nice to have someone who could rush the passer besides Doom.

Trivia question - who is the only Bronco (besides Doom) to have more than 5.5 sacks in a season since 2004 (when Reggie Hayward had 10.5)?